PDA

View Full Version : You Guys Are Seriously Missing Out...I Gotta Fix That


bloodrayne
08-11-2006, 08:31 AM
Okay...Here's the deal...Any of you who do not live in this area have never tried, and will never get the opportunity to try, the Cincinnati-style chili...It's a regional thing...You guys have no idea what I'm talking about when I mention it...Hell, even Dustin had never tried it until he moved here, now he's hooked like the rest of us...


Anyway...The 2 best ways to try it are:

Poured over a mildly flavored cooked hot dog on a bun, put mustard on the hotdog, then pour on the chili, add finely chopped onions and shredded cheddar cheese...It HAS to be CHEDDAR cheese or it won't be the same...(you can leave out the mustard and/or onions if you don't like them)...That's a cheese coney

AND

Pour it over spaghetti with just shredded cheddar cheese on top...That's a 3-Way

Or...Add finely chopped onions to that...That's a 4-way

Or...Add onions AND kidney beans...That's a 5-way

If you add onions and/or beans...Put them on BEFORE the cheese

On all of these...Always PILE on the cheese..and the chili


Check it out here:

http://www.skylinechili.com/skyline_essentials.php

And here:

http://www.goldstarchili.com/


If you're interested...Send me your address in a PM...I will send you some in a can...All you have to do to cook it is stir it till it starts to boil, then turn off the burner

Give me a week or 2 to mail them out...Cuz I got my hands full with the baby and I'll have to do it on a day when Dustin is off work:)

If you're worried about giving me your address, I have sent things to MANY of the members here...And I haven't killed any of them....YET...muahahaha...:D

bloodrayne
08-11-2006, 08:34 AM
OH...You also have to put some peanut butter (smooth...NOT crunchy) on a piece of white bread...Fold it over...And dip it into the chili...JUST the chili by itself...

I know it sounds weird, but you HAVE to try it...At least ONE bite...At least ONE time...Okay?

crabapple
08-11-2006, 08:43 AM
Let me get this straight. If I want, you will MAIL ME a can of chili?

Wow.

That's WILD.

bloodrayne
08-11-2006, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by crabapple
Let me get this straight. If I want, you will MAIL ME a can of chili?

Wow. Nope...TWO cans...So that you can try it both ways :)

AUSTIN316426808
08-11-2006, 08:44 AM
Peanut butter=good
bread=good
chili=good

peanut butter & bread=good
chili & bread=good

peanut butter & bread & chili=WTF

Vodstok
08-11-2006, 08:46 AM
Beer = good
Chili = good
Woman = good

beer & woman = good
beer & chili = good

chili & woman = screaming (it burns)

bloodrayne
08-11-2006, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
Peanut butter=good
bread=good
chili=good

peanut butter & bread=good
chili & bread=good

peanut butter & bread & chili=WTF HaHa...That's what EVERYONE says...At first...

You just gotta try it

bloodrayne
08-11-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
Beer = good
Chili = good
Woman = good

beer & woman = good
beer & chili = good

chili & woman = screaming (it burns) lol..So then you throw the beer on her....See, they ALL have to go together for it to work :p

AUSTIN316426808
08-11-2006, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok

chili & woman = screaming (it burns)


So it is true...







Originally posted by Wickerman
I hate it when Vodstock gets hungry and he grabs a bottle of barbeque sauce and starts chasing around the first living creature he sees.

VampiricClown
08-11-2006, 09:28 AM
Ummmm....I'm kind of picky about what I'll eat. I don't like beans, onions or cheese in my chili. Just meat and sauce....But that's not really chili at that point. :(

Vodstok
08-11-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by VampiricClown
Ummmm....I'm kind of picky about what I'll eat. I don't like beans, onions or cheese in my chili. Just meat and sauce....But that's not really chili at that point. :( Actually, according to the rules of the world chili cookoff, anything but just meat and sauce ISNT chili.

VampiricClown
08-11-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
Actually, according to the rules of the world chili cookoff, anything but just meat and sauce ISNT chili.

Really? I'd have thought they'd have just considered that "Meat Sauce".

bloodrayne
08-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by crabapple
Let me get this straight. If I want, you will MAIL ME a can of chili?

Wow.

That's WILD. Nah, not really "wild"...I've done something like this before.....I've sent out money (it was an experiment...It failed, but it was still a lotta fun :)), books, movies, all kindsa stuff...

