PDA

View Full Version : New "Day Of The Dead"

phantomstranger
07-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Another remake:

Day of the Dead Cast Revealed
Source: BlackFilm.com
July 12, 2006

Following up on a report from Bloody-Disgusting, BlackFilm.com has confirmed that Ving Rhames, Mena Suvari, Michael Welch, Annalynne McCord, Stark Sands and Nick Cannon have been cast in Millennium Films' Day of the Dead remake.

Steve Miner (Halloween: H20) will direct the movie, written by Jeffrey Reddick. The original dealt with the zombie assault on a military establishment.

Miss Olivia
07-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Oh, hell.

The_Return
07-12-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Miss Olivia
Oh, hell.

Dont say you didnt see it coming. Night and Dawn both had sucessful (and very good, I might add) remakes, so this was only a matter of time.

To be honest I dont think this will be very good, but the other 2 remakes turned out very well....so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

mothermold
07-12-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by phantomstranger
Another remake:

Day of the Dead Cast Revealed
Source: BlackFilm.com
July 12, 2006

Following up on a report from Bloody-Disgusting, BlackFilm.com has confirmed that Ving Rhames, Mena Suvari, Michael Welch, Annalynne McCord, Stark Sands and Nick Cannon have been cast in Millennium Films' Day of the Dead remake.

Steve Miner (Halloween: H20) will direct the movie, written by Jeffrey Reddick. The original dealt with the zombie assault on a military establishment.

The horror...the horror.

I guess Ving does'nt mind being type-cast(whatever pays the bills right)he and Mena Suvari will probably be the only bright spots in this film.

....And Nick Cannon?That alone tells me this film will suck donkey dick and that the filmmakers are not serious about this picture in the least.

Miss Olivia
07-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by The_Return
Dont say you didnt see it coming. Night and Dawn both had sucessful (and very good, I might add) remakes, so this was only a matter of time.

To be honest I dont think this will be very good, but the other 2 remakes turned out very well....so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Oh, I saw it coming.
Just not with Mena Suvari.
I hope everybody dies but Ving Rhames.

The Mothman
07-12-2006, 03:27 PM
nick cannon better die damn soon into the movie.

AUSTIN316426808
07-12-2006, 03:41 PM
I think Nick Cannon is a pretty good actor and the Day remake could be very....

I was just trying to see how long I could go without laughing.

Sick_As_Fuck
07-12-2006, 06:17 PM
I loved the "Dawn..." remake so I won't knock this until I see it. It can't be any worse than "Land of the Dead", anyway.

Zero
07-13-2006, 06:24 AM
i think its sad - i watched the original day of hte dead again recently and thought that - some bad performances aside - its a really well made and disturbing film. . . i should imagine all the originality and political critique will be quickly bleached out of this bland remake as it was in Dawn. . . ahhh well, god bless hollywood

CHRIS24
07-13-2006, 07:15 PM
they need to stop casting rappers in movies I hate nick cannon he is a lousy choice I mean they could have atleast thought about giving it to LL Cool J than Nick C. Um I hope They dont follow the exact story scene by scene. They need to step it up a notch in the make up and effects department bring something new to the table.

AUSTIN316426808
07-13-2006, 07:32 PM
Nick Cannon's not a rapper, he's a comedian/actor who thinks he can rap.

spawn69
07-15-2006, 07:13 PM
i have nothing wrong with this movie but if it ruins the series of movies or watever than theres no hope for horror movies in the future

crazy raplh
07-18-2006, 08:40 AM
what if they casted MC hammer?

tarcher80
07-19-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
Nick Cannon's not a rapper, he's a comedian/actor who thinks he can rap.

correction, he's a man that thinks he can act, practice comedy, and rap. my god, he's a one man mediocre band!!! let's throw gobs of money at him!

spawn69
07-20-2006, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by crazy raplh
what if they casted MC hammer?

if you were talking to me, i dont even think that will help

Vodstok
07-20-2006, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by crazy raplh
what if they casted MC hammer? Well, that would be walking dead, now wouldnt it?

You think Ving will be playing Kenneth from Dawn, or is this completely unrelated?

DeadMoon
07-23-2006, 07:25 PM
I look forward to the remake. I really enjoyed the Night of The Living Dead and Dawn of The Dead remakes so I have high hopes for this one. Day of the Dead is one of my fave's of the zombie genre. Just a lot of great stuff. The setting, the characters, Bub a zombie trying to maintain some of his humanity. It's just awesome.

Myself being an actor and filming a zombie movie as we speak (www.deadmoonrisingmovie.com) I wouldn't count Nick Cannon out just yet. For one he has a few good actors to work off of and trust me that helps a ton. Plus if he's hungry and wants to be an "ACTOR" and not a star he will give it all he's got. It's not as easy as it looks and personally, I think he can do it...

Ok let the hate mail begin ;p

JokerMONEY3000
07-24-2006, 04:31 AM
If Ving Rhames is in this movie, thats probably a good sign that it's gonna be directly connected to the Dawn of the Dead remake. Which is stupid cause, none of the originals were directly connected and the Night of the Living Dead Remake certainly isn't connected to Dawn of the Dead Remake, because of the walking/running zombie difference. In my personal opinion I think they should call a direct sequel to the Dawn of the Dead Remake, Dawn of the Dead 2, or even Dawn of the Dead Vol. 2. But whatever, it's not like anyone who doesn't do research on all the Dead movies would even understand how to watch the series. So if their are title flaws, it really won't matter because everyone here understands it anyways.

