PDA

View Full Version : New "Zombie" film

DeadMoon
07-20-2006, 09:52 PM
That's right, a new zombie film is near 90% complete and looking for some fans!

Our film is called "Dead Moon Rising" it's a Horror/Comedy mix of Shaun of The Day meets 28 Days Later meets High Fidelity.

We are filming in Louisville, Kentucky and if you recall that's where "Return of The Living Dead" was filmed.

We recently had an article posted about our film on Fangoria.com (http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=2338) check it out. We will also be entering the Eerie Horror Film Festival among others.

We are looking for any and all feed back. We are trying to capitalize on the huge buzz our film is already generating. If you're a fan of indie horror films please visit our website at www.deadmoonrisingmovie.com View some raw video footage in the production area and give us some feed back. We would appreciate any help we can get. We are also looking for distribution help and more possible interviews. Thanks for your time!

Jason

You can find me on myspace at www.myspace.com/crowemozone I would be happy to answer any and all questions.

DeadMoon
07-23-2006, 08:30 PM
Damn and here I was hoping for some replies...

The Mothman
07-23-2006, 08:46 PM
poeple dont respond well to spam here.

slasherman
07-23-2006, 10:52 PM
MisterSadistro's sweetheart (http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11459&perpage=30&pagenumber=3)

CHRIS24
07-24-2006, 12:36 PM
doesnt look like anything exciting

DeadMoon
07-24-2006, 12:58 PM
A response is a response. this wasn't so much spam considering I put it in upcoming horror movies alone in its own thread and not within someone elses. Consider that what it is a new horror-comedy. Just looking to get the word out. Thought some people here might enjoy it. To each their own.

Vodstok
07-24-2006, 01:04 PM
Dont take it personally. People here are often dicks to new meat anyway, and if they think new meat is here to pimp their own stuff and then leave, never to return, they are doubly vicious.

Dont worry, if you hang around for a while, people will start to listen. However, if you did just come to advertise, it will probably fall on deaf ears.

i originally came here to advertise my site, but i made sure i at least got to know these people before i started up with that. Now i can pimp with impunity. I actually get complimented for it :D

newb
07-24-2006, 01:20 PM
Yes...Vod is correct...make 7000 post and then pimp your stuff.

well.....what are you waiting for...get cracking.

DeadMoon
07-24-2006, 02:40 PM
I've already posted in several places on here. Don't worry I don't take much personal. I'll be around from time to time. I'm fairly busy. Doing other film things besides Dead Moon Rising of which got a write up in our local paper today... Which btw you can view at http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060724/SCENE03/607240306

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA! (<evil laugh... needs work.)

Jason
www.deadmoonrisingmovie.com
www.intothewoodsthemovie.com

Vodstok
07-25-2006, 06:42 AM
Its looks like we may have a VodPimp in training. i think i like him :)

slasherman
07-25-2006, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
i think i like him :)
..I never click on links from newbies...but this guy sure like links very much...

Vodstok
07-25-2006, 07:47 AM
I like his persistance without getting bent out of shape or typing "Just click the godamn links!"

I still havent looked at any of his stuff, but i still get a kick out of him.

knife_fight
07-25-2006, 08:22 AM
I wish this was a movie about Dead Moon

Vodstok
07-25-2006, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by knife_fight
I wish this was a movie about Dead Moon That was a lot funnier than it should have been :)

Vodstok
07-25-2006, 08:31 AM
Okay I finally checked out the website.......

Does the world really need another straight to video movie? I hope the tail on the poster shows the goods.... God it looks cheesy. Sorry, man, but it does.

http://www.anubisdigital.com/images/cast.jpg

Miss Olivia
07-25-2006, 11:47 AM
There isn't one attractive person in the whole bunch.
I might watch it just for the novelty.
The blonde's Pamela Anderson wannabe outfit is hilarious.
And what the hell happened to that other girls face?
Genetics? Or an accident?

DeadMoon
07-25-2006, 12:11 PM
Well thanks for the kind words... i think. Of course the movie looks cheesy it's a local indie film made in Louisville, KY. With no budget and I do mean NO budget. But aren't the cheesy ones always fun? trust me, being a fan of these types of movies I know what your thinking and truth is you're pretty much right. But you cant blame a guy for doing what he loves and trying to show it off to people...

Anywho I'll be back. Later!

Miss Olivia
07-25-2006, 12:44 PM
After that response, I'll watch your movie.:)

DeadMoon
07-25-2006, 02:43 PM
Thank you. I appreciate it. Just want everyone to know Im a fan of these things, Im not just an actor who's trying to force this down anyones throat. Tis why I posted it seperate from any other post. It's here if you want to see it but it's not like you have too...

BTW Miss Olivia... as for there not being one attractive person in the poster... Umm I'm the one with the huge gun in my hand... No no, Im not bitter... much ;p However all of this does lead me to say one thing...

