PDA

View Full Version : Lady In The Water

slasherman
01-08-2006, 12:53 PM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/ladyinthewater/medium.html

It cant be worse than "The Villiage"

Posher778
01-08-2006, 05:44 PM
i thought it was supposed to be a love story...

abd i liked the village, at l;east it was original compared to the crap they let out these days.

urgeok
01-11-2006, 08:51 AM
the man is in dire need of redemption .. i hope this is it - regardless of the genre.

just no bullshit this time .. please

hammerfan
01-11-2006, 08:54 AM
I saw the preview when I went to the movies last Saturday. I thought it looked interesting. I'll give it a try when it comes out. But, I agree with urge - no bullshit this time!

Zero
01-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by urgeok
the man is in dire need of redemption .. i hope this is it - regardless of the genre.

just no bullshit this time .. please

i saw the trailer and thought it looked a little too earnest . . .

uhm, by the way, since i missed it - welcome back Urge!

novadawn969
01-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Zero
uhm, by the way, since i missed it - welcome back Urge!

diddo!

I want to see that one too. If anyone ends up seeing it before me, I want details.

Amalthea
01-12-2006, 01:26 AM
Looks interesting!

urgeok
01-12-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Amalthea
Looks interesting!

so did the villiage :D

slasherman
01-12-2006, 10:40 PM
..Hell... not really sure if this even is a horror movie...or if its drama/supernaturale.... maybe its some kind of modern version of Cocoon (1985):rolleyes: ..hope not...

mothermold
01-13-2006, 02:51 AM
dollars to pesos says it's a goddamned "Splash" remake.

m. night....that cheeky rat bastard!!!

urgeok
01-13-2006, 06:12 AM
i suspect something extremely laid back and slow paced where you're led to believe there is something supernatural until the very end when you find out it's all horseshit.

i think Unbreakable is a remarkable film. I think 6th Sense was one of the most influential films of its decade ..

i think signs was effective for about 2 seconds

i wont even mentiion The Villiage

i think he's in deep shit now

ItsAlive75
01-13-2006, 06:22 PM
Paul Giamatti is an incredible actor, I hope he brings this flick up a couple notches... because right now it looks pretty dull.

horrifying
01-13-2006, 06:36 PM
i think it has potential........ though i hope the narf in the end is killed.

Zero
01-14-2006, 08:54 AM
i think its about seamonkeys coming to life and getting a bit horny

sabersword
01-14-2006, 09:25 AM
M.Night just pisses me off! Ok, some of it might be my own fault for my expectations. But, after Signs, which by the way scared the hell out of me for some reason, the Village was really disapointing.I wanted my money back.I mean look, from the trailers, it seemed to be a horror film did it not? I hate being jurked around like that. Take 28days, I could have sworn that was a zombie film from the trailer and, I guess it was sort of, but not what I was expecting. OK, end of raving.

tarcher80
06-09-2006, 06:01 AM
Just saw a trailer for the new one from M. Night Shyamalan. Not a huge fan of his (accept for The 6th Sense), but this one looks interesting and it doesn't hurt when you get a great actor like Paul Giamatti to play the lead role. The trailer is a teaser, but seems to let on that a reincarnation of the "Big Bad Wolf" is present. Being a werewolf movie enthusiast, this sparked my attention. Aside from the teasers and vague plot description on the website, has anyone heard anything about this movie???

urgeok
06-09-2006, 06:45 AM
i wont be rushing out to see this opening weekend like i did with the Villiage idiot.

the goof doesnt deserve my $15 .. i'll download the fucking thing, then write him an email to tell him i did it.

then i'll give him a bill for my babysitters fee from when i did see The Villiage.

fucking rip off.

this new one better be god damned good.

slasherman
06-09-2006, 07:27 AM
http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19709&highlight=Lady+In+The+Water

tarcher80
06-09-2006, 08:03 AM
thanks slasherman... i can't believe i didn't hear about this movie months ago. i guess that means i don't really give a sh#t what M. Night puts out.

ghostgirl38
06-10-2006, 08:43 AM
:cool: No, but it sounds good. I've seen all of his movies so this new movie should be good.

_____V_____
06-10-2006, 09:32 AM
damn...after the mess called The Village, I certainly wont run into the theaters for this one, until and unless people convince me to see it. I ll rent it later off Netflix, if its any good.

Sick_As_Fuck
06-13-2006, 12:22 AM
Judging from the trailer/comemrcials it looks pretty lame, but my mom really wants to see it and since it's her treat I must oblige.

Sukie
06-25-2006, 04:22 PM
Yeah I totally agree. I completely lost my faith in him with The Village. All the hype before it, all the secrecy during the filming ---cuz it was sucking bigtime. I went to go see The Village all by myself (not easy to do with all the damn "one seat away from the aisle with a brown paper bag" perverts around). They can air the scariest creepiest ad and I won't trust it for a second. I won't be paying to see it. I'll wait until it's floating free on cable.

