PDA

View Full Version : Shameless plugging

Vodstok
08-14-2006, 06:42 AM
For anyone interested in my moonlighting as a staff writer for Planethalflife, my secondd article is up:
http://www.planethalflife.com/features/editorials/08132006.shtm

it's a bit of a doozy, it's a soapbox, semi rant about playing video games online and the impact that kind of thing has on kids.

let me know what you think.

Vodstok
08-14-2006, 12:14 PM
no one thinks anything?

i could have told you that. Har har.

Comeone now, you all know i wont spam something than let it die without comment, so say something :)

Save yourself the torment.

PR3SSUR3
08-14-2006, 12:33 PM
"...."

The_Return
08-14-2006, 12:40 PM
It was an interesting read, and for the most part I agree with you. As much as it pisses me off at times when I cant rent an R rated movie or play an M rated game, usually if I get my parents involved, they will let me anyway.

The laws in the states are fucked though. Sorry if this strays from video games to movies, but its the same deal.

I went down to the staes last week for a little familly vactation right? We went into Wal-Mart, and I figured Id pick up a couple movies. I went up to the cash with One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Robert Rodriguez's Mexico Trilogy. Both are rated R.

Well because I didnt feel like waiting in line, we went through the self-serve checkout. I scan the movies, and this clerk comes up and tells me I cant buy them if I dont have ID. So my dad says that he's fine with it (We've watched all 4 of these movies together in the past). She says that he's not aloud to buy them either, because she knows they're for me:rolleyes:. We did end up getting the movies, but we had to argue with this bitch of a clerk for 10 minutes, right in the middle of the check out lane.

She has absolutly no right to dictate what I can or cannot buy, providing I have parental permission, which I did. Thats what the fucking rating mean!

Vodstok
08-14-2006, 12:52 PM
nope, switching to movies is perfectly fine, because it is the exact same issue. What that chick did is bullshit, its not alchohol or tobacco, it isnt governed the same way. You arent prohibited fromowning the material, you just arent allowed to have it without parental permission. Now, if it had been hardcore pronography, she would have had a point, but obviously it was not.

That is walmart for ya. my wife worked there for a year... there are two types of people that would pull that crap at a walmart:

those that are so beaten down by all o fthe bullshit rules that they are terrified that if they infringe on one the tiniest bit, even if it is percieved, that they will end up unemployed. When my wife worked there, their lunches were from 12 to 1. you had to punch out exactly at 12, and back in exactly at 1, or you got "Coached", basically officially chewed out and it wa srecorded. Too many coachings and you got fired. Nazi-like rules because walmart busnienss practices are so bad that they get hammered with lawsuits, and they overcompensat. the other option is, she was just a bitch. This is MUCH more likely.

Welcome to America! land of the brave! Home of the free! Now, leave your money and fuck off!

VampiricClown
08-14-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Vodstok
Welcome to America! land of the brave! Home of the free! Now, leave your money and fuck off!

I hate the states laws...