Hmm...Maybe I should make this a 'thing'...Like once a year, just send out something random...Ya never know...I just might :)
Originally posted by VampiricClown
Ummmm....I'm kind of picky about what I'll eat. I don't like beans, onions or cheese in my chili. Just meat and sauce....But that's not really chili at that point. :( Well, you can still do the chili dog...Just hot dog, bun, mustard and chili...no onions, no beans, no cheese...AND...Spaghetti and chili (chili spaghetti...that's what it's called)....AND...You could still try the peanut butter and chili :)

Miss Olivia
08-11-2006, 10:12 AM
I actually had a friend from Wisconsin talk me into trying the chili-peanut butter thing and it was really good.
And chili dogs are ALWAYS awesome. It's just the aftermath that's unpleasant....especially if you're married to a man who's 6'2 and weighs 240....it's enough to curl your hair.

Dude Guadalupe
08-12-2006, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
I've done something like this before.....I've sent out money (it was an experiment...It failed, but it was still a lotta fun :)), books, movies, all kindsa stuff...

One time she sent out a t-shirt, chili, cracker, cheez-itz, tomato soup, clam chowder, and a pair of pants (pleather) all at once...........that was an interesting day

bloodrayne
08-12-2006, 06:01 AM
HEY!!!....Thanks for responding!!!...I'm going to have a lotta fun with this...For everyone who gave me your addresses, I want you to let me know what you think after you try it :)


I can handle a few more addresses...*hint hint*...:)

AUSTIN316426808
08-12-2006, 06:53 AM
You fools, don't you see what's going on? The whole 3 years being all nice and stuff...''Here's pictures of my cute little kids..'', ''I gotta go take care of the baby...*muah*''. And now "she" knows where you live, good luck suckers.

bloodrayne
08-12-2006, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
You fools, don't you see what's going on? The whole 3 years being all nice and stuff...''Here's pictures of my cute little kids..'', ''I gotta go take care of the baby...*muah*''. And now "she" knows where you live, good luck suckers. LOL...Shhhh



*thinks "Now what the hell am I supposed to do with all this anthrax?"...Thanks a lot Austin*


:D

bloodrayne
08-12-2006, 07:33 AM
OH...I just had to add a reminder about how important the cheese is...It really HAS to be CHEDDAR cheese (if you like cheese at all), or it just won't work...I would send you the cheddar cheese, too...But...Uhh...I don't think it would travel very well...lol


And...The cheddar can be mild or medium...But, NOT sharp :)

bloodrayne
08-18-2006, 09:21 AM
Well, we bought all of the chili...Now all we gotta do is box it up and send it out...


I'm bumping this thread one last time to make sure that anyone else who wants to try it has a chance to send me their address...I'll give you a few more days because I wanna send these all out at once

I REALLY want ALL of you to try it if you aren't from this area and have never had it before...I've got 16 addresses so far, and I hope to get some opinions from all of you guys...Even if you hate it, I wanna know :)

Miss Olivia
08-18-2006, 09:30 AM
Woo hoo, free anthr...I mean, chili....
It's just like Christmas:D

The Flayed One
08-18-2006, 09:32 AM
Well, that's it. Bloodrayne just made my Xmas list.;)

The Mothman
08-18-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
Beer = good
Chili = good
Woman = good

beer & woman = good
beer & chili = good

chili & woman = screaming (it burns)
Chili festival=good
ride home=bad

bloodrayne
08-18-2006, 09:39 AM
LOL...You guys keep sending the addresses...I gotta go do laundry and take care of the baby...


Catch ya later :)

ENTITY2000
08-18-2006, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
LOL...Shhhh



*thinks "Now what the hell am I supposed to do with all this anthrax?"...Thanks a lot Austin*


:D

LMAO!!!!!!!!! bring on the anthrax:D

did you get mine?

The Mothman
08-18-2006, 09:45 AM
i have a feeling as soon as everyone one of you guys recieve yor can, you will open it and it will explode in your face:eek:

The Flayed One
08-18-2006, 10:04 AM
.

tarcher80
08-18-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
Okay...Here's the deal...Any of you who do not live in this area have never tried, and will never get the opportunity to try, the Cincinnati-style chili...It's a regional thing...You guys have no idea what I'm talking about when I mention it...Hell, even Dustin had never tried it until he moved here, now he's hooked like the rest of us...


