PDA

View Full Version : I Am Legend

Bee-otch
08-08-2006, 11:23 PM
Bee-otch is down.
Down I say... DOWN!

When I learned awhile ago Will Smith was gonna
play the lead role in Matheson's I Am Legend ...
it became a literal HORROR event in my mind.

Please. ;)
I can see now the wise cracking, and a plethora of one-liners
on the horizon.

What a shame that is gonna be to a true HORROR classic.
I truly hope I'm wrong on this.
I really do.

(the horror....)

azathoth777
08-09-2006, 07:59 AM
I Am Legand is one of my favorite stories. It's to bad Smith will ruin it like he ruined I,Robot

evilreign
08-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Actually I can see will smith playing this part, and I can see him playing it well. My favorite movie of all time is the legend of baggar vance, and will smith played in that movie, and he did a wonderful job. I really think that he can do this, just give him a chance, he might suprise you.

evilreign
08-09-2006, 09:49 PM
I am more worried about the director. He has only done one movie and that was constatine, which sucked. If anybody screws the movie up its going to be him.

Nightshade
08-09-2006, 11:43 PM
If intentional humor is added, then the message is lost.
A pity.

urgeok
08-10-2006, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by azathoth777
I Am Legand is one of my favorite stories. It's to bad Smith will ruin it like he ruined I,Robot

will smith doesnt ruin movies - the person who casts him and directs him does.

his likeable 'golly gee' persona works well in some movies - not in others.

this is not the tone you want for I am Legend .. it is supposed to be bleak and dark.

He was also miscast in I Robot.

He was perfect for Independance day though.

as far as what he does .. he does exactly what is expected of him ..

Doc Faustus
08-11-2006, 06:26 PM
Neville's pretty broody for Will Smith. I loved the Omega Man and thought Charlton Heston was great in it, though it was a bit meager as an interpretation. Somebody older and more intense is a must for the part. It's a shame, because I was looking forward to the film. Then again, I usually hate Keanu Reeves and liked his performance in Constantine. Maybe the director could squeeze a decent performance out of him.

azathoth777
08-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Doc Faustus
Then again, I usually hate Keanu Reeves and liked his performance in Constantine. Maybe the director could squeeze a decent performance out of him.

I hate that movie and he was more then half the reason. Keanu is no John Constantine, no matter how good his acting skills(I personaly don't think he has many).

Sick_As_Fuck
08-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Will Smith was perfect for the MIB movies, "Independence Day", and "I, Robot". However, I just can't imagine him in a more serious/dark role as this should be. Hopefully I'm wrong, though.

azathoth777
08-11-2006, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Sick_As_Fuck
Will Smith was perfect for..."I, Robot". However, I just can't imagine him in a more serious/dark role...

But I, Robot should have been a serious/dark role. Asimov's story isn't a comedy...

Sick_As_Fuck
08-11-2006, 09:36 PM
Well I've never read the book personally. Love the movie, though.

Bee-otch
08-12-2006, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by azathoth777
But I, Robot should have been a serious/dark role. Asimov's story isn't a comedy...

Great observation.

Zero
08-12-2006, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by evilreign
My favorite movie of all time is the legend of baggar vance, and will smith played in that movie, and he did a wonderful job.

i am really really really worried about you my man. . . seriously

evilreign
08-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Zero
i am really really really worried about you my man. . . seriously

Okay... what the hell is your favorite movie. Have you even watched it? If not then go out and watch it and dont make assumptions.

Roderick Usher
08-15-2006, 04:36 PM
Steve Niles and Elman Brown made a fantastic graphic novel out of Matheson's material. Highly recommended! I'm sure it's far superior to the film.

Has anyone here watched "The Last Man On Earth" with Vincent Price? It was the first time the material was adapted to the screen. Creepy and cool, but rather slow.

Oh, and evilreign - Bagger Vance was tripe.

Bee-otch
08-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Roderick Usher

Has anyone here watched "The Last Man On Earth" with Vincent Price?

Yea i've seen it.
It's closer to the original Matheson novel...
but not as entertaining as The Omega Man.

krymzynstarr
08-15-2006, 10:05 PM
The Last Man on Earth is pretty decent, although as always, Vincent Price does his well known melodramatic overacting.