PDA

View Full Version : Do You Remember When You Were FINALLY 'Out On Your Own'?

bloodrayne
08-22-2006, 12:53 AM
When I was 14 my mother and I didn't get along very well so I moved in with my biological father (who I barely knew) and took care of his house and 3 kids till I was almost 17...He was never there, so it wasn't too bad, but his kids drove me insane (now you know how that happened :D)

I left there to move in with my best friend at the time...I stayed at her house until we graduated at 17...Then, I rented a house by myself...I started working when I was 14, so I didn't have a problem holding a job and renting a home...

I met Seri and Alex's dad when I was 19, I was working as a construction worker for Century Construction...Then, I got pregnant with Seri, quit my job (had to...Kinda difficult working in construction when you're pregnant)...And I've been taking care of these guys ever since...

AUSTIN316426808
08-22-2006, 01:20 AM
One night when I was 15 I had a little conversation with my dad..

Dad-''You've got practice, school...you're gonna cut the grass and help me cut that tree outta the yard so go to sleep.''

Me-''Dude I'm 15, aren't we pass the in bed at 9 thing?"

Dad-''Don't get smart just go to bed, my house you do what I say until you're out of it.''

Me-''Sounds good to me.''

packed up, went to the door..

Dad-''The fuck are you doing?"

Me-''Fuck you''

He hit me harder than I've ever been hit in my life, I hit him yada yada yada...I moved in with my brother for a month then got my own apartment. I keep telling myself everything happens for a reason but I still sorta regret it, but everything's working out now so whatever the fuck ever.

The Flayed One
08-22-2006, 04:16 AM
Well, as soon as I graduated I moved into an apartment. I was only a few blocks away from my parents though, so I really didn't consider that all on my own. One day, I just looked around, decided I didn't like what I saw and said 'Fuck it'. I packed a single suitcase and moved to Seattle. It was the best choice I ever made.

Marroe
08-22-2006, 12:59 PM
I've been taking care of myself since I was 14, but I moved out of my mom's house and into my own apartment when I was 17. That lasted about 6 months until I found out my roommate was stealing from me then I moved in with my grandma. When I was 19 I moved into an apartment in Saint Louis and lived alone until July 1st of this year (I'm 23 now), and now I live with my boyfriend in Texas. It's taken us 3 years to get this far so this better be where I stay dammit :)
So I guess it depends on how you look at it. Feels like forever though.

Miss Olivia
08-22-2006, 02:39 PM
I've been on my own since I was sixteen. I was really scared at first, but I'm glad now that everything happened the way it did. I firmly believe the old adage....that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I can honestly say that I'm pretty happy with myself.
Yay me.

punk666
08-22-2006, 02:49 PM
i still live at home......

newb
08-22-2006, 06:31 PM
18......me and my brother moved into an apartment.........let the good times roll.

I don't see it happening these days for you youngsters[ boy did that make me sound like an old fart or what]........WAY too expensive.

azathoth777
08-22-2006, 06:51 PM
When I was 17 my father was going to move, but I didn't want to leave all my friends...again(we moved alot as a kid). So since then if been on my own...

stubbornforgey
08-23-2006, 07:05 AM
yeah..it was so kewl.
my 1st flat..
i think i was 16 n working..back then the rent was cheap.

tachii
08-23-2006, 07:40 AM
still trying to get out of this shit ass rat trap of a town! finally got a car and that's a start; hoping to transfer my job to austin and get the hell out. i'm 23 and as soon as january comes around i'll finally be on my own