PDA

View Full Version : not really horror but....

mudsliptones
12-18-2003, 02:17 AM
did anyone ever seen "experiment"?
it's a german movie, I just bought it on DVD
damn, it rules
this is the plot:

some scientist wanna do an experiemtn on himan behaviour in a role playing situation, they send out an add for 20 people
so the people apply, do tests, then get divided into 2 groups
12 prisonners and 8 guards
they have builded a reall prison inside a facility, and the thing is, the guards have to maintain order but cannot use violence, in the beginning this works, but as the movie proceeds they start tripping 1 by 1 over the power they get. something happens so the scinetist cannot do anything (I thought this was lame at first when I read thz backcover, but if you see the movie it's pretty okay)
the guards start of really friendly, laughing, haha cool costume blabla, then they start hulmiliating the prisonners and then, well just see for yourself
it's in german, but im sure they have it with subs

avenger00soul
12-18-2003, 08:22 AM
Aaah, Das Experiment. Fucking instant classic. Did you know that the story has some truth to it? Crazy shit, and a DAMN great movie.

Oh, BTW, I would consider it a horror film, albeit a psychological one.

mudsliptones
12-18-2003, 08:35 AM
I didn't know dude, tell me more about the true stuff if you have some info on it

avenger00soul
12-18-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by mudsliptones
I didn't know dude, tell me more about the true stuff if you have some info on it

Go to a search engine and type in "Stanford Prison Experiment."

You can start here: http://www.prisonexp.org/

I think there may have been other documented studies too but this one is the most famous.