PDA

View Full Version : Sister dies lighting candles at shrine

azathoth777
07-25-2006, 06:40 AM
Sister dies lighting candles at shrine
Shootings came four years apart at same time, place

BOSTON, Massachusetts-- On the fourth anniversary of her brother's slaying, a woman lighting candles at a makeshift shrine to him was gunned down, killed at about the same spot, on the same day and at nearly the same hour as her older sibling.

Police said they don't know who shot her or why.

The woman was killed Saturday at about 11:30 p.m. in the city's Roxbury neighborhood on a one-way street close to a mass transit station and within view of Boston police headquarters.

Police declined to give her identity, but friends and a relative identified her as Analicia Perry, 20, of the South End neighborhood. She had a 4-year-old daughter and had lived with her mother and sister about a mile from where the shootings took place.

Perry's brother, Robert Perry, was 26 when he was shot several times on July 22, 2002, on the sidewalk next to his apartment complex. Police identified a man they said was the shooter, but he was not arrested and later was himself found shot to death.

"It's crazy," their sister, Chyneatha Perry, told the Boston Herald for Monday's editions. "Everyone thinks it's a dream that we're going to wake up from. How does this happen? The same day. The same place. Four years ago."

On Saturday night, Chyneatha Perry said, the sisters marked the anniversary of their brother's death as they have each year, leaving pictures of him at the scene and lighting candles.

"It was a windy day and she'd driven by there and seen the candles had gone out," said Chyneatha Perry. "She went to my sister's house and dropped off her daughter, then went down there. ... She was kneeling and lighting a candle when it happened."

On Sunday, dozens of people visited the shooting scene, where a cardboard sign with the words "Rest in Peace" lay against a fence. Friends recalled Analicia Perry as a good friend.

"She was always there for advice," said Chrissy Williams. "She was the first one of all of us to have a baby, so I always called her."

Friends said she was a talented hair stylist who had hoped to go to Quincy College in the fall to study nursing.

Vodstok
07-25-2006, 06:51 AM
I heard about this on the news yesterday on the way to work. Very creepy. if i was the last sistyer, i would stay the hell away from that place.

Of course, i wouldnt live in Boston in the first place.

azathoth777
07-25-2006, 07:11 AM
Yeah, it's something that if I saw it in a movie I'd think "Oh, come on, that's too much. So unrealistic."

Miss Olivia
07-25-2006, 12:02 PM
I think with all the media nowadays, we sometimes lose sight of the mystery of life.
Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes.