PDA

View Full Version : CHUD remake.

The Mothman
08-15-2006, 03:12 PM
wtf. your not supposed to make low budget films like this. next thing you know they'll remake the evil dead and ill have a fucking hissy fit.

Roderick Usher
08-15-2006, 04:26 PM
You should never remake great films, only the ones that had a good idea and failed in the execution.

CHUD is an excellent candidate for remake. The old tv commercial with the old lady and the poodle was twice as scary as the movie was.

Plus, I know the director and he's got a fucking crazy vision for this one.

Miss Olivia
08-15-2006, 05:07 PM
I wonder if they'll remake the sequel: C.H.U.D. 2: Bud the Chud.
God, I loved that movie.....

azathoth777
08-15-2006, 05:29 PM
I think part of CHUD's appeal is the crappyness of the movie. A remake wouldn't have that....

novakru
08-15-2006, 05:45 PM
I'll watch it...out of pure curiosity and a chance to bitch if it's not completely Golden-lol.
I loved the original.

urgeok
08-15-2006, 06:15 PM
despite CHUD's shortcomings - it had a pretty decent cast ..

bet the remake has a bunch of kids ..

The_Return
08-15-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by The Mothman
wtf. your not supposed to make low budget films like this. next thing you know they'll remake the evil dead and ill have a fucking hissy fit.

Uh...the Evil Dead remake has been in talks for ages dude.

Amalthea
08-16-2006, 02:55 AM
I haven't seen the CHUD movies for years!

The Flayed One
08-16-2006, 05:34 AM
This is wonderful news! I think that the really cheesy shit is what they SHOULD be remaking. Don't remake Halloween, there's just no way it'll be as good.

Remake C.H.U.D. If nothing else, you're going to expect it to be terrible (but in a good way)

Remake Night of the Lepus & Piranah II next!

http://www.geekent.com/whatsentertainingthegeek/archives/pics/chud.jpg

Vodstok
08-16-2006, 06:03 AM
Piranha 2... Jim Cameron's directorial debut :D He's 52 today, btw. another great export from Canada, right up there with crown royal and the word "Eh?"

Seeing the Hills have eyes remake, i have high hopes for what COULD be done with a chud remake. I am willing to bet money that if CHUD is remade, "It's Alive" wont be far behind.

That could be fun.

urgeok
08-16-2006, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
..., "It's Alive" wont be far behind.

That could be fun.

yeah.. i know the cheeze is most of the charm, but it wouldnt hurt to have a creature that doesnt look like a scary toy ..

Vodstok
08-16-2006, 07:46 AM
Now that you mention it... They do kinda look like those toys that you squeeze and the littl eguy's eyes ears and tongue pop out... Only evil.
http://scaredyet.net/pics/kids/itsalive.jpg

urgeok
08-16-2006, 08:35 AM
it was more the mechanical way it wiggled ..

you half expected to see a big wind up key sticking out of its ass ..