PDA

View Full Version : Man buys truck, finds dead baby inside

azathoth777
08-11-2006, 09:55 AM
STRASBURG, Colo. -- Authorities have arrested a 23-year-old woman in connection with the discovery of a baby's decomposing body found in the back of a truck in Arapahoe County.

The discovery was made just before 8 p.m. at the Country Gardens Mobile Home Park along South County Road 157, south of the town of Strasburg.

A man told Arapahoe County investigators that he and his 15-year-old son were removing trash left in the back of the truck when they found the body of an infant boy in a box. The box was in a black plastic bag full of leaves, he said.

The man said he had bought the 1971 Chevrolet pickup truck just hours earlier from a family who lives in a neighboring mobile home.

A woman in that family, identified as Christy Lee Cole, was arrested for investigation of first-degree murder and child abuse, according to the sheriff's office. She was being held without bond.

The investigation determined that Cole gave birth to a live, full-term or near full-term child in October 2005, the sheriff's office said.

"My heart goes out to them because they are the kind of people who you could call at 11 o'clock at night if you had a problem and they would come and help you," said neighbor Marilyn Callahan.

Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson told 7NEWS that there may be others involved in the case who may be arrested at a later date.

"I can't understand. It's beyond me why anybody...anybody in her wrong mind would do something like that," said neighbor Amanda Callaway.

Authorities are searching the family's home for additional clues. Cole lives at the home with a man and her 3-year-old son. Neighbors said the family has lived there since January 2005 and they see a lot of people coming and going into the house.

Linda Lavender lives next door to Cole.

"I can't believe that truck sat behind me with a baby in it," said Lavender. "I've seen the pickup. I've seen couches and trash and all kinds of stuff back there, but I never saw a box."

The boy's body was sent to the coroner's office for an autopsy. It's not known how long he has been dead or how old he was. The pickup truck where he was found was inoperable and had been sitting at the mobile home park for an extended period of time, the new owner said.

Cole's 3-year-old son has been removed from her care and was placed in the care of the Arapahoe County Human Services Department.

Cole is set to appear in Arapahoe County District Court on Friday to be advised of the charges.
---------------------------------------
This is why you always clean out your car before selling it. Who forgets they have a dead baby in the car?

Vodstok
08-11-2006, 10:01 AM
The kind of person who has a dead baby in their car...

man. that is awful...