PDA

View Full Version : Snake Plissken Returns?

phantomstranger
08-05-2006, 11:21 PM
This is more then likely bullshit, but I kind of hope it's true:

From Bloody-Disgusting:

"A major meeting was held at Paramount last week with both John Carpenter and Kurt Russell in attendance. The topic -- preparing for a third entry in the Snake Plissken chronicles entitled Escape From Earth.

Apparently, Carpenter completed a script for the project eight years ago but the studio has now taken an interest in it after Russell demanded doing it before signing on with the studio for a three picture deal.

Although the screenplay is being kept under tight wraps, I'm told (by another anonymous) who was lucky enough to take a peek at the first thirteen pages that the script takes off immediately where the previous left off and features our planet en-route to Armageddon.

It looks as though Carpenter will push-off the production of Psychopath with Titan Productions and collaborator Todd Farmer in order to ready this entry for a 2008 release.In the first film, which takes place in 1998, the US President crashes into Manhattan, which is now a giant max. security prison, a convicted bank robber is sent in for a rescue.

urgeok
08-06-2006, 05:35 AM
kurt russell is still an amazing actor ..

but he's going to look weird in long hair at his age ..

VampiricClown
08-06-2006, 06:59 AM
His name made an appearance in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty...:D

azathoth777
08-06-2006, 10:30 AM
Another Escape...movie. Could be cool, but Kurt Russell is getting up there in age. Still a good actor, but as action hero Snake...55 yrs old may be pushing it...
But without Russell as Snake, I don't think it would be as good. Such a dilemma...

The_Return
08-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by azathoth777

But without Russell as Snake, I don't think it would be as good. Such a dilemma...

Too old or not, if Kurt Russell isnt in it, it shouldnt be made. End of story.

Besides, Stallone, Willis and Ford are all reprising their classic action heroes, why not Russell? He's a better actor than all of 'em (except maybe Harrison Ford).

azathoth777
08-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by The_Return

Besides, Stallone, Willis and Ford are all reprising their classic action heroes, why not Russell? He's a better actor than all of 'em (except maybe Harrison Ford).

Didn't your mother ever teach you that you don't need to do something just because everyone else is?
I agree he's a better actor(Ford tied), and anyone else as Snake would not be right. I just question how well and realistic(as these things get, that is) the action will be. Somethings are better only done when you're younger.

newb
08-06-2006, 09:37 PM
I think Kurt could pull it off......but its gotta be soon.......like tomorrow.

slasherman
08-06-2006, 11:07 PM
..didnt that second movie suck..?

phantomstranger
08-07-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by slasherman
..didnt that second movie suck..?

I didn't think it sucked , it was more of a dissappointment. After waiting 15 years for a sequel all we got was a warmed over remake of the original, still it was cool to see "Snake" in action again and I think Russell can still play it well ,if they do make the third one.

azathoth777
08-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by phantomstranger
I didn't think it sucked , it was more of a dissappointment. After waiting 15 years for a sequel all we got was a warmed over remake of the original, still it was cool to see "Snake" in action again and I think Russell can still play it well ,if they do make the third one.

The second was disappointing. If they do make this third, lets hope this isn't worse then two.

urgeok
08-08-2006, 07:44 AM
i agree .. #2 was a very tired movie.
one of the signs that Carpenter has run out of steam - even russell couldnt save it.

Ooky_Kabuki
08-08-2006, 09:30 AM
I think it's strange that all these sequels are being made YEARS later.....(for instance, Die Hard 4). I mean yeah, if they were going to be made they should have been made at least in the first 5 years after the other movies were made. That may be pushing it too.

mattc_099
08-09-2006, 06:04 AM
Oh my god, if this project ever actually happened (with Kurt Russell of course), I would be an extremely happy man.

I don't know why so many people think the second one was a disappointment, it was fun as hell and just as good as the first one.

urgeok
08-09-2006, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by mattc_099
I don't know why so many people think the second one was a disappointment, it was fun as hell and just as good as the first one.

well, its good that you could enjoy it ..

i didnt like it because for me - i thought it was tired, uneven, lacking direction ... The LA cliches weren't very clever or funny (plastic surgery/basketball) and seemed hopelessly out of place.
The similar things were pulled off in New York extremely well because they were more subtle - without the air of 'isnt this clever'

Also the only dvd carpenter and russell didnt do a commentary for ... probably nothing good to say ..

Burning in Hell
08-24-2006, 11:54 AM
Well, I was also letdown by Escape from LA. I really miss the old Carpenter movies. His first ones are all among my favorites, but to me, he just seems to have lost it since In the Mouth of Madness sadly...

Roderick Usher
08-25-2006, 10:32 PM
this is a case of mistaken identity spun through the internet rumor mill.

the project is called ESCAPE FROM PLANET EARTH but it is an animated feature from the creators of HOODWINKED. It's about a group of aliens being held captive in Area 51 who plan a prison break from thier human captors.

sounds like fun, but not as much fun as Snake-fucking-Plissken

Zero
08-28-2006, 11:36 AM
forgive me for not digging up the link but AintitCool.com looked into this rumor and got it straight from Carpenter's agent that this was not true - it was an idea that was kicked around a bit before Debra Hill died, but that there was no real interest. So, this is NOT happening.