But HAHA I like the idea of downloading it and then emailing M to tell him (and charge him your babysitting fees). Hilarious.

ItsAlive75
06-25-2006, 05:12 PM
Well this doesn't really look like that much of a horror movie, even saying "supernatural thriller" would be kind of a stretch.

I'll see it because of Paul Giamatti, he was amazing in American Splendor.

knife_fight
06-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
I'll see it because of Paul Giamatti, he was amazing in American Splendor.

me too. something about that guy makes me feel compelled to see everything he's in. I loved Sideways in spite of myself.

ZombieChick13
06-27-2006, 05:01 AM
I watched a clip of this movie on tv, and it looks kind of boring. I'll wait till it comes out on dvd.

urgeok
07-04-2006, 02:45 AM
i just saw an extended ad for this at the theatre and (against my better judgement) has me interested.

if this asshole pulls off another Village i'll be so pissed ... but this looks like what the Village could have been - if there was an actual payoff..
i got the impression that he's in the Neil Gaiman/clive barker territory with this one ..

StanTheMan
07-04-2006, 10:33 AM
Yea I saw this too, I must say I can't wait to see it.

CHRIS24
07-04-2006, 11:44 AM
tHE VILLAGE WAS a Complete Let down. You actually thought something was going to get good and BAM ha its a joke. M Night needs to get his head out of his A** and write a good decent horror movie, I mean are any of his films considered to be horror. Signs would have been decent if the alien would have been more realistic Oh well hes making a butt load of money to put these movies out which are not even that great.

joshaube
07-04-2006, 12:03 PM
Am I the ONLY one who LIKED The Village? Does everyone hate it soley for the fact they thought it was something other then what it actually was?

As for the director himself, I hate him. Simply hate him. I don't have an exact reason - but he comes off as a very self-indulged person. He puts himself in his movies, with his poor acting, and sure - Quentin and others do this... but they take joy in it. He seems to want to be artistic, those stuck-up types.

urgeok
07-04-2006, 12:09 PM
i hated the village because of the terrible acting, writing, plot devices, ....and the the fact i thought it was something other then what it actually was? (a good movie)

The_Return
07-04-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by joshaube
Am I the ONLY one who LIKED The Village? Does everyone hate it soley for the fact they thought it was something other then what it actually was?

I didnt hate The Village, nor did I love it. Not nearly as bad as it's reputation, but not very good by any means. The ending was the only part that I really hated, otherwise I enjoyed most of it. If they could have though of a better way to tie it up at the end, it could have been pretty good.

Amalthea
07-05-2006, 01:14 AM
I wait for the rental too, but I have to say that the Village was a mess too!

tarcher80
07-05-2006, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by The_Return
I didnt hate The Village, nor did I love it. Not nearly as bad as it's reputation, but not very good by any means. The ending was the only part that I really hated, otherwise I enjoyed most of it. If they could have though of a better way to tie it up at the end, it could have been pretty good.

i 2nd that... the trailer was a tease, but of course all trailer's are. the only thing i was really disappointed about was that i figured out the ending about 40 minutes into the movie. over all i'd give it a 6.5 or 7 out of 10. definately m night's worst movie, but over all not a shitty movie.

ghostgirl38
07-06-2006, 08:06 AM
:cool:
I've seen the trailers and read a review of what the movies is about so being a fan of M's, I will go see it.

CHRIS24
07-07-2006, 07:02 PM
M night should just write childrens horror movie for 5 year olds

tarcher80
07-18-2006, 06:01 AM
i live in atlanta and on the ride into work i was listening to 99x's morning show. the hosts were interviewing brice howard (she plays the narf, story in the movie) and she said, "there is no twist in lady in the water." now this could be another promotional tool (she said it w/ such conviction), but i could be reading too much into it. what does everyone else think?

AUSTIN316426808
07-18-2006, 08:32 AM
Well I watched Regis and Kelly this morning because they had Paul Giamatti and Kevin Smith on the show. Giamatti answered a few questions they had about the movie then said and I quote..''I don't wanna say too much about it because of all the twists.'' So considering Shyamalan's track record and Giamatti's comment, I'd say she's bluffin.

urgeok
07-18-2006, 08:39 AM
its too bad this guy has to rely on bullshit to sell a film these days.

he should just make good movies and they'll sell themselves.

AUSTIN316426808
07-18-2006, 08:55 AM
I don't think he's bullshitting, it's not like he was refusing to talk about it or made a big deal about it like some actors/directors do. He answered quite a few questions before saying he didn't want to give anything away.