Anyway...The 2 best ways to try it are:

Poured over a mildly flavored cooked hot dog on a bun, put mustard on the hotdog, then pour on the chili, add finely chopped onions and shredded cheddar cheese...It HAS to be CHEDDAR cheese or it won't be the same...(you can leave out the mustard and/or onions if you don't like them)...That's a cheese coney

AND

Pour it over spaghetti with just shredded cheddar cheese on top...That's a 3-Way

Or...Add finely chopped onions to that...That's a 4-way

Or...Add onions AND kidney beans...That's a 5-way

If you add onions and/or beans...Put them on BEFORE the cheese

On all of these...Always PILE on the cheese..and the chili


Check it out here:

http://www.skylinechili.com/skyline_essentials.php

And here:

http://www.goldstarchili.com/


If you're interested...Send me your address in a PM...I will send you some in a can...All you have to do to cook it is stir it till it starts to boil, then turn off the burner

Give me a week or 2 to mail them out...Cuz I got my hands full with the baby and I'll have to do it on a day when Dustin is off work:)

If you're worried about giving me your address, I have sent things to MANY of the members here...And I haven't killed any of them....YET...muahahaha...:D

you're from cinci rayne? i grew up in a little northern ohio town and my roomate during school was from indian hill. small fuckin' world!

yes skyline is classic, great hangover food or late night "after the bars" food. delicious!!!

bloodrayne
08-18-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by The Flayed One
. HaHa...I totally got that :) Originally posted by tarcher80
you're from cinci rayne? i grew up in a little northern ohio town and my roomate during school was from indian hill. small fuckin' world!

yes skyline is classic, great hangover food or late night "after the bars" food. delicious!!! Actually...I'm in Northern Kentucky (10-15 minutes from Cincinnati) We're considered the 'Greater Cincinnati area, the Cincinnati airport is actually in Kentucky, 10 minutes from my house, it causes a lotta confusion, people get off the plane thinking they're in Ohio...We're also 15 minutes from Indiana (That's why it's called the 'Tristate')...Lived here all my life except for a year in Mobile, Alabama when I was 12...

Dustin is from Northern Ohio (5 hours from here, 10 minutes from Michigan, and also 15 minutes from Indiana...A ruler-straight shot north of me)...Alvordton/West Unity

I definitely know where Indian Hill is

If you're missing that Cincinnati chili, I can send YOU some, too :)


Baby fell asleep...But, I still gotta finish the laundry....Wish I could sleep......Maybe someday...

The Flayed One
08-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
HaHa...I totally got that :)

I figured you would.;) I wonder how many people are clueless about it:p

bloodrayne
08-20-2006, 06:26 AM
If anybody else wants to try this, you have to hurry...Because...


I've already boxed a few up, and I'll be sending them out tomorrow...I was too excited...I couldn't wait any longer...I want you guys to get these soon...

All I have to do now is get 9 more priority mail boxes from the post office, come back home, box up the rest, and send them out...I'm pretty sure I can do all of that tomorrow, if not, I'll send the ones I already have finished tomorrow, and the rest on Tuesday :)

So...Get your addresses in so I will know if I need to get more boxes tomorrow

crabapple
08-20-2006, 02:16 PM
Oh you are so cool

I will mail you a special something. Hoo hah

bloodrayne
08-20-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by crabapple
I will mail you a special something. Hoo hah Aww...You don't have to do that...That's very sweet of you:)



I want to add a note to the kids here who still live at home...

Be sure to tell your parents that you are expecting a package this week, so that if it arrives while you're at school, they won't open it and think "What the hell is this, who would send us chili?"...lol

bloodrayne
08-20-2006, 06:19 PM
OH...And thanks for the new addresses...Better late than never...I'll have to get a few more boxes...I can't wait to put all of these together tomorrow :)...You guys will be eating Cincinnati-Style chili before the end of this week:cool:

VampiricClown
08-20-2006, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
Aww...You don't have to do that...That's very sweet of you:)



I want to add a note to the kids here who still live at home...

