PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please prevent The Covenan† from coming out?

The STE
08-15-2006, 01:01 PM
the "Sexy teenage witch/goth" aftereffects from The Craft have finally wound down, and now we've got this one coming out. At this rate, Hot Topic will NEVER go out of business...

Miss Olivia
08-15-2006, 01:03 PM
Hot Topic is the goth Wal-Mart.

The STE
08-15-2006, 01:05 PM
Only it's priced towards the spoiled rich kids market so all the white trash kids have to save up their Jack N The Box money to shop there

Miss Olivia
08-15-2006, 01:06 PM
To buy Nightmare Before Christmas underwear.

The STE
08-15-2006, 01:14 PM
and their mass-marketed shirts that proclaim how much of an individual they are.

"You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same"
No, I laugh at you because you payed $30 for that shirt, just like the 15 other people I've seen wearing it today you fucking emo/goth sheep.

Miss Olivia
08-15-2006, 01:20 PM
I'm not conforming to your ideal society. I'm gonna rebel and only wear black clothing that represents Tim Burton films. I'm such a nonconformist that the only place I'll shop is Hot Topic, where all nonconformists like me shop. We are such rebels. Take your conformist khakis and bug off, because we only wear black clothing with chains from Hot Topic. ALL of us.
Conformists SUCK!!! (sticks dick back in mouth)

The STE
08-15-2006, 01:29 PM
to be fair, I wear all black, mostly because I got in the habit while going to a predominantly black midwestern high school where wearing all black and being a quiet white kid perpetuated the stereotype that I would one day bring an AK-47 and shoot up the school. I was left alone for the most part.
Besides, Johnny Cash wore black. But I guess Johnny Cash is a conformist, too.

Vodstok
08-15-2006, 01:37 PM
I wore lots of black in high school and prettymuch until i met my wife because it was comfortable (you tend to get ignored) and it is virtually stain proof.

except for yellow mustard... That shit can stain BLACK

urgeok
08-15-2006, 01:54 PM
as no one will have a gun to my head to see this, and i dont hang with teenage goth wannabes .. they can release this and 15 sequels for all i care.

Miss Olivia
08-15-2006, 02:04 PM
I wore black, but it NEVER had anything to do with Tim Burton.
It's the attitude of the wearer that instigates scorn.
You could walk around naked smeared with shit, and if you have the "I'm better than you because I smear myself with shit" attitude, either you'll get a huge group of conforming nonconformist shit smearers going, or the other shit smearers will see you as a pompous dingleberry and scorn you.

Roderick Usher
08-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Miss Olivia
conforming nonconformist shit smearers

Intended audience for the Covenant

:D

Despare
08-15-2006, 10:41 PM
I don't mind Hot Topic, they had a tshirt sale and I got a great deal (like 2 dollars each) on a Halloween and Blood Feast shirt.

The STE
08-15-2006, 10:56 PM
I've bought a shirt ONCE at hot topic. It was a Pink Floyd: The Wall shirt, and it was also for sale, albeit more expensive, in another store, and thus, not a "hot topic" shirt

Sick_As_Fuck
08-15-2006, 11:38 PM
:o

The STE
08-16-2006, 12:07 AM
I know, I know, but I was young and had had no exposure to Hot Topic at the time.

The Flayed One
08-16-2006, 05:30 AM
I wear mostly black all the time. A good majority of it is horror Tshirts. I also wear a lot of Oakland Raiders stuff. I wear a lot of dark green too, because apparently green is the new black.

urgeok
08-16-2006, 06:49 AM
all i wear is blue jeans and black t-shirts .. since i was a kid. (and converse till my arches went to hell)

i dont know what hot topic is..

VampiricClown
08-16-2006, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by The Flayed One
I wear mostly black all the time. A good majority of it is horror Tshirts. I also wear a lot of Oakland Raiders stuff. I wear a lot of dark green too, because apparently green is the new black.

I wear mostly black all the time as-well. A lot of it because it makes me look quite a bit thinner than I am. Any dark colors really.

I shop at Hot Topic a lot, but I mean come on, where else are you going to find horror related t-shirts and even band t-shirts of the bands I listen to? Not anywhere around me, that's for sure.

I'm not a huge Tim Burton fan, being my favorite movie he made was Edward Scissorhands. Never even seen Corpse Bride.

And like Olivia said, it's all with the attitude you have while wearing it, if you act like a son of a bitch, yeah, you probably deserve to be snubbed, but I do two different things. Either I'm friendly, or I'm going around scaring people because they are too ignorant to realize I'm not a bad person.:mad:

urgeok
08-16-2006, 07:43 AM
who on the fucking planet is afraid of someone because of their clothing ?

no one i know ..

good for a laugh maybe .. but afraid ? of black cotton ?