CHRIS24
07-24-2006, 11:23 AM
Its like the trend nowadays casting rappers to movies and if ya like my 2 cents to it leave them to rap not act. Look at Dmx, Ludacris,nic cannon,and they casted some female rapper to the new resident evil movie, does anybody in hollywood have a clue. that a rapper ruins a movie.

Vodstok
07-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Eminem in 8 mile = good call

all the rest = bad call

LL Cool J occasionally does ok. He was great in an episode of House, and about the only thing that didnt suck in Deep Blue Sea.

JokerMONEY3000
07-25-2006, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
Eminem in 8 mile = good call

all the rest = bad call

LL Cool J occasionally does ok. He was great in an episode of House, and about the only thing that didnt suck in Deep Blue Sea.

Actually I think LL Cool J is good in every movie, I mean, he kicked ass in Deep Blue Sea, and I thought he brought a good element to Halloween: H20

CHRIS24
07-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Im glad he got got killed in deep blue sea.

DeadMoon
07-25-2006, 07:48 PM
He survived in Deep Blue Sea... First movie I ever caught Thomas Jane in. Been a fan ever since. As for LL he's fair... I mean I wouldn't say he will win any oscar anytime soon but he's OK. Thomas Jane was the best part in that movie anyways which all in all had a really good cast.

Miss Olivia
07-25-2006, 07:59 PM
I want Ving Rhames to show up in Day of the Dead as a zombie. As a matter of fact, I want all the characters from Dawn Of The Dead to turn up as zombies.
Too bad.:(

DeadMoon
07-25-2006, 08:18 PM
That would be a cool little cameo but Ving is too cool to just be dead... I mean we have to see him kick some ass right? It would be a sweet cameo though.

and BTW the whole "when hell is full the dead will walk the earth." umm so what happens when you shoot a zombie in the head and kill it...again... if hell is full would they ever really die? Something to ponder pinky. Something to ponder.

Miss Olivia
07-25-2006, 08:22 PM
No. They would eventually settle in Brooklyn and open law firms.

CHRIS24
07-27-2006, 06:10 PM
Look bottomline it sounds retarded with nick cannon, could ya see romero castin gary coleman or michael jackson for the original and everybody is saying oh give him a chance but in all reality once that movie comes out and people see cannons name on it alot of people are going to say ah fuck and be turned off by it. Shit I could go so far as to say cast dave chappelle fuck nick cannon.

DeadMoon
07-27-2006, 06:41 PM
Being an actor I guess I have a different perspective on things. I don't discredit someone who wants to act simply because they've done rap music. granted some are good at it, some are not. Nick Cannon is not a bad actor.

If you're watching a zombie movie then you already have that suspension of disbelief going for you. So if you can put aside the fact that the Dead are walking the earth for a few hours surely you can forget Cannon is a rapper and give the kid a chance. Then if he sucks at it, which is possible, feel free to say I told you so.

wu ghung
07-27-2006, 09:27 PM
who is nick cannon?

a mccuaig
07-27-2006, 10:46 PM
I think I might go fishing instead of seeing it..although i was wrong about the hills have eyes! damn this confusion

tarcher80
07-28-2006, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by wu ghung
who is nick cannon?

a no-talent ass clown

dabruce16
08-17-2006, 05:27 AM
there are some production pictures at bloody-disgusting.com. nothing really neat about the pictures. just shows ving rhames in an army outfit.

CrimsonFiend138
08-18-2006, 09:35 AM
Well you most of you know that it sounds like shit.

I love The Halloween series but when I had seen Halloween Resurrection I freaked out at the end because I was so pissed Busta Rhymes "kicked Michael's ass" and said something stupid like "Trick or Treat Muthafuckah".

The only reason I woulda want to see a rapper in a movie is to watch them get killed, but NOOO they are always the HERO, and you know if it was in real life those dudes would be runnin for their life....BAhhh......I would be right behind them tho. :)

barbra
08-18-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by CrimsonFiend138
Well you most of you know that it sounds like shit.

I love The Halloween series but when I had seen Halloween Resurrection I freaked out at the end because I was so pissed Busta Rhymes "kicked Michael's ass" and said something stupid like "Trick or Treat Muthafuckah".

The only reason I woulda want to see a rapper in a movie is to watch them get killed, but NOOO they are always the HERO, and you know if it was in real life those dudes would be runnin for their life....BAhhh......I would be right behind them tho. :) watch seed of chucky then...?

H3lt3rSk3lt3r
08-18-2006, 01:44 PM
Well i just hope its good like the Dawn remake.

Danae
08-19-2006, 08:07 AM
If Romero has a hand in it, I'm sure it won't be too bad. I mean sure, Day of the Dead is a classic, but if it's being remade, the plot, characters, everything is already there to work with.

In the least, I'm sure it will be very entertaining.

Personally, I'd like to see an -of the Dead film about the biker gang that attacked the mall in Dawn of the Dead. I want to play Savini's biker bitch in it, but that's beside the point.

CrimsonFiend138
08-20-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by barbra
watch seed of chucky then...?

Oh yeah but I liked Redman haha, and LL was good in H20.