Be sure to tell your parents that you are expecting a package this week, so that if it arrives while you're at school, they won't open it and think "What the hell is this, who would send us chili?"...lol

This was the reason I didn't send mine. My parents are quite a bit on the overprotective side. They'd think it was anthrax for real. They wouldn't understand. When I get my own place, I may ask and see if I could get some from you, but until then, my parents wouldn't let me eat it. :(

orangestar
08-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by VampiricClown
This was the reason I didn't send mine. My parents are quite a bit on the overprotective side. They'd think it was anthrax for real. They wouldn't understand. When I get my own place, I may ask and see if I could get some from you, but until then, my parents wouldn't let me eat it. :(


ditto. It sounds delicious, but my parents would be like "Who the hell is sending you chili?"

crabapple
08-20-2006, 08:34 PM
Yeah, Bloodrayne. I mean, you KNOW that someone who doesn't "get" what you're doing here, this cultural sharing experiment, they will see the cans of chili that just came in the mail and they won't understand it. It might even frighten them. But I understand. I really love mailing things to people! Especially issues of Famous Monsters Magazine from the 70's...it's fun to get those in the mail, I'm serious. I'll mail you one on my next post office visit thingie.

crabapple
08-20-2006, 08:36 PM
BTW, someone is barbecueing steaks somewhere near my home. I can tell.

bloodrayne
08-21-2006, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by VampiricClown
This was the reason I didn't send mine. My parents are quite a bit on the overprotective side. They'd think it was anthrax for real. They wouldn't understand. When I get my own place, I may ask and see if I could get some from you, but until then, my parents wouldn't let me eat it. :( Originally posted by orangestar
ditto. It sounds delicious, but my parents would be like "Who the hell is sending you chili?"
I'm a parent, so I completely understand.

That's why I'm making sure that the kids who DID give me their addresses, inform their parents :)

Seri gets things from the people on Bleeding Edge all the time, but I'm on the 'net with her, so I know what's going on...Know what I mean?...They've also sent things for Ash
Originally posted by crabapple
Yeah, Bloodrayne. I mean, you KNOW that someone who doesn't "get" what you're doing here, this cultural sharing experiment, they will see the cans of chili that just came in the mail and they won't understand it. It might even frighten them. But I understand. I really love mailing things to people! Especially issues of Famous Monsters Magazine from the 70's...it's fun to get those in the mail, I'm serious. I'll mail you one on my next post office visit thingie. You're just awesome :cool:

VampiricClown
08-21-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
I'm a parent, so I completely understand.

That's why I'm making sure that the kids who DID give me their addresses, inform their parents :)

Seri gets things from the people on Bleeding Edge all the time, but I'm on the 'net with her, so I know what's going on...Know what I mean?...They've also sent things for Ash
You're just awesome :cool:

What's Bleeding Edge?

bloodrayne
08-21-2006, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by VampiricClown
What's Bleeding Edge?

The site:
http://begoths.com/index.php

The forum:
http://begoths.com/forum/


Seri's a moderator there :)

bloodrayne
08-22-2006, 12:11 AM
I managed to get ALL of these packages out yesterday...Everyone is SUPPOSED to get them by Wednesday, of course that depends on the Postal Service...So, hurry up and buy some cheddar cheese, and let me know if/when you get them

I'm pretty excited about it :)


I forgot to add:

When you make the chili spaghetti combinations, garlic bread is REALLY good with this chili...Something else to try

bloodrayne
08-22-2006, 05:59 AM
TOMORROW!!!!


Sorry...I'm just really excited :D

crabapple
08-22-2006, 08:12 AM
Aside from cutie animal related threads, this topic has to be the cutest thing ever on this message board.

And therefore, it must be destroyed.

crabapple
08-22-2006, 10:32 AM
Check this out, folks. This is a magazine I will be sending Bloodrayne fairly soon. It is actually an issue I have had since the 70's, and I have taped it back together in various places because I read it so much that it fell apart.

I collect issues of this magazine, but I don't collect "near mint" issues for the most part. I actually like them used, with some wear and tear, because they have much more character that way (in addition to being cheaper to buy on Ebay).

VampiricClown
08-22-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by crabapple
Check this out, folks. This is a magazine I will be sending Bloodrayne fairly soon. It is actually an issue I have had since the 70's, and I have taped it back together in various places because I read it so much that it fell apart.

I collect issues of this magazine, but I don't collect "near mint" issues for the most part. I actually like them used, with some wear and tear, because they have much more character that way (in addition to being cheaper to buy on Ebay).

That's Awesome!

crabapple
08-22-2006, 10:44 AM
Thank you. That's still the craziest icon! It has a nutty crazy quality about it.

bloodrayne
08-22-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by crabapple
Check this out, folks. This is a magazine I will be sending Bloodrayne fairly soon. It is actually an issue I have had since the 70's, and I have taped it back together in various places because I read it so much that it fell apart.