KRUGERKID13
07-21-2006, 12:26 AM
Easily top 3 best movies ive seen thi year

Vodstok
07-21-2006, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by joshaube

Yes you are, and no i dont. I hate it because it was a terrible movie. I was 30 minutes into it and looked over at my wife and said "How much do you want to bet this isnt really in the past?"

How many people are going to play "Spot M Night" with this one? It wont be hard, look for the over acting indian guy. Tadaaa...

He tried to hide himself in the Village, which was even more insulting than trying to believe Ron Howard's kid was blind when she kept looking everyone in the face... when i saw she was in it, that sealed it that i wasnt going to be watching this one.

urgeok
07-21-2006, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
. when i saw she was in it, that sealed it that i wasnt going to be watching this one.

yeah i thought she sucked too ..

hopefully this movie will provide her with a roll that she can apply her limited abilities to. (i also blame the embarrasing dialogue oif the village though)

wb by the way ..glad to hear everyone is healthy and happy :)

newb
07-21-2006, 06:30 AM
Reviews are coming in....not to favorable. Looks like its kinda blah and the ending fizzles. So say my local paper.

AUSTIN316426808
07-21-2006, 07:07 AM
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lady_in_the_water/

Vodstok
07-21-2006, 07:24 AM
Nice to see everybody again :) I cant garubntee i will be here much, but i felt the need to come in and say Hi to my peeps :)

Originally posted by newb
Reviews are coming in....not to favorable. Looks like its kinda blah and the ending fizzles. So say my local paper.

that is a HUGE part of where he has been crashing, pretty much since the sixth sense. He tries sooo hard for everything to be understated, the revelations are a soap buble popping rather than the nuclear explosion at the end of the Sixth Sense.

Jesus, from the perspective of a writer, he isnt even fun. i have peeked into his formula, and i can probably predict the end of any of his future movies with about 80% accuracy within the first half. he doesnt change the formula, he found something that worked once and has been trying to relive it ever since. Every time he tries to retread it, it gets thinner and thinner. Kind of like old pants; he keeps rubbing the knees, trying to make them thivker by wearing away at them.

He seemed so smart, too....

newb
07-21-2006, 07:29 AM
Nice to see everybody again :) I cant garubntee i will be here much, but i felt the need to come in and say Hi to my peeps :)

Good to hear from ya Vod.....hows Bree & baby?

Vodstok
07-21-2006, 07:56 AM
They are good. My new job is an hour and a half drive away, and we have been cranking out the home improvements, so they could use some time apart. Next weekend my mother in law and her mom are coming, so we should get some away time. Dinner and a movie (and LOTS of drinks). maybe Monster House. bree want sot see it and it seems to be the only thing even remotely interesting to me out there.

Or maybe we should see Lady in the Water!

Yeah!

And maybe the bartender will piss in our drinks! Yeeha!

AUSTIN316426808
07-21-2006, 08:20 AM
bree want sot see it and it seems to be the only thing even remotely interesting to me out there.

You guys didn't care for Clerks? Little too crude?

Vodstok
07-21-2006, 08:35 AM
I like the original one, but my wife has had it with Kevin Smith, so that one is a no go. Plus, we just arent excited about anythign out there.

We had high hopes for Wolf Creek and Hostel and werent very impressed with either of them.

The sheer volume of nude women killed hostel for Bree, and to be honest, was a bit disconcerting for me too. Not to mention, unhappy wife while watching movies = uncomfortable evening.

The "brutality" in it was a bit disappointing too. it picked up by the end, but....

Anyway, i am waiting to be shocked. Maybe i have finally gotten to cynical...

hammerfan
07-21-2006, 08:39 AM
It's so good to see you again, Vod!!

Vodstok
07-21-2006, 08:48 AM
It's good to be seen. :)

AUSTIN316426808
07-24-2006, 07:02 AM
I guess the fucker is getting cocky about his acting, he put himself in a not huge but fairly important role. He obviously doesn't realize that he sticks out like a sore thumb.

Angra
07-24-2006, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
I guess the fucker is getting cocky about his acting, he put himself in a not huge but fairly important role. He obviously doesn't realize that he sticks out like a sore thumb.

Who are we talking about here?

Vodstok
07-24-2006, 07:27 AM
M Night Shamalamadingdong

Getting a bit to big for his britches methinks.

i heard him on a morning show this morning doing an interview. I have heard of actors doing talk shows to promote a movie, but a DIRECTOR doing a radio morning show interview just seems a little sad to me.

Plus, i got tired of the show's resident moron kissing his ass the whole time. This guy called the Village his favorite movie of all time without a SINGLE SHRED OF SARCASM IN HIS VOICE! it was the first genuine sentance i eve heard from the guy.

