PDA

View Full Version : The Wickerman

The Mothman
08-07-2006, 04:19 PM
words cant explain how pissed off I am that there's another remake. with nicholas cage, hes alright though, but wtf. enough already

VampiricClown
08-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Never seen any of them.

Ooky_Kabuki
08-08-2006, 09:24 AM
A remake of The Wickerman? Why do they do this to us?

Vodstok
08-09-2006, 09:59 AM
I wonder if it will be 90 minutes of naked bushy pagan chicks, followed with Nick burning alive while singing hymns.

How do you make a new twist in a remake of a movie that ended with a twist? Some pull it off, but, what twist could this one have?

alkytrio666
08-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
I wonder if it will be 90 minutes of naked bushy pagan chicks, followed with Nick burning alive while singing hymns.

I was wondering the same thing myself. I can't imagine Cage beeing in a movie like this.

I do think the remake looks kinda good, though.

urgeok
08-09-2006, 10:43 AM

How do you make a new twist in a remake of a movie that ended with a twist? Some pull it off, but, what twist could this one have?

better ask this guy :

(Newb will be pissed because he was going to do the same damn thing - i'll bet 10$)

mattc_099
08-09-2006, 11:20 AM
I can't picture this movie having as much of a good twist as the first one did, I'm sure they will water down the plot.

It sucks that this movie is going to get such a wide release when I'm sure the director of the original is going to have to struggle to get his follow up even in limited release.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0323808/

newb
08-09-2006, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by urgeok
better ask this guy :

(Newb will be pissed because he was going to do the same damn thing - i'll bet 10$)

lol

never even crossed my mind.....but I am on vacation...so I have a semi excuse.

novakru
08-09-2006, 09:02 PM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/thewickerman/trailer1/

ViciousT
08-10-2006, 07:08 AM
No-one can remake the wickerman and get it anywhere near the original,too much time has passed since the original and the type of horror that it involves is'nt anywhere near what you get in films these days.They should just leave it alone.It's a classic!!:)

ViciousT
08-10-2006, 07:12 AM
Also hate to point out that in the new version the scottish sounds scarily like american?? LOL:eek:

zwoti
08-10-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by newb
but I am on vacation...so I have a semi

:eek:

Korpse
08-10-2006, 04:51 PM
what twist could this one have?
that really he is a magician and his grand finale is to escape from the burning wicker that surrounds him

*magic style music*

now... ponder the thought... yup, I've cracked it! That's the twist :)

Zero
08-10-2006, 04:55 PM
that the wickerman is really an angry and cheaply painted chair left out in the rain after a garage sale in which no one wanted to purchase it. . . now this discarded and ragged furniture wants REVENGE!

Despare
08-10-2006, 05:53 PM
what twist could this one have?

The songs that the people of the village broke out in weren't just bad music and the naked dancing wasn't just for fun... it was all masterful work by a town full of hypnotists. Our protagonist isn't burning alive, he's asleep in a bed being tortured until the end of his days in the very depths of his subconscience.

The_Return
08-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Well Ive never seen the original (though it seems Im the only one judging by the mass of spoilers being thrown around without warning:(), but the trailers for the remake look like shit.

BH14
08-11-2006, 02:52 PM
It's definitely won't be as good as the original to all the people who saw it because we already know what is going to happen. It's tough to build suspense when we all already seen the original unless they change the plot somewhat. I can't bash Nicholas Cage because I think he is a pretty good actor.

I'll wait for the DVD. I'm so tired of all the remakes of like every movie. Sheesh!! But I did enjoy "The Hills have eyes".

crazy raplh
08-13-2006, 09:39 AM
yea though the poster looks pretty cool.

alkytrio666
08-13-2006, 09:56 AM
I just saw the trailer. It's rated PG-13.

Fuck this. What a fucking letdown.

The STE
08-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Matthew Fox should've played the main character, so the trend of all the recent horror remakes starring people from Lost could continue

crazy raplh
09-20-2006, 07:12 AM
I saw it, it was ok not sure if it is better then the original but it was ok.

the_real_linda
09-20-2006, 08:57 AM
i aint seen it and wont.....i almost cried when i saw the poster for it on the way to work ages ago.....but dianne delano is in it....she was awsome in popular and one episode of monk as a truck driver but couldnt save jeepers creepers 2 so doubt she could save this

psycho_butthead
09-20-2006, 05:24 PM
I don't think Nick will be any good in a horror flick. Hes an okay actor but not for the horror genre. I think I will pass on the remake until it eventually hits Wal*Mart 5.50 bins.

The_Return
09-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by psycho_butthead
I don't think Nick will be any good in a horror flick. Hes an okay actor but not for the horror genre. I think I will pass on the remake until it eventually hits Wal*Mart 5.50 bins.

Dont even waste that much money dude...download it if you really need to watch it.

Falls into the category of "It's-so-inept-and-poorly-made-it's-fucking-hillarious". As horrible as it was, how could anyone not laugh at Nick Cage, in a giant bear costume, going completly apeshit on a mob of girls?

psycho_butthead
09-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by The_Return
Dont even waste that much money dude...download it if you really need to watch it.

Falls into the category of "It's-so-inept-and-poorly-made-it's-fucking-hillarious". As horrible as it was, how could anyone not laugh at Nick Cage, in a giant bear costume, going completly apeshit on a mob of girls?

Make that dudet. I'm a chick.

The Flayed One
09-21-2006, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by psycho_butthead
Make that dudet. I'm a chick.

Pshaw! There are no females in West Virginia:D

the_real_linda
09-21-2006, 08:05 AM
yay someone esle who uses the term dudette! awsome!....unlike that crappy remake

psycho_butthead
09-24-2006, 02:58 PM
I'm special. I'm the only female in WV. LOL I'm worshipped:rolleyes: I wish.

I use dudette alot. lol