Oh wow!...I don't even know what to say to that...I'd feel kinda guilty about taking it from you...

Chili isn't worth THAT much :)



Dustin saw it...He said, "So, I get to read it, right?"....I said, "Well...I don't know...You'd have to be REALLY careful with it"...He said, "It's okay, I'll only read it in the bathroom"...I said, "No Way!!!...That is definitely NOT a pooping magazine!":eek:


Thank you so much, Crabapple...I promise I will take EXTREMELY good care of it :)

crabapple
08-22-2006, 12:40 PM
That is right.... It's really old and taped up all oveer the place. But it is not a poo nuts magazine!

bloodrayne
08-22-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by crabapple
That is right.... It's really old and taped up all oveer the place. But it is not a poo nuts magazine! HaHa...The baby loves it when we say "poo nuts"...He laughs every time...And of course, we think of you :)


I can't wait till you get your mail tomorrow...



Tomorrow...Tomorrow...I love ya, tomorrow...

It's only a day away :D

crabapple
08-23-2006, 01:14 PM
Oo! i had to get online and mention that Bloodrayne's care package arrived just now, and there are some things in there that almost defy description! Thanks, so much!! That is so friendly of you................so damn clever to use the flat rate box also..............thanks again! Must see about a couple of things now...cheddar...cheddar...

horrorobsessed
08-23-2006, 01:31 PM
i got home from school and saw the package on the kitchen table. i was just expecting the chili so it took me by surprise, but it's awesome. thanks so much Bloodrayne you're fucking awesome!

bloodrayne
08-23-2006, 02:14 PM
I'm SOOO happy that you guys got your chili :D


Now you gotta try it, and tell me about it



After all of this...You probably won't even like it...lol...I'm sure it's different from what you're used to

hammerfan
08-24-2006, 05:24 AM
Got home from work yesterday and there was the package sitting on the kitchen table. Rayne, you are awesome!!! I was only expecting chili, not all the other things! I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but as soon as I do, I'll report in with my vote.

You rock, girlfriend!! ;)

Miss Olivia
08-24-2006, 09:50 AM
Just wanted to say thanks again, Rayne. I've never enjoyed heartburn so much!!! We made the three way last night, and I'm having some people over tonight, and we're making chili dogs and chili fries....but only if they eat the peanut butter first.
And go home to use the bathroom.:D

Despare
08-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Had spagetti topped with your chilli and shredded cheddar last night, also topped some fries with the cheddar and chilli... mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Great stuff! The "packing material" was great too... hell, I have dinner and movies for weeks! :)

Thanks!

1beastieibe
08-26-2006, 02:31 AM
I missed out on free Chili:confused: Dammit I suck

crabapple
08-26-2006, 03:28 AM
Hey, if you feed some chili to your dog.........does that make it a chili dog ?

I looked up "Cincinnati chili" and found some recipes. Aha! This shed some light on this mysterious mixture of spices that makes this stuff so unusual. Allspice is one of the main spices in there. I coulda sworn it was nutmeg, but it was allspice, and lots of it. And yeah, there's chocolate, cinnamon and other stuff too. It ain't any normal chili like I ever tasted, it's totally different and in fact, if you had given me some and not mentioned the word "chili," the word "chili" might never have entered my mind. Thanks again Rayne!

I may possibly try making some of this stuff myself too......

bloodrayne
08-26-2006, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by hammerfan
I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but as soon as I do, I'll report in with my vote.
I'm glad you got it...I threw a couple of Hammers in there just for you ;)....So...Did you end up liking the chili?..Did you try it with peanut butter? :DOriginally posted by Miss Olivia
Just wanted to say thanks again, Rayne. I've never enjoyed heartburn so much!!! We made the three way last night, and I'm having some people over tonight, and we're making chili dogs and chili fries....but only if they eat the peanut butter first.
And go home to use the bathroom.:D HaHa...I'm really glad you liked it...And that's pretty funny...So, what did they say about the 'peanut butter and chili'? :D Originally posted by Despare
Had spagetti topped with your chilli and shredded cheddar last night, also topped some fries with the cheddar and chilli... mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Great stuff! The "packing material" was great too... hell, I have dinner and movies for weeks! :)

Thanks! Nice, so you liked it, too...That's awesome...