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

and now my life is complete...

Miss Olivia
07-25-2006, 04:12 PM
I was mostly talking about the girls.
You're kind of cute in a serial killer sort of way:p

DeadMoon
07-25-2006, 08:45 PM
Aww, that's sweet in a "I'm gonna kill you in your sleep" kinda way :D

I like the other poster better with the other girl in front. Everyone has different taste. I don't base much on looks myself. They are cool people though if that helps. We are a real laid back group of people. Mostly just doing what it is we love to do. Make movies. It's been fun.

BTW here is a link (only if you're interested! GEEZ!) to the trailer of the film. he didn't do a bad job, save a few things. http://youtube.com/watch?v=GuyAkaCCUcw

So while im here. Does anyone have a fave zombie film? I've always been a fan of Day of The Dead... Not sure why. All the different characters. The blue collar people, the crazed Doctor, The over bearing military and of course Bub and zombie trying to retain whats left of his humanity... That's just me. What about you?

Miss Olivia
07-25-2006, 08:55 PM
I think the original Dawn of the Dead is my favorite. That Seventies Guy getting the top of his melon sliced off is awesome.

wu ghung
07-26-2006, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by DeadMoon
Damn and here I was hoping for some replies...
Because your movie sounds like a cheap piece of shit..Your ideas are old and stale man.

slasherman
07-26-2006, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by wu ghung
Because your movie sounds like a cheap piece of shit..Your ideas are old and stale man.
..new spamhater ? ..hi nice to meet you...

DeadMoon
07-26-2006, 12:22 PM
Cheap? Yes. Piece of shit? Subjective. My ideas? Im the actor not the writer.

What's funny to me is I just come here to share a HORROR movie on HORROR.com with people who may enjoy this type of thing. yet all you can do is whine and bitch because I posted a damn link to a HORROR movie.

Plan and simple, you don't like it don't watch it. If you dont like spam don't click on the link. Either way I could give a rat's ass. Just thought people from HORROR.com would enjoy something about a HORROR movie. What are the odds of that?

hammerfan
07-26-2006, 12:29 PM
One thing you need to learn about this site is: You can't be sensitive at all!!! Take everything said with a grain of salt.

Miss Olivia
07-26-2006, 12:33 PM
It's because you got an account here specifically to pimp your movie, and that's called spamming. You seem like a nice spammer though, most of them don't really even try to communicate normally. If you actually care about horror movies and talking about them, then stick around. Otherwise, you're just doing what tons of other people do, join, pimp and leave.
It happens a lot.

Vodstok
07-26-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by DeadMoon
Cheap? Yes. Piece of shit? Subjective. My ideas? Im the actor not the writer.

What's funny to me is I just come here to share a HORROR movie on HORROR.com with people who may enjoy this type of thing. yet all you can do is whine and bitch because I posted a damn link to a HORROR movie.

Plan and simple, you don't like it don't watch it. If you dont like spam don't click on the link. Either way I could give a rat's ass. Just thought people from HORROR.com would enjoy something about a HORROR movie. What are the odds of that? See? I said i liked him.

If wu whatever is who i think he is, disregard anything he may have to say. think "Tits on a boar."

DeadMoon
07-26-2006, 01:51 PM
"Tits on a boar." Nice...

I'm not sensitive at all. Nor was I mad about anything posted. I just thought I would make a point. Which is rare for me. I just call it as I see it.

Actually if I had known about this site before my movie I would have been here already. It just so happens I didn't find out until my movie. a horror fan friend of mine told me about it. So here I am... Rock you like a hurricane.

What?

CHRIS24
07-26-2006, 06:21 PM
well I will give ya an A for the effort but whoever wrote the story is a moron It looks like shark kid meets freaking my little zombie you should have tried to get antonio banderas for a part. I know this is none of my business but how much are ya getting paid to be apart of this wonderful story .The reason why everybody doesnt seem to keen on liking it is because it looks like an episode of All that from nickolodean.If ya want some attention get some real gory ass shit and you can tell the director and the writer to maybe change the whole story or convince him to get a bigger loan cause by the looks of it, it looks like he didnt borrow enough.

PR3SSUR3
07-26-2006, 07:05 PM
What's funny to me is I just come here to share a HORROR movie on HORROR.com with people who may enjoy this type of thing. yet all you can do is whine and bitch because I posted a damn link to a HORROR movie

As a tip, you appear to have been quite well received in this thread - don't let those 'piece of shit' comments from a resident degenerate put you off.

Carry on!

:D

CHRIS24
07-26-2006, 07:44 PM
For our entertainment

DeadMoon
07-26-2006, 07:48 PM
Don't worry the "piece of shit" comments are fine with me. Like any art it's all subjective.

as for the moron and bad genetic type comments, seems a bit childish. if you don't like it that's fine, but is it necessary to be-little someone? Keep in mind these people have become my friends over these past few months.