The STE
08-16-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by VampiricClown
I shop at Hot Topic a lot, but I mean come on, where else are you going to find horror related t-shirts and even band t-shirts of the bands I listen to? Not anywhere around me, that's for sure.

http://www.rottencotton.com

who on the fucking planet is afraid of someone because of their clothing ?

the whole columbine thing coupled with the school having like 12 white students at any given time and me sitting off by myself and wearing a lot of black = "that crazy cracka gon' blow up da building, cuz!"

urgeok
08-16-2006, 10:26 AM
not where i live ..

some skinheads i find scary .. they dress to intimidate and there is (depending on the type of skinhead) the neo-nazi connection.

but goths ? they're about as scary as a glass of milk...

uh, chocolate milk in this case ..

and i'm not lactose intolerant.

Miss Olivia
08-16-2006, 10:45 AM
Most of the time, they dress to be scary because they're really marshmallows and don't want to get beat up. We went to this local concert a few years ago, and they had a lot of these gothy guys all dressed up in their spikes doing security. Well, this one strung out guy (crankhead) started some trouble, and the security went over there trying to be tough. The guy got in one of the goth's faces, and the "security" ended up lying outside on the pavement, hyperventilating.
I know it's mean, but we laughed our asses off.
I think it's a defense mechanism.

The STE
08-16-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by urgeok
not where i live ..

some skinheads i find scary .. they dress to intimidate and there is (depending on the type of skinhead) the neo-nazi connection.

but goths ? they're about as scary as a glass of milk...

uh, chocolate milk in this case ..

and i'm not lactose intolerant.

Yeah, but you live in Canada. Canada and Missouri are like...two other things that are comparably different...

VampiricClown
08-16-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by The STE
http://www.rottencotton.com

the whole columbine thing coupled with the school having like 12 white students at any given time and me sitting off by myself and wearing a lot of black = "that crazy cracka gon' blow up da building, cuz!"

I don't have a credit card, and since the site says 'Fuck' and 'Shit' on every page, my parents won't lend me theirs.

And yes, that is the exact reason people are scared of goth people. Every fucking mall I go to, everyone will get out of line to let me go first because they're scared of me. I've had old women in wheel chairs duck down and cower when I smiled at them. I mean, WTF!?

@Olivia
Not all of us are marshmallows....Work in tree removal for 4 years. :D

Miss Olivia
08-16-2006, 10:25 PM
Well, of course not ALL of them are pussies.....you can't make an absolute statement like that. However, I would venture to say at least 50% of so called "goths" are using their appearances as a shield. Of course, the West coast goth is a breed all its own....I used to work at a pretty trendy coffee shop (gag) and when you sit down and talk to some of them, they say the dumbest things you can imagine. They rant about the "system" and "conformity" and "bringing down the fascist machine" and then use their cell phones to call their mom to beg for fifty more dollars to buy some new pants from Hot Topic.

VampiricClown
08-16-2006, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Miss Olivia
Well, of course not ALL of them are pussies.....you can't make an absolute statement like that. However, I would venture to say at least 50% of so called "goths" are using their appearances as a shield. Of course, the West coast goth is a breed all its own....I used to work at a pretty trendy coffee shop (gag) and when you sit down and talk to some of them, they say the dumbest things you can imagine. They rant about the "system" and "conformity" and "bringing down the fascist machine" and then use their cell phones to call their mom to beg for fifty more dollars to buy some new pants from Hot Topic.

Oh, that's nice. :p

The STE
08-16-2006, 11:28 PM
in fact, today I was at the grocery store, was walking along behind someone in the aisle. Not because I was following them, but because the aisle was crowded and she was the only one moving. She turned around and saw me, flat out said 'you scared me' and as I walked away to find the sweet and sour sauce (fucking stuff is hard to find), I overheard her saying something about 'someone in all black behind me'
I had a nice laugh to myself about that

tarcher80
08-17-2006, 08:32 AM
this is why... *singing off-key* ladadada, i fucking hate... *more singing off-key* deedumdeedum, hollywood horror... *not quite hitting a high C* :o

Miss Olivia
08-17-2006, 09:18 AM
Nice singing.:p
I've said the same thing many times.....Hollywood makes it nearly impossible to find the sweet and sour sauce.....bastards.

dabruce16
08-17-2006, 10:22 AM
the only thing that the covenant has going for it, is the fact that the trailer has stabbing westward music in it.

Despare
08-18-2006, 07:33 PM
Good song in the trailer and honestly some of the effects look neat (like the jeep falling off a cliff and then in front of the cop car). Anyway, as far as clothes go who cares what people think? I have a shirt I LOVE that's like forest green, brown, and bright neon green that says "I'm Evil"... I'm sure people think odd things about that shirt but I really dig it.