PDA

View Full Version : Tmnt

Prelude95Si
07-22-2006, 11:12 PM
From what I hear about this movie is that it will take place after #2 and it will pretend that #3 never happened. But I don't understand why they are doing that b/c this movie is 100% CGI.

http://tmnt.warnerbros.com/

mothermold
07-23-2006, 12:34 AM
Is there a cartoon tie-in or a current show on?I really was'nt aware TMNT was a hot commodity right now.

The teaser looks pretty good.

Prelude95Si
07-23-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by mothermold
Is there a cartoon tie-in or a current show on?I really was'nt aware TMNT was a hot commodity right now.

The teaser looks pretty good.

From what I understand this is part 3 from the live action movies of the 80's and early 90's. The original #3 is being dropped kinda like Superman Returns.

Vodstok
07-24-2006, 06:29 AM
Ohg lord. if they are going to do a TMNT movie, they should screw the kiddie stuff, base it on the original comics and make it a Rated R movie.

Prelude95Si
07-24-2006, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
Ohg lord. if they are going to do a TMNT movie, they should screw the kiddie stuff, base it on the original comics and make it a Rated R movie.

It probably won't be R but it will follow the comic more closely than past projects.

slasherman
07-24-2006, 07:45 AM
..think pure animation fits this serie better...was'nt those old movies with real people in green turtle suits ?

Vodstok
07-24-2006, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by slasherman
..think pure animation fits this serie better...was'nt those old movies with real people in green turtle suits ?

Yeah, acrobats in suits with dorks like Corey Feldman doing the voices...

Originally posted by Prelude95Si
It probably won't be R but it will follow the comic more closely than past projects.

That would be nice. i understand making it pg-13 for mass appeal (Lord of the rings proved that pg-13 could still be incredibly violent :D), but i hop ethey lose that whole "Pizza rules, DUUUDE!" cowabunga bullshit. and keep their bandanas one color, okay?

Those movies were the kind of thintg i thought were cool when i was 15 and was afraid to talk to girls.

Angra
07-24-2006, 09:18 AM
I still have a feeling itīs gonna be painfully embarrasing to watch.

Vodstok
07-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Could not possibly be worse than "Go Ninja! Go Ninja! GO!"

After the second TMNT movie, i began to cringe whenever i saw that David Warner was in a movie. it's always a pretty bad sign when you cant sign practically anyone from the first movie in the second. They got a woman for april that didnt look like she would have lived in the same state as the original, let alone looked like her at all.

Angra
07-24-2006, 09:49 AM
Could not possibly be worse than "Go Ninja! Go Ninja! GO!"

After the second TMNT movie, i began to cringe whenever i saw that David Warner was in a movie. it's always a pretty bad sign when you cant sign practically anyone from the first movie in the second. They got a woman for april that didnt look like she would have lived in the same state as the original, let alone looked like her at all.

The only good thing about TMNT2 was Ernie Reyes Jr (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0721205/). Heīs a great martial artist.

Except for that I hated all TMNTs... The smart ass turtle humor still makes me cringe..

Vodstok
07-24-2006, 09:56 AM
Childish, smart ass turtle humor....

The original comics were great. A lot of fantasy, but tons of killing. Tons of it.

An cut eanecdote. i had a girlfriend in high school who's mother was a real-estate agent. she sold the house that Eastmen and Laird were renting when they first made up the comic. Apprently, they had drawn cartoons aon a bunch of the walls.

The new owners painted over them. Jerks.

Angra
07-24-2006, 09:58 AM

The new owners painted over them. Jerks.

Yeah, they couldīve sold the walls. :p

Vodstok
07-24-2006, 10:10 AM
Hey, ebay. it's not that hard to cut out a section of drywall.

granted, this was 12 years ago, but hey...

The_Return
07-24-2006, 11:17 AM
I LOVED the cartoon when I was a kid, but Ive never seen any of the movies. The trailer for this looks halfway decent though, I might rent it once its on DVD.

CHRIS24
07-24-2006, 12:11 PM
I hope master splinter catches on fire and burns to the ground I would watch that and laugh my ass off.

Angra
07-25-2006, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by The_Return
I LOVED the cartoon when I was a kid, but Ive never seen any of the movies. The trailer for this looks halfway decent though, I might rent it once its on DVD.

I think iīm gonna end up downloading it...

slasherman
07-25-2006, 03:14 AM
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/slasherman1971/tmnt.jpg

CHRIS24
07-25-2006, 02:15 PM
they still look retarded damn they need to change the costumes up

Prelude95Si
07-25-2006, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by CHRIS24
they still look retarded damn they need to change the costumes up

Well that picture is from #3 and if you watch the teaser they look more like they do in the comic book.

Prelude95Si
12-11-2006, 08:37 AM
The New TMNT Trailer Hits!
Source: Warner Bros. Pictures December 8, 2006

Warner Bros. Pictures has released the new trailer for TMNT at MTV. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle film is the first all CG animated movie in the history of the franchise.

Written and directed by Kevin Munroe, TMNT hits theaters on March 23