Yes, the director of a major motion picture did a phone interview with a mroning show in southern New Hampshire. I'll be he has been going to girl scout meeting to let them know there is a girl in the movie, they'll like it.:rolleyes:

AUSTIN316426808
07-24-2006, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Angra
Who are we talking about here?

M Night Shamalamadingdong

Angra
07-24-2006, 07:33 AM
Oh, i see..

novakru
07-24-2006, 11:05 AM
I was extremely interested when I saw this trailer for the first time but am not willing to pay theater price to go see it-The Village has shaken my faith so utterly I will wait patiently to rent it off Netflix.:)
I truly hope though,that it turns out good or I am done with M.Night pics.

Vodstok
07-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Haunted?

hammerfan
07-24-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by novakru
I was extremely interested when I saw this trailer for the first time but am not willing to pay theater price to go see it-The Village has shaken my faith so utterly I will wait patiently to rent it off Netflix.:)
I truly hope though,that it turns out good or I am done with M.Night pics.

nova!!!! Where ya been, girl?? Good to see ya!

Vod: no, it's not Haunted.

novakru
07-24-2006, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by hammerfan
nova!!!! Where ya been, girl?? Good to see ya!

Hi sweetie!
Been off this rollercoaster long enough to become immune to the BS-lol.

How's you??

CHRIS24
07-24-2006, 12:17 PM
Well Ya all heard about him wanting to take the directors seat for harry potter. I think he has lost his mind and he makes so much money on such shit. I know the ending to the harry potter already if he will direct it. Um...... Harry potter turns out not to be real and its just a bunch kinds at camp who imagine things cause mr. Night so far up there asses.

hammerfan
07-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Hi sweetie!
Been off this rollercoaster long enough to become immune to the BS-lol.

How's you??

Doing great! We have a new kitten in the house, her name's Lucy, and I'm getting ready to start a course for Veterinary Technician.

Here's a pic of Lucy

Vodstok
07-24-2006, 12:40 PM
Oh no! Hide the kitty...

Dont "practice" on it.

hammerfan
07-24-2006, 12:44 PM
Oh no! Hide the kitty...

Dont "practice" on it.

But, but.......I was going to use her and Logan for my practice guinea pigs!! Damn, Vod, you always spoil my fun! :D

novakru
07-24-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by hammerfan
Doing great! We have a new kitten in the house, her name's Lucy, and I'm getting ready to start a course for Veterinary Technician.

Here's a pic of Lucy
Too cute!
....and you'll be perfect for that profession!
I'll have a new kitten around in another month I think-although it's the hairless variety-lol

Sorry for getting off the thread,PM me if you'd like!

hammerfan
07-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Too cute!
....and you'll be perfect for that profession!
I'll have a new kitten around in another month I think-although it's the hairless variety-lol

Sorry for getting off the thread,PM me if you'd like!

I have a bad habit of hijacking threads - sorry guys!

nova - I sent you a pmail.

urgeok
07-24-2006, 06:48 PM
my friend saw this and reviewed it as one of the worst unwatchable pieces of shit ever (and he even defended The Village)

i wont be seeing this one

AUSTIN316426808
07-25-2006, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
my friend saw this and reviewed it as one of the worst unwatchable pieces of shit ever (and he even defended The Village)

i wont be seeing this one

*Spoilers, kinda*

It's pretty out there, first off there's no disbelief, almost everybody in the building gets involved at one point or another and they just buy the completely absurb story without question. Giamatti stuttered the whole movie and it seems that it was only to show that he stops doing so around the girl.

There's a guy who only works out the right side of his body for whatever reason. There's an old asian woman that knows the story and Giamatti can't get her to tell him the story unless he acts like a child. There's a guy who just sits around doing crossword puzzles and he's got a kid who toward the end is asked to look at a bunch of cereal boxes to find out what they have to do to help the girl.

Too self conscious ect. ect. ect. ect. ect. ect. ect.

*Spoilers end*

It's ok to have some 'what the fuck' stuff but not as much 'Lady' does.

He's officially fell off imo, if he does another film with Bruce Willis I might check it out because those were the only two that were really any good. Other than that, I'm done with him.

The Mothman
07-31-2006, 02:19 PM
M. Night Shamalyan has no idea wtf hes doing. stop making movies.

tarcher80
08-01-2006, 05:28 AM
just saw the movie last night... the inconsistencies (like austin said) will bother a lot of people, but i think it must be taken into account that this is a "make-it-up-as-you-go" children's bedtime story. its a cluttered mess, but that makes it endearing. however the pacing is off and aside from giamatti the acting isn't quite up to par (i did like the asian girl though). also i'm a little sick of m night showing up in his own movies; making a small cameo appearance would be fine, but playing a vital supporting role (even being a decent actor) irks me. all in all it wasn't a bad movie. six sense, unbreakable, signs were better, but not the village. all we can hope for is that night's movies will keep getting better.