PDA

View Full Version : I am legend movie

evilreign
06-16-2006, 09:59 PM
I was so excited to find out that I am Legend was being made into a movie. I am legend is my favorite book of all time. At first I thought it was going to be one of those crappy horror movies made on good books. Then I saw that Will Smith is the main character and I thought at least the main character would be a good actor (although in the book the main character wasnt black but whatever) anyone heard about this movie?

Despare
06-16-2006, 10:46 PM
Wow... you've blown me away.

By the way: http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21850&highlight=I+am+Legend

mothermold
06-16-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by evilreign
I was so excited to find out that I am Legend was being made into a movie. I am legend is my favorite book of all time. At first I thought it was going to be one of those crappy horror movies made on good books.

Let's leave it at that.

Deep down I'm secretly hoping that Mr.Smith has some magic trump card he's been saving and will throw it down on this film...."hoping" being the operative word here.

I don't doubt the leading man status of Mr.Smith or his uncanny ability to deliver wise-cracks and oneliners on cue,no this is a question of range and though he did a fine job on Ali I'm thinking this was a serious misscast on the part of the filmmakers....just my thoughts.

evilreign
06-17-2006, 08:44 AM
ok, If you want to see Will smith act for real and not that gay stuff he normally does watch the movie THe legend of bagger vance, its not a horror movie, but it is a really awesome movie and Will Smith does a fantastic job acting in it. All his other movies arent even close to the performance he did for that movie. He has it in him. Give him a chance.

phantomstranger
07-02-2006, 01:30 AM
Depp Joining Smith in I Am Legend
Source: BlackFilm.com
June 30, 2006

BlackFilm.com reports that "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise star Johnny Depp will join Will Smith in Warner Bros.' I Am Legend, for director Francis Lawrence (Constantine):

When Will Smith was cast as the lead in the long-awaited adapted film version of Richard Matheson's I AM LEGEND, it was probably the worst kept secret. After all, his name had been floating around the web for the longest time. Until certain outlets that folks feel are the bible of information put the word out to confirm our story, sources tell blackfilm.com that along with Smith, JOHNNY DEPP has been added to the cast.

Depp may be playing Ben Cortman, who is Robert Neville's (Smith) neighbor in the film and the first to get infected, becoming the head vampire.

In Richard Matheson's book, Neville is the last living man on Earth... but he is not alone. Every other man, woman, and child has become a vampire, and they are all hungry for Neville's blood. By day, he is the hunter, stalking the sleeping undead through the abandoned ruins of civilization. By night, he barricades himself in his home and prays for the dawn.

The site says filming starts this September.

Posher778
07-02-2006, 12:10 PM
I will never see Will Smith as more than the Fresh Prince of Bel Air...

zwoti
07-02-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Posher778
I will never see Will Smith as more than the Fresh Prince of Bel Air...

there's a shame

CHRIS24
07-07-2006, 07:08 PM
Well I read about this through rotten tomatoes and I guess Depp going to be in it which intrigued me but Will f***ing Smith is going to be in it that turned me away completley. I hate Will Smith and I think he is an majorly overatted actor.

Miss Olivia
07-07-2006, 07:43 PM
Wow.....I think about the original Omega Man, and then I think about Johnny Depp and Will Smith, and it makes my head hurt....
Ow.
I'll probably watch it anyway, just in case it's good.

zwoti
07-08-2006, 08:00 AM
.....one thread is enough....

The_Return
07-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Miss Olivia
Wow.....I think about the original Omega Man, and then I think about Johnny Depp and Will Smith, and it makes my head hurt....
Ow.
I'll probably watch it anyway, just in case it's good.

Original? Omega Man?

Pffft