It's a shame you guys can't get this on a regular basis...Of course, you could all just move here :p Originally posted by 1beastieibe
I missed out on free Chili:confused: Dammit I suck Aww...If you send me your address in a PM, I'll send you some chili:) Originally posted by crabapple
I looked up "Cincinnati chili" and found some recipes. Aha! This shed some light on this mysterious mixture of spices that makes this stuff so unusual. Allspice is one of the main spices in there. I coulda sworn it was nutmeg, but it was allspice, and lots of it. And yeah, there's chocolate, cinnamon and other stuff too. It ain't any normal chili like I ever tasted, it's totally different and in fact, if you had given me some and not mentioned the word "chili," the word "chili" might never have entered my mind. I'm really glad that you're having fun with this...And now you know WHY I had to send it out...Because you guys really couldn't possibly know what I was talking about until you tried it yourselves...Especially the peanut butter and chili, the usual response is "Eww...No way"...But, you just never know until you try it :)

Thanks again

Miss Olivia
08-26-2006, 10:22 AM
One of the girls I forced to try the peanut butter chili dip was Rachel, who is eight months pregnant. I think I created a monster. Uh oh.:eek:

crabapple
08-26-2006, 10:47 AM
maybe TWO monsters....the little hootie will want peanut butter dipped in chili also...!

bloodrayne
08-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Miss Olivia
One of the girls I forced to try the peanut butter chili dip was Rachel, who is eight months pregnant. I think I created a monster. Uh oh.:eek: Oh, now you're in trouble...Cuz you'll have to come HERE to get more...muahahaha...Fortunately, it works pretty well with regular chili, too...I think it's something to do with the chili powder...Just make sure it's mild :)


@Crabapple...Guess what I just got in the mail? :D

Thank you SOOOO much......I loved the 'order invoice' too...heh



Dear Sir,

In reference to order item # 2502801poonuts:

Item has been received...Fast shipping...Excellent price and...Is TOTALLY AWESOME!!!

Pleasure doing business with you

*muah*

crabapple
08-26-2006, 07:36 PM
Very happy to return the favor. Back in the mid-70's, Famous Monsters Magazine was my favoritest thing in the world. I love sending issues out to people, it gives me a little thrill, and hopefully you and your family can have a little thrill out of it!

Y'see what I mean about these messed-up kinda battered copies having the extra character? you can kinda feel the history in it?

bloodrayne
08-27-2006, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by crabapple
Very happy to return the favor. Back in the mid-70's, Famous Monsters Magazine was my favoritest thing in the world. I love sending issues out to people, it gives me a little thrill, and hopefully you and your family can have a little thrill out of it!

Y'see what I mean about these messed-up kinda battered copies having the extra character? you can kinda feel the history in it? Trust me...It was definitely 'thrilling'...and it had a whole lotta "I've been loved, and much read" feel to it :)...

It was definitely showing its age...It's kinda like discovering an old abandoned building and exploring (which I LOVE btw)...Something amazingly cool from another era...

Something special and very much appreciated

Thanks again:cool:

bloodrayne
08-27-2006, 05:41 AM
I just thought of something...If you guys don't have this kind of chili...Do you have 'chili parlors'?

Gold Star
Skyline
Dixie Chili
Empress
Camp Washington Chili


Those are our most popular ones...They all serve the Cincinnati-style chili, in all of its various ways...And they don't serve anything else (except for Camp Washington, which also sells deli-style sandwiches...The others don't do that)

crabapple
08-27-2006, 07:07 AM
I don't know of any chili parlors in Los Angeles, at least not this sort of thing. I was reading that Gold Star take-out menu and was thinking that this was a strangely serious kind of fast food...it seems to follow certain rules...pretty damn interesting with all the pumpkin pie spices in that chili, because you'd swear you were eating punkin pie or something. It is wild.

About, oh, 20 years ago there was a chili place here, and it closed down shortly after I heard about it, so I never had a chance to go. But they served something called "Kick-Ass Chili" (really hot) and something called "Swamp Chili" (which featured several kinds of critter, including alligator). It sounded weird enough to be successful, but it was in a terrible location and I think that's why it closed.

horrorobsessed
08-28-2006, 04:39 PM
okay, i ate the chili. i made chili dogs for dinner and i have to say...THAT CHILI IS THE FUCKING BOMB!

i'm tryin to ration it right now. so, where do i get more? i'll go anywhere.

bloodrayne
08-28-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by horrorobsessed
okay, i ate the chili. i made chili dogs for dinner and i have to say...THAT CHILI IS THE FUCKING BOMB!

