PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of the Spring Heeled Jack movie?

Peter
07-02-2006, 11:34 AM
There is a Hollywood Movie on the legend Spring Heeled Jack being made as we speak. Does anyone know anything more about this?

MisterSadistro
07-03-2006, 04:58 AM
I get a sneaking suspicion that since no one has and this is your first and only post, you'll be the one to enlighten us all :rolleyes:
CK

Zero
07-03-2006, 07:59 AM
here

Peter
07-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Just got wind from somewhere that's all.
Looking around the net as we speak....

mothermold
07-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Peter
There is a Hollywood Movie on the legend Spring Heeled Jack being made as we speak. Does anyone know anything more about this?

Provided your on the level,the thought of a Spring-Heeled Jack movie always intriqued me.I've read the stories and there seems to be a viable plot there...pick your genre.I'm actually surprised no one's made a film yet(to my knowledge)...maybe Alan Moore could write the screenplay(I wish).

As for the film you speak of it's news to me.

Peter
07-04-2006, 01:02 AM
Yea me too. I agree the legend does sound very interesting and could make a great film. As you say about Alan Moore, as he has written similar genre films to this I think it would be good for a different writer to deveop the script.

mothermold
07-04-2006, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Peter
As you say about Alan Moore, as he has written similar genre films to this I think it would be good for a different writer to deveop the script.

No......Alan Moore or nothing at all,that's the deal.

Well...maybe Neil Gaiman.

filmmaker2
07-04-2006, 03:34 PM
I read a little about SHJ. Whether any of that stuff happened or not, if you made a movie that showed those things as they've been described, and did it as a proper period piece, you would have one freaky movie.

ghostgirl38
07-06-2006, 08:39 AM
Oh yes please tell us more. I remember a Stepen King short story that had the name Spring Heeled jack in it but they're probably not related right?:confused:

Peter
07-06-2006, 12:26 PM
That's right I don't think they are related.
Yes it would be great if it was done right.
There are quite a few stories on the net saying the script has been written. Watch this space.

Peter
07-10-2006, 11:51 AM
This script got a great review on the script swap website (Although you need to log in as a member to see it)
http://www.screenwritersutopia.com/script_swap/index.php?action=view_script&sid=1339

Peter
08-01-2006, 11:21 AM
If anyone's interested I have just come accross the site www.springheeledjackthemovie.com
Looks like it is official. I posted a question on the 'Contact Jack' section awaiting a reply... I will let you know the response.

VampiricClown
08-01-2006, 12:44 PM
I remember fighting Spring Heeled Jack in the NES game Monster in my Pocket and then collecting the little figurines, but that's as far as my knowledge of him takes me.

Peter
08-07-2006, 01:39 PM
Yea I agree this sounds good, and a movie would be good as a nice eerie period piece.
Found what looks like an official site www.springheeledjackthemovie.com