PDA

View Full Version : New NOTLD.

Geddy
06-10-2006, 10:53 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489244/
I dont know what to expect from this one.

mothermold
06-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Geddy
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489244/
I dont know what to expect from this one.

Not too much I should think,Sid Haig was the only name I recognized.

Who knows maybe it'll rock...maybe.

MrShape
06-10-2006, 01:14 PM
I'm a zombie nerd, so I'll probably see it ('course, that's the logic that got me to see House Of The Dead in theaters). The guys who produced it were at last weekend's Fangoria convention in Burbank. I doubt it'll be all that good, but then again, I found myself enjoying Return Of The Living Dead: Necropolis so who knows?

Geddy
06-10-2006, 01:49 PM
It sucks because Ben's character is going to be changed to be a white guy.Not that it changes the story at all but i think if theyre gonna remake it they should'nt ruin the characters.

horrorobsessed
06-10-2006, 01:59 PM
can't they just leave this movie alone! it's fine the way it is.:mad:

The_Return
06-10-2006, 05:41 PM
Im gonna see it in theatres just for the 3-D...I'm a huge sucker for 3-D. I wanted to see Shark Boy and Lavagirl, but I didnt have a chance:(

mothermold
06-10-2006, 05:49 PM
Behold the power of 3-D!!

Say what you will,but nobody looks cool wearing these things.:o

Elvis_Christ
06-11-2006, 01:12 AM
There's already a decent remake of this why the fuck are they doing it again? The 3D thing could be cool but this sounds like a load of shit waste of time shit fest.

PR3SSUR3
06-11-2006, 05:45 AM
can't they just leave this movie alone! it's fine the way it is.

No, because it's in the public domain.

Posher778
06-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Hmm, it could be good, Barbra is a hottie in this at least.:)

And I actually liked both NOTLD movies the same, so I don't know if this will compare or not...

Sick_As_Fuck
06-13-2006, 12:19 AM
In 3-D? What are we...12?

PR3SSUR3
06-13-2006, 07:27 PM
3-D

^
My, that's a small one...

ItsAlive75
06-14-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by PR3SSUR3
3-D

^
My, that's a small one...

Yeah, and the balls are facing the wrong way too...

Anyway, making Ben a white guy totally shits on everything Romero was trying to do with the original. It's just one of those things in a remake you DON'T change.

Dante'sInferno
06-14-2006, 05:58 PM
WHY?

Oh yeah....money.

Despare
06-14-2006, 07:00 PM
I like remakes, gives me a chance to see a movie in another light and if this one is nothing but a gore filled zombie flick without any social commentary than so be it... if it's good. If it sucks then I always have the original. See, if they change enough then the remake changes and becomes it's own creature instead of simply trying to replicate the original which I enjoy. The only downside to remakes is that most of them suck but why is that such a big deal? Don't watch the crappy one, seems pretty easy to me. The only thing a remake might do is confuse younger generations who go in not knowing about the original so the remake is all the see and they deem the movie trash. Although, even that's unlikely because everytime a remake is released a special edition of the original is hyped regularly on DVD (Fog, Omen, Ammityville, Dawn of the Dead, Gone in 60 Seconds, Itallian Job, TCM, etc...).

bwind22
06-15-2006, 03:05 AM
This is utter bullshit.

Is it really so fuckin impossible to come up with an original zombie movie nowadays? Evidently Mr. Romero used up every single idea there was and now the mindless writers in Hollywood are left with nothing left to do but keep remaking his films.

3D? OooOoo. Big fuckin deal. Unless the entire movie is in 3D, I don't give a shit about it because my bet is on the film having like 3-5 minutes of actual 3D imagery. (Friday the 13th pt 3 or ANOES:The Dream Child anyone?)

It's just getting ridiculous now. NotLD was just remade in the 90s.

I guess we're about due for a Land of the Dead remake now too....

:rolleyes:

Fuck this. I'm pissed. I hope it crashes & burns at the box office so they figure out that maybe remakes aren't all they're cracked up to be. Leave the classics alone & if there's already a remake, then there sure as fuck is no reason to make another.

mothermold
06-16-2006, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by bwind22

Fuck this. I'm pissed. I hope it crashes & burns at the box office

This little feature has direct to video written all over it.

And no matter how good a remake may or may not be it will forever be chasing the "greatness" of the original and nothing more....especially where'as NOTLD is concerned.

Beyond
06-16-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by bwind22

3D? OooOoo. Big fuckin deal. Unless the entire movie is in 3D, I don't give a shit about it because my bet is on the film having like 3-5 minutes of actual 3D imagery. (Friday the 13th pt 3 or ANOES:The Dream Child anyone?)

The whole of F13th Part III was originally in 3-D! And trust me the actual 3-D is a whole lot better than the last 5 mins of Freddy's Dead.

On this remake, I do find all the remakes of late sad and depressing not to mention boring. But being a fan of 3-D I wouldn't mind seeing this, it will probably be crap but as long as the 3-D is half decent I think it will be fun to see some 3-D zombie action. It's not like there's be many 3-D films of late, horror ones at that.

Hate_Breeder
06-17-2006, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by MrShape
I'm a zombie nerd, so I'll probably see it ('course, that's the logic that got me to see House Of The Dead in theaters). The guys who produced it were at last weekend's Fangoria convention in Burbank. I doubt it'll be all that good, but then again, I found myself enjoying Return Of The Living Dead: Necropolis so who knows?

I was going to ask about ROTLD:Necropolis actually. I too am addicted to zombies so i will probably see NOTLD3D but as for the other one im skeptical.

Yeti.13
06-24-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Hate_Breeder
I was going to ask about ROTLD:Necropolis actually.

For gods sake don't buy. In fact recommend it to one of your friends so they buy or rent it, go round their house watch it for free. It is a bit shitty and the zombies are crap!

Yeti.13
06-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by mothermold
Behold the power of 3-D!!

Say what you will,but nobody looks cool wearing these things.:o

I dunno?

mothermold
06-25-2006, 10:54 PM
I stand corrected.

Miss Olivia
06-25-2006, 11:00 PM
LOL that looks like a punk cousin It....nice picture:D