About the gory idea and bigger loan... If it were only so easy. Thing is making a movie is a fairly pain staking ordeal. Especially indie films. Fact is there is a good chance of us not making ANY money on this film. us indie guys do this because we have a passion for it. It's not about being paid. i would think with some of you being fans of indie horror films you would understand and respect that. If you think it's an easy thing to do, to get loans and outstanding special effects please by all means, let us know.

One more thing I would like to point out... All that wasn't too bad. Was it? I was more a "Salute Your Shorts" kinda guy.

Miss Olivia
07-26-2006, 10:29 PM
Of course it's childish.
Of course it's necessary.
That's the whole point.
Oh yeah.

DeadMoon
08-01-2006, 08:26 AM
Well we may have all of the above now. I just talked our director into a scene that will involve nudity as well as paying homage to "Return Of The Living Dead" our Louisville predecessors. So we shall see...

A movie made by online fans. That could be interesting. Atleast in the writing area but how would you film it? I'm working on my own short film right now. It's a horror/suspense type. Going to see what WE can do. It's only for fun though.

Later.

DeadMoon
08-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Sorry man. Im still around. getting to leave to film here in a few hours...

I would agree having GOOD people around you is a plus. Honestly thats the whole reason we've gotten so much buzz for our little film. Because all of us Cast and Crew have been pushing hard to get our name out there.

Keeping the camera moving is a good idea. Especially in a movie such as the one im doing.

What have you done. Anything I might have seen or just local things? I like the idea of an internet collaboration on a film. For fans by fans. Could be sweet.

DeadMoon
08-04-2006, 04:43 PM
Thats awesome man. I love to write scripts.

The whole "Miracle Whip Killer" has me intrigued :)

It's just a lot of fun and thats the ONLY reason I do any of it. The short film we will be doing soon is something I wrote. i have a good crew including Phantom Stranger (not sure if this Phantom here is the same as the one I know) who does great camera work and is a true horror fan. So we shall see what we can do on our first try.

I'll keep you posted. You do the same. I'd love to see something you wrote on the big screen. if you ever want to collaborate sometime Im always down. Im truly diggin the whole internet idea.

Later.

DeadMoon
08-04-2006, 06:47 PM
I got it... I'll be getting back to you real soon...

DeadMoon
08-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Whats up? It's been a while. Sorry for disappearing, I've been a busy man. We wrap shooting for Dead Moon Rising this Saturday. On the 12th we filmed our HUGE end scene. What we thought MIGHT be possible ended up BEING possible. we had over 1200 extras including 600+ bikers with bikes. It was insanely huge for a "no budget" film... From what we hear (and by no means do I know if its true) this was the biggest indie shoot in Louisville history... A sequel is already in the works.

We are taking it to the Fright Film Festival which is taking place at the old Waverly TB Hospital. If you dont know, Waverly is rated in the top 10 scarest places in the world. john Carpenter is going to be on hand as well as Gunnar Hansen, Joe Bob Briggs and others... After that we are taking it to the Eerie film fest. george Romero is the guest of honor there so that should be crazy!

I myself have had a few things happen since our film has made such a buzz around town. Im of course going to be doing the sequel for DMR. a film I had part in (writing and acting) Into The Woods is wrapping soon, it's picked up a nice buzz and has been in talks with Lions Gate. Im up for a part in a film called "The Bloody Marys". More so I may be hitting the big screen in a film called the Coveted which is in talks with Sherri Moon Zombie and Tony Todd. I may either be acting or Assistant Director. Either way im there. If the above names sign on, well thats another story all together. One can hope.

I did find time to go see "The Descent" which I thought was pretty good. I enjoyed myself. The theatres response to it was outstanding. its not my favorite or anything but I liked it. I plan to see Pulse soon and of course "Snakes on a Plane"... Hope all is well.

BTW Dave I emailed you but it was sent back. said your mailbox was full. Should I try again?

Later all... I'll try not to be a stranger.

www.deadmoonrisingmovie.com
www.intothewoodsthemovie.com
www.frightnightfilmfest.com

DeadMoon
08-16-2006, 09:03 PM
Dude like "Night Of The Lepus" type movie? I loved that movie... What?!

Or are you going more like "harvey"... because if you think about it, that could have gotten CRAZY. It has insane killer written all over it. :)

I'll hit you up with an email soon. Take care.

VampiricClown
08-16-2006, 10:10 PM
More like a killer in a rabbit costume. I'm working on the story now. Maybe some black comedy during the duration, but the ending, I want it as serious as hell. It's going to be quite the emotional type of thing.

Just remember where the idea came from. ;)