PDA

View Full Version : Open Water 2

Sick_As_Fuck
07-12-2006, 07:08 PM
http://www.blairwitch.de/index.php?s...=16&filmid=353

I thought the first one was excellent, but what in the fuck? From the pics this looks atrocious.

heebiejeebies
07-13-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Sick_As_Fuck
http://www.blairwitch.de/index.php?s...=16&filmid=353

I thought the first one was excellent, but what in the fuck? From the pics this looks atrocious.

Is this for real?:eek: If so, it's one of the sorriest excuses for a movie I've seen in a long time.

Summary from IMDb.com: A weekend cruise on a luxurious party yacht goes horribly wrong for a group of old high-school friends. They forget to let the ladder down before they jump into the ocean for a swim. The boat proves impossible to climb. They are stuck in the water many miles from shore, with baby Sara left alone on board. Sara's mother Amy must contend with her aqua-phobia as well as the group's increasing desperation, as the friends begin to turn on each other. Soon the exhaustion of keeping afloat and the struggle to get back on board begin to take a terrible toll. The happy reunion turns into a fight for survival...

Questions I'm already asking myself: If Sara's mother is so aquaphobic, what the hell is she doing in the water? (I'm pretty aquaphobic myself, so I'd really like to know.) And who in the world leaves a BABY alone on a boat? Here's hoping the sharks from the first movie find this bunch of blithering idiots and eat them. Then let's hope the sharks find everyone associated with this movie and eat them too. I know...a lot of hate for a movie I've only read about.:p

To answer your WTF question, Sick_As, it's the same ol' story. The first made a little money, so they're going for broke with a second. To say I'm expecting a DTV release (if that) is quite possibly the understatement of the year.

BTW, I liked the first one too, but I wouldn't call it excellent.;)

Sloan
07-16-2006, 02:39 PM
O Great, Thats All We Need Another Open Friggin Water. 1st Was Total Garbage Im Sorry To Say.

makemebad
07-16-2006, 03:07 PM
Oh great..... the first one is all we needed

You just loose interest quick for the most part but the camera work does make it more interesting. I did like the directing a lot in the first

Prelude95Si
07-16-2006, 04:00 PM
I tossed and turned in my chair despartly waiting for it to be over. The hand held camera work made with really dizzy.

dabruce16
08-09-2006, 11:24 PM
i couldn't wait for the first open water, but alas i was bored to death during the viewing. the second ones story kinda freaks me a little......cuz i'm afraid of water and being trapped in open water like that would make me shit bricks, but i know i will just be bored to death like i was in the first one.

Ooky_Kabuki
08-09-2006, 11:41 PM
Thankfully, I never saw Open Water. I knew that I would be wasting my money. Soooooooo, if it ever comes on cable and I happen to be watching that channel at that precise time I MIGHT watch it but that's a VERY iffy might.

mattc_099
08-10-2006, 06:07 AM
i think i read that this is actually some other flick that they just are calling open water 2 here to cash in or something

either way the first one was boring as hell and I've never really enjoyed any killer shark movie before, that includes Jaws.

Most killer *insert animal here* flicks just don't interest me.

Ooky_Kabuki
08-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself Matt.