PDA

View Full Version : Last House OnThe Left Remake

phantomstranger
08-17-2006, 01:01 PM
Rogue Remaking Craven's Last House
Source: Rogue Pictures
August 17, 2006

A remake of The Last House on the Left, the 1972 horror classic that established Wes Craven as a filmmaker, is being developed at Rogue Pictures for production in early 2007. Craven and longtime producing partner Marianne Maddalena will produce the new version with the original film's producer, Sean S. Cunningham. Rogue co-presidents Andrew Karpen and Andrew Rona made the announcement today.

Rogue will hold worldwide rights to the remake, for which a director is being sought. The new film will hew closely to the plot of the earlier version, which tracked the fate of a group of murderers as vengeful parents of the victims mete out punishment to fit the crimes.

Another of Craven's early works, The Hills Have Eyes, was recently remade; Craven co-produced the remake with Maddalena and Peter Locke. That film became a boxoffice hit earlier this year; a sequel, written by Craven and his son Jonathan, is in production for release by Fox Atomic in March. Martin Weisz is directing the sequel, which is again produced by Craven, Maddalena, and Locke.

Karpen and Rona said, "We're excited about working with this talented team of filmmakers to create a new take on this seminal movie that will scare the wits out of a whole new generation of filmgoers."

zwoti
08-17-2006, 01:03 PM
seen a trailer, this looks absolutely shite

urgeok
08-17-2006, 01:58 PM
its going to be called "the second last house on the left' and will involve mostly some nasty name calling.

The Mothman
08-17-2006, 02:48 PM
i think it will be interesting if they really put effort into making the film disturbing. i hope its one of the films that doesnt manage to hit the theater, because that will probably mean its nothing special.

but the old one doesnt effect me to much, i would like to be able to see what they can do with a new one.

The STE
08-17-2006, 02:49 PM
wonder if they're going to film the "machete rape" scene this time 'round

zwoti
08-17-2006, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by The Mothman
i think it will be interesting if they really put effort into making the film disturbing. i hope its one of the films that doesnt manage to hit the theater, because that will probably mean its nothing special.

from the trailer, this has "direct to a bargain bin near you" written all over it

The_Return
08-17-2006, 03:25 PM
Didt they just do this?

Sure, they opted not to officially call it a remake, but the original idea for "Chaos" was to be a LHOTL remake.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0405977/

zwoti
08-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by The_Return
Didt they just do this?

Sure, they opted not to officially call it a remake, but the original idea for "Chaos" was to be a LHOTL remake.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0405977/

and now they are doing it again

http://lhl.metpix.com/

The Mothman
08-17-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by zwoti
from the trailer, this has "direct to a bargain bin near you" written all over it link?
*edit*
oops. the link above me is to the trailer:rolleyes:

The Mothman
08-17-2006, 04:42 PM
your totally right Zwoti. this looks like a laughable, steaming pile of shit.

whats with the guy licking the tree towards the end?

horrorobsessed
08-18-2006, 02:31 PM
okay let me get this straight...

it's a remake of LHOTL, but they're calling it Chaos so it doesn't look like a remake?

FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!

zwoti
08-18-2006, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by horrorobsessed
okay let me get this straight...

it's a remake of LHOTL, but they're calling it Chaos so it doesn't look like a remake?

FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!

that was last year, this year's remake is called lhotl

horrorobsessed
08-18-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by zwoti
that was last year, this year's remake is called lhotl

OHHH!

thanks for helping me straighten that out.:)