PDA

View Full Version : Woman that ordered pizza found driver dead

monalisa
08-07-2006, 11:14 AM
A pizza delivery driver was shot and killed in the middle of a Minneapolis street late Sunday night. The woman that ordered the pizza told 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS that her order was only for $45.

Minneapolis police say it happened around 10 p.m. on the 2900 block of Colfax Ave N. The victim had just dropped off an order when he was confronted on the street by a group of men and robbed, according to police. It all happened just moments after he delivered a pizza.

"All I heard was one gunshot and I ran downstairs," said Quinsha Bishop, who made the order. "I was on the porch callin' the police and I heard him calling out, but I couldn't hear what he was saying. I came out to see if he was still breathing and he was gone."

"This is probably one of the worst killings in Minneapolis right now," Bishop said. "'Cause he was innocent, he didn't have anything to do with anything."

Bishop was the last person to see that 20-year-old Pizza Hut worker alive, but she did not see the suspects.

Police are still looking for leads and trying to figure out a motive for this brazen crime. In fact, Lt. Greg Reinhardt said it's not even clear at this point whether any money was taken.

Investigators say they are treating the case as a robbery of a business. Police encourage anyone with information to call police at 612-692-TIPS.

The Pizza Hut on W. Broadway will not open for business today, and employees say everyone that works there is shaken up.

This is the city's 40th homicide of the year.

Vodstok
08-07-2006, 12:13 PM
God, and i thought being a pizza guy sucked before....

azathoth777
08-07-2006, 08:17 PM
So....do I give the pizza guy a bigger or smaller tip from now on?