i'm tryin to ration it right now. so, where do i get more? i'll go anywhere. :)...Well...You can come to my house, or visit the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area...OR...You can order it online here:

http://www.cincinnati-to-you.com/Default.asp?Page=PRD&CatID=0&SelID=2566&ProdID=3076


This one is a little cheaper:

http://www.goldstarchili.com/orderform/

crabapple
08-28-2006, 09:07 PM
Well I'm getting a little depressed here because I'll be running out of the chili before long and I want to share some with friends. The one you sent was the Cincinnati Recipe version. Is the Gold Star one just as good? Because it's cheaper, like you pointed out...but it doesn't say Cincinnati on it anywhere and that worries me. I'm afraid it's some kind of wimp-ass chili.

Don't like all this heavily-spiced uncertainty. Black pit of chili-based confusion and sadness.

crabapple
08-28-2006, 09:11 PM
By the way, one of the first links you will see at Cincinnati-To-You is "CORNHOLE GAMES." This is very disturbing. I thought this was a food site. What is this.

bloodrayne
08-29-2006, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by crabapple
Well I'm getting a little depressed here because I'll be running out of the chili before long and I want to share some with friends. The one you sent was the Cincinnati Recipe version. Is the Gold Star one just as good? Because it's cheaper, like you pointed out...but it doesn't say Cincinnati on it anywhere and that worries me. I'm afraid it's some kind of wimp-ass chili.

Don't like all this heavily-spiced uncertainty. Black pit of chili-based confusion and sadness. Yeah...Gold Star, Skyline, Dixie Chili and Empress Chili are all Cincinnati chilis, too...Just different companies :) Originally posted by crabapple
By the way, one of the first links you will see at Cincinnati-To-You is "CORNHOLE GAMES." This is very disturbing. I thought this was a food site. What is this. LOL...It's not what you think...But, that's pretty funny anyway :D

Disease
08-29-2006, 06:24 AM
whare is this chilli recipe you are talking about? I'm a huge chilli fan, I think mine is supreme, but i'm curious if its so good.

bloodrayne
08-29-2006, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Disease
whare is this chilli recipe you are talking about? I'm a huge chilli fan, I think mine is supreme, but i'm curious if its so good. Oh...Trust me...It's nothing like the chili you're used to...You most likely wouldn't like it (especially if you were expecting it to rival your own homemade chili)...

As Crabapple said, it's not even like what most people from other areas think of as 'chili'...It's more like a meat sauce...I don't really care for it by itself...But, when you pour it over spaghetti and/or hot dogs, and add the cheese and other things, or dip a peanut butter sandwich in it, it's really good

There are recipes online...If you look for 'Cincinnati Chili Recipe'...But, I just don't think it would be quite the same if it were made at home....I'm sure I could figure out how to send some to Australia if you wanna send me your address in a PM...I'm going to be sending more out in about a week or 2

It can also be ordered online through one of the links posted above (somewhere back there)

bloodrayne
08-29-2006, 08:15 AM
Just for you Crabapple :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornhole_(game)

http://www.cincinnatigames.biz/

Here's an excerpt:

Cornhole, or Corn Toss, is a game in which players take turns pitching small bags filled with corn (or beans) at a raised platform with a hole in the far end. A corn bag in the hole scores 3 points, while one on the platform scores 1 point. Play continues until a player reaches the score of 21. The platforms measure 4'x2' and are generally made of wood, although plastic can be a suitable replacement. The bags are generally 6x6", made with duck cloth, and filled with dry feed corn.

The game is said to have originated in the West Side of Cincinnati, Ohio, and remains popular there.

crabapple
08-29-2006, 09:55 AM
I followed one of the other links on that Cornhole page, and was surprised to find such a detailed history of Cornholio...someone really sat down and wrote this! ...............


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornholio

bloodrayne
08-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by crabapple
I followed one of the other links on that Cornhole page, and was surprised to find such a detailed history of Cornholio...someone really sat down and wrote this! ...............


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornholio Wow...That's completely insane....And...Very stupid....Why would someone take the time to do that?...And why/how would it end up on Wikipedia?....Also...They put WAY too much thought into it...Hyperactivity does not equal multiple personalities...And...Are they aware that fictional cartoon characters can't really be 'analyzed' on a psychological level?...Wow...Seriously, just 'wow'