PDA

View Full Version : Gods and Monsters

avenger00soul
12-18-2003, 01:27 PM
This probably belongs in the modern forum, but since it's about the classics I'm putting it in here. Did anyone ever see Gods and Monsters? It was about Frankenstein director James Whale, who was a homosexual. Ian Mckellan, who is also a homosexual, played him in the movie. And Clive Barker, yep him too, produced it. I've got no problem with that, I just thought it was either good casting or a strange coincidence. Pretty good movie though. Thoughts?

abbycomix
12-19-2003, 01:13 PM
Argh! This is one I've been meaning to see. All-star gay men of horror goodness. Must add it to my list!

mictlan
12-20-2003, 09:51 AM
Gandalf is gay?

Just kidding. Gods and Monsters is great. As I remember it has a few scenes that were shot to look like scenes from Whale's films... very cool.

I like to think that Boris Karloff was not as much of a dope as he was made out to be. Not that it bothers me in the film... I just like Karloff.

AUSTIN316426808
12-20-2003, 10:04 AM
Clive Barker is gay?

MichaelMyers
12-20-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
Clive Barker is gay?

No. lol The characters in the film are.

avenger00soul
12-20-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by MichaelMyers
No. lol The characters in the film are.

Actually, Barker is homosexual. He may be bi. Can't remember.

It doesn't matter though. His books and movies are still freakin' amazing.

abbycomix
12-21-2003, 11:04 AM
Oh Yeah, Clive is gay and out about it. In fact there is a new authorized biography about him out now that features pics of him and his family, (boyfriend and dog). Very talented and very handsome too. If I was a gay dude I'd totally go out with him!
;)

avenger00soul
12-21-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by abbycomix
Oh Yeah, Clive is gay and out about it. In fact there is a new authorized biography about him out now that features pics of him and his family, (boyfriend and dog). Very talented and very handsome too. If I was a gay dude I'd totally go out with him!
;)

At the end of all his books, in the about the author section, it always says he lives with his lover and his dog. Pretty funny.

It trips me out that he's fifty and still looks as good as he does.

Dr.Kelvinstein
12-22-2003, 09:33 PM
Clive's great, even if he does bat left-handed. Love the movie Gods and Monsters. Seen it three times. Bought the book but haven't read it yet. Sorry, so slow.