PDA

View Full Version : one missed call

DarkRoom
08-14-2006, 02:08 PM
Can anyone shed some light on the ending to one missed call ? I found it completely baffling and Im questioning whether there is any rhyme or reason to it in the first place. I was fine with everything up until the last 5 or 10 minutes where it seemed like Miike wandered off out of some child like boredom and threw a wrench in my thought process. Anyone?

DarkRoom
08-15-2006, 10:46 AM
If you could go over it here that would be great.

DarkRoom
08-15-2006, 06:00 PM
Thanks that helped a lot. I was also wondering who's body was that in the hospital ? Was it Yumi's mother's or Mimiko's. And if Yumi's mother wasnt the culprit why was the phone in her hand if that was indeed her body. LOL sorry I just lost track of things towards the end.

Angelakillsluts
08-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by DarkRoom
I found it completely baffling and Im questioning whether there is any rhyme or reason to it in the first place. I was fine with everything up until the last 5 or 10 minutes

I'm in the same boat.

DarkRoom
08-15-2006, 07:50 PM
AHAA....Thanks again

DarkRoom
08-16-2006, 06:35 AM
Mainly Japanese horror. I've watched quite a few over the last 2 years or so. I would say "Uzumaki" is my favorite of the bunch so far. I really enjoyed the setting and overall atmosphere. There are a good amount of american horror movies I am a fan of. "Stir of Echoes" and "Thirteen Ghosts" (concept wise) are 2 titles that come to mind off hand. Older favorites include "The Exorsist" and "The Shining". My taste is kind of quirky. I definately prefer the supernatural stories over reality based stuff.

XtRaVa
08-16-2006, 07:32 AM
J-Horror FTW!

XtRaVa
08-16-2006, 10:30 AM
Gotta check that one then!

DarkRoom
08-16-2006, 07:11 PM
I plan on checking all of those out at some point. I think I've seen them all at my local blockbuster. Of the ones you listed which one would you recommend the most ? I've already seen Pulse, Ju-on, and Versus.

urgeok
08-17-2006, 04:43 PM
phone - the Korean film ?

i though that was the weakest asian long black haired ghost girl film of the bunch.

mainly because they wasted 1/3 of the movie spelling out what happened to an audience that should have figured it out before then .. (it wasnt much of a mystery)

well enough made - just a lot of unnessessary time spent ..

Angelakillsluts
08-18-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
phone - the Korean film ?

i though that was the weakest asian long black haired ghost girl film of the bunch.

mainly because they wasted 1/3 of the movie spelling out what happened to an audience that should have figured it out before then .. (it wasnt much of a mystery)

well enough made - just a lot of unnessessary time spent ..

I could have done without as much hand holding but I still liked it.

urgeok
08-18-2006, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Angelakillsluts
I could have done without as much hand holding but I still liked it.

i think i had had the biscuit by that point..

too much of a good thing ..

another one is Face ..

anyone mention that yet .. or St Johns Wart ?

slayer666
11-13-2006, 02:54 AM
I saw One Missed Call on Fear.net last night. I had high hopes since I often see this one praised here. I was disappointed. To be fair, I'm not sure I could get past how overly similar to Ringu it was. Assuming that Ringu came out first, this seemed like an inexcusable rip off. Generally, I found it slow and not particularly scary. It didn't even try to be scary until the very end. The picture quality (at least on cable) was poor - so much of it was shot in near darkness that there were several times when I couldn't see what was going on. Needless to say, I'm glad I didn't blind buy this one. Boring and ineffective.

slayer666
11-14-2006, 02:33 AM
sorry man thats how it goes some good some bad.

I know, but I thought this was supposed to be one of the really good ones. Oh well. I'm trying Marebito next.

slayer666
11-14-2006, 05:24 PM
its my fave man but you my not like the same movies i do . maybe you should let me know what you want in a movie and i will help you pick one you will like :) you wont like pulse much then ether.

Actually I loved Pulse. Unlike One Missed Call, it was scary.