PDA

View Full Version : More on Nightmare

Leslie Daher
12-18-2003, 04:19 AM
five~ was LAME! bad writing and really it was just a mess! trying to incorporate all that we know from previous films into this one to try to sustain but they fail HORRIBLY! PLUS, freddy launches his world tour as a stand up comedian. when you're a mad man the occassional quip is okay but it's what's important are the kills. freddy lost his edge, so to speak.

6~awful. bad. horrible. by the end of this film i was wishing freddy was dead. i do not want the psychological inner workings of freddy krueger! sometimes it's what we don't know that males something scary. this movie was a case of it taking itself, it's own hype waaaay too seriously. i do not need to know the making of the man that is the monster freddy krueger. bad bad bad movie!

new nightmare was a way for wes craven to bank on old material since he's become idea bankrupt!! he's been cashing in on that idea over and over and over and over again!! and we all know how i feel about VS movies.

avenger00soul
12-18-2003, 07:30 AM
Purely my opinion, but Wes Craven's New Nightmare was a stroke of damn genius.

mudsliptones
12-18-2003, 07:33 AM
when I first saw new nightmare I was to young, didn't really know to much about the series, but I saw it again a while ago (when I bought the series on dvd) and I was amazed
fred looks different simply because it isn't fred!!
indeed, genius

Leslie Daher
12-18-2003, 08:39 AM
*YAWN* BLAH!

avenger00soul
12-18-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Leslie Daher
*YAWN* BLAH!

So, our opinions bore you?

crazy clown
12-18-2003, 03:50 PM
i kinda like 5 and even tho freddy's sead was more or less a comedy it had some good one liners. and new nightmare (while a little slow too start off) was good, just check the avatar.

nice hearin from you, carlos.

ds_spoon
12-18-2003, 04:01 PM
i just didnt like 2 at all really

Digital Murders
12-18-2003, 04:06 PM
Instead of posting a whole other topic, why didn't you just add this to your already existing topic, which is right below this?!

You fuckin dolt.

ds_spoon
12-18-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Digital Murders
Instead of posting a whole other topic, why didn't you just add this to your already existing topic, which is right below this?!

You fuckin dolt.

why even bring that sort of attitude into ere ???

Digital Murders
12-18-2003, 04:12 PM
It's a total waste of space, the more space used, the more money the person who runs the forum has to pay.

Even though I don't own or run the forum, its a pet peeve of mine. Seriously, why make another topic just to add 3 more things.

She could've either edited her first post in the other topic to add those, or just post another reply.

Leslie Daher
12-19-2003, 04:10 AM
wow! you're really intelligent! let's name call..wooohooo! if you don't like it, don't look at it...IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE! talking about wasting money...that really is lame...unless you're an owner of the site why are you so concerned? and this is a FREE COUNTRY and all...if you don't like they freedoms our troops have fought so hard for then please don't bother replying anymore...YOU'RE JUST WASTING MONEY!!!!!!! BUH-BYE!

AUSTIN316426808
12-19-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Digital Murders
It's a total waste of space, the more space used, the more money the person who runs the forum has to pay.

Even though I don't own or run the forum, its a pet peeve of mine. Seriously, why make another topic just to add 3 more things.

She could've either edited her first post in the other topic to add those, or just post another reply.

dude who the hell cares is it really hurting you that much that she made another thread.

Freddy#1Slasher
12-19-2003, 06:26 PM
Agreed with the second poster on this thread.

New Nightmare was complete genius. Well thought-out, a great follow-up for another Freddy movie, and Freddy was pretty damn cool in it.

The problems in the movie are, The kills are weak and the movie is a little slow.

ANOES 5 was good. Freddy played alot of tricks in Part 5 and sort of played the comedy role, but it was still a good movie if you understood and followed it.

I agree with Freddy's Dead though. That movie sucked.

Leslie Daher
12-22-2003, 03:43 AM
2 is under rated...and i'm glad i found another fan of it. it was just a little different from the others but that's what made it good IMO. the pool scene he was just scary and almost god like..there was no escaping him! i loved poor grady (tear) it was sad to see him go....but what a cool effect ;)

avenger00soul
12-22-2003, 06:54 AM
Just realized another reason why 2 sucked. It's the only film not to have used the Nightmare score.

AUSTIN316426808
12-30-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by avenger00soul
Just realized another reason why 2 sucked. It's the only film not to have used the Nightmare score.

nice quote

MichaelMyers
12-31-2003, 07:42 AM
I thought part 2 kind of messed up the continuity. I liked all of them though.

AUSTIN316426808
12-31-2003, 12:25 PM
me myself personally (don't you fucking hate when people say that) i think nightmare on elm street is a good series overall but only good the first was great all the others like every other slasher series were subpar and did'nt do the original justice and like all the other slasher series right around five they just got stupid but also like every other slasher series they're going to keep making them until the money stops rolling in so they'll just get worse and worse until not just us but the general population thinks they're stupid then they'll be put to rest and out of our misery.

orangestar
01-01-2004, 10:16 AM
I loved NOES 2, its my second favorite in the series (second to ANOES of course) But Avenger is right, the score sucked.

Magneto
01-02-2004, 09:04 AM
Hello All.... NMOES 2 I felt was pretty bad and I felt the score was horrible.... I really liked NMOES 3 Dream Warriors.... I like thew flow of the movie... I also likes The New Nightmare... I thought it was slow in the begining but I loved that they gave Fressy a new look and if you saw the end credits, it said Freddy Kruger as himself.... I felt that was excellent....

Sent
01-04-2004, 04:50 AM
Personally, it's not really NMOES that I like, I just like freddy as a character, he kicks total arse.. But other then that, the first was the best and I didn't really like 2 when I first saw it, but it had some decent idea's

Ritualistic
01-04-2004, 11:43 AM
I love the whole damn series!!

Aasiyan
01-04-2004, 02:45 PM
Most scary movies have some good stuff in them, even when they suck. The idea can be good.