PDA

View Full Version : Cats Try to Eat Incapacitated Owner

abbycomix
12-19-2003, 10:11 AM
Yikes! I love kitties, but I'll remember not to let myself be outnumbered by cats when I'm old.

LOS ANGELES (AP) - A group of hungry cats began to eat their 86-year-old owner after she suffered an apparent stroke and couldn't get up for nearly a week, officials said Thursday.

Mae Lowrie, who lives with seven cats, was discovered unconscious and riddled with bite marks Wednesday night at her Panorama City apartment, Fire Department and hospital officials said.

She was listed in fair condition at Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, said hospital spokeswoman Lisa Kort.

``The cats were trying to survive in the conditions that they were in, faced with the outcome they had. They did what they had to do to survive,'' animal control Officer Ernesto Poblano told KABC-TV. ``The cats were all emaciated, very, very emaciated.''

Lowrie may have suffered a stroke, said Jim Wells, spokesman for the Los Angeles Fire Department.

The woman's apartment manager alerted authorities after neighbors realized they hadn't seen Lowrie in several days.
Wells said Lowrie, who was believed to have been stricken about a week before she was found, was also dehydrated.
The cats, apparently without food for that time, also tried to eat Lowrie's small dog, said Jackie David, a spokeswoman for the city Animal Services Department. The terrier showed signs of hypothermic shock, severe dehydration, respiratory illness and was later euthanized, she said. One of the cats, a kitten, was found dead.

Ritualistic
12-19-2003, 01:17 PM
well ya gotta do what ya gotta do to survive... interesting story thanx for sharing... hell if I die with my cats here , and they have nothing to eat.. I say eat away!!! but shit if I am that old and knocked out I still say, Eat away!!!

mictlan
12-19-2003, 01:28 PM
My cat would do it in a second, he is all predator, and a sadistic one too.

Once he brought home a bird for me and left it under the piano bench. He had somehow removed the head so that all that was left was the spine with brain and eyes attached. At least that's what it looked like.

Ritualistic
12-19-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by mictlan
My cat would do it in a second, he is all predator, and a sadistic one too.

Once he brought home a bird for me and left it under the piano bench. He had somehow removed the head so that all that was left was the spine with brain and eyes attached. At least that's what it looked like.

yeah all cats that go outside to that.. they do it for appreciation.. it is there way of giving you a gift.. I have plenty of pictures of rats/birds/lizards and other small animals that my cat has gifted me with.. :D

Arioch
12-19-2003, 03:58 PM
just another reason im a dog person.............then again.......dogs would probably eat her too lol.

moonsorrow
12-20-2003, 12:46 AM
thats why i dont like cats...so dissloya... take a dog and stick it in the same sitiuation and it would rather starve to death then eat its owner. such loyal animals

abbycomix
12-22-2003, 07:00 AM
Well, they did try to eat her dog too. I think the main problem was she was outnumbered 7 to 1!

ds_spoon
12-22-2003, 07:35 AM
funny stuff

LegionFilms
12-22-2003, 09:23 AM
What the hell is wrong with you people. You would let your cats eat you? lol, I hate cats, if one tried to eat me I'd take a bite outta them see how they like it

ds_spoon
12-22-2003, 01:47 PM
i would love to use a shotgun and blow a cat up i would never let no cat eat me!!

ELement
12-23-2003, 03:37 PM
Hey I know my cat would also do that in a scecon. Hell the lil s.o.b. bites me when I try to hold him he hates to be held he's not very friendly. I hate him.

MichaelMyers
12-23-2003, 10:06 PM
My cat is pretty nice, but she would probably still do this. :mad:

ELement
12-24-2003, 09:10 PM
You know after you pass on that would be a very horrible thing to get eaten after that by your cats! After we lose this cat w wont have any more! LOL:p

Ritualistic
12-25-2003, 03:12 PM
well a cat is a predator , completely different from K9`s, which are not predators.. cats have the instinct to survive which I fucking love.. and if i were dead and locke up in the house with my cat ... I would want my cat to survive.. we rot anyways so who cares..

ELement
12-25-2003, 03:26 PM
Well I know my dog it is so loyal it would never do that to me!

ds_spoon
12-26-2003, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by ELement
Well I know my dog it is so loyal it would never do that to me!
yeah dogs would rather die than eat u

ELement
12-26-2003, 09:53 AM
Yea thats pretty cool I know my cat would eat me not just because he's a predator, but becuse hehates me oh well he aint my cat. Plus his a$$ will be long gone before I die.:)

moonsorrow
12-26-2003, 10:34 AM
who knows what tomorrow brings element?

ELement
12-26-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by moonsorrow
who knows what tomorrow brings element?

Only GOD knows.:eek:

ds_spoon
12-27-2003, 04:21 AM
lol^^^lol

Ritualistic
12-28-2003, 09:36 AM
I do remember a story about a silent film actor or actress, maybe a director that got ate by their dog.. this is an old story and I remember hearing it years ago.. who it was , I cant remember.. Dogs are loyal but will eat you too. just like cats...

moonsorrow
12-28-2003, 09:44 AM
that depends on the breed ritualistic, some dogs will but most wont. after ages of being kept as pets, eing hand fed and told when and when not to piss weve surpressed theyr instincts so much.