PDA

View Full Version : Rob Zombie directs next "Halloween"!

phantomstranger
06-04-2006, 05:30 PM
Rob Zombie to Helm New Halloween Film
Source: Bloody-Disgusting
June 4, 2006

Dimension Films has announced that the studio will make a new "Halloween" movie with Rob Zombie (The Devil's Rejects, House of 1000 Corpses) writing, directing and serving as a producer, reports Bloody-Disgusting. Malek Akkad of Trancas International Films (Halloween H20: 20 Years Later) will produce the feature along with Andy Gould of Vision Entertainment Group (The Devil's Rejects, House of 1000 Corpses). Zombie will also serve as music supervisor on the film. Miramax Films will co-finance the development with Dimension Films. The announcement was made today by The Weinstein Company co-chairman, Bob Weinstein.

Zombie's vision of this film is an entirely new take on the legend and will satisfy fans of the classic "Halloween" legacy while beginning a new chapter in the Michael Myers saga. This new movie will not only appeal to horror fans, but to a wider movie-going audience as well. It will not be a copycat of any prior films in the "Halloween" franchise. The film is set for an October 2007 theatrical release.

Bob Weinstein stated, "Rob Zombie is a gifted musician and performer as well as a talented filmmaker. His vision for this new 'Halloween' is spectacular and I am thrilled to be collaborating with him and to work closely with Malek Akkad to continue the legacy built by his father, the late Moustapha Akkad."

Zombie said, "I have been a huge, huge fan of John Carpenter's original film since its release. So when Bob Weinstein approached me about this, I jumped at the chance to join forces with Dimension Films on this amazing project."

The "Halloween" story began with the 1978 release of John Carpenter's Halloween, executive produced by the late Moustapha Akkad, founder of Trancas International Films and became the highest grossing independent film of the time. Moustapha Akkad's son, Malek, is now taking some of the reigns on this new "Halloween" project to continue the outstanding work begun by his father. Malek Akkad stated, "Trancas is very excited to be working with Rob Zombie and producing another 'Halloween' with Bob Weinstein and Dimension, the home of the franchise for the last three installments. It will be a fitting and worthy tribute to my late father."

"I am thrilled to be working again with Rob and with Dimension Films on such an iconic project that will reinvigorate 'Halloween' and Michael Myers in a truly terrifying new way," stated Andy Gould, Rob Zombie's long time manager and producer of Zombie's two previous films.

Richard Saperstein, president of production, Matthew Stein, senior vice president of production and Alex Franklin, director of development and production will oversee the project on behalf of Dimension. Bret McCartney of Trancas International will oversee production on behalf of Trancas.

IDrinkYourBlood
06-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Yeah man, This is gonna be fuck'n DOPE!!!

Rob Zombie writes on his official blog:
"Okay here's the real deal for those of you who are confused. As I said yesterday - I am not making Halloween 9. That series is done, complete, over.

But what I am doing is starting totally from from scratch. This the new HALLOWEEN. Call it a remake, an update, a reimagining or whatever, but one thing that for sure is this is a whole new start... a new begining with no connection to the other series. That is exactly why the project appeals to me. I can take it and run with it.

I talked to John Carpenter about this the other day and he said, "Go for it, Rob. Make it your own". And that's exactly what I intend to do.

Any questions? Go ahead and ask'em."
----------------------------------------

Now here's some more news from Variety:

"This is a bit of a prequel and a remake, combine," Zombie tells Variety.

"Over 25 years and a lot of movies, a very scary character became something of a Halloween cliche, with Michael Myers dolls that play the Halloween music when you press their stomachs. By the end of the sequel cycle, there was little connection to the original. I take that film very seriously, and I want to make it terrifying again."

Before signing on, Zombie said he sought out Carpenter, who has had several of his films remade.

"The original 'Halloween' is hallowed ground to me, and I talked to him about it and he was very supportive of what I wanted to do," Zombie said.

alkytrio666
06-04-2006, 06:24 PM
This will ruin Rob Zombie's career.

It's a damn shame, for both his and the movie's sake.

_____V_____
06-04-2006, 07:49 PM
ugh...not another REMAKE!!!!!!!

Bah...Zombie's gone nuts if he remakes Halloween! For all money, it will sink faster than you can say "Boo!"

gezz...if you have run out of ideas then just stop making movies. Leave Mikey in his original grave please. I prefer the "R.I.P." on his tombstone, than to see him dug up again.

BAH! :mad:

IDrinkYourBlood
06-05-2006, 12:49 AM
Im kind of excitted. I mean we all knew a remake of this was gonna happen sooner or latter. And would you want some shmuck directing the movie and turn it into another Fog? At least its in the hands of someone we can trust and have faith in.

Dante'sInferno
06-05-2006, 01:03 AM
HALLOWEEN?Is going to be remade?Fuck....we should just remake The Omen then...

.....OH WAIT..:rolleyes:

Miss Olivia
06-05-2006, 09:14 AM
Ick. Why?
Oh, money. Never mind.:(

ItsAlive75
06-05-2006, 09:43 AM
I can't wait to hear the dialogue in Zombie's version... nothin' but F-bombs.

_____V_____
06-05-2006, 11:01 AM
yeah well, get ol'Mikey with a slasher knife together with Chris Tucker and Jar Jar Binks?

maybe a new tagline "Michael Myers speaks!"

Dante'sInferno
06-05-2006, 11:09 AM
Yeah he's gonna say.

Mesa going to fuck bitches up.:rolleyes:

slasherman
06-05-2006, 11:42 AM
never seen any of the Rob Zombie movies....to me they just dont feel right....

The_Return
06-05-2006, 12:39 PM
*shrug* The producer is denying Zombie's involvement, so Im not trusting this until I see his name on the credits.

The STE
06-05-2006, 02:22 PM
another source
Zombie plots new mayhem for "Halloween"
Monday June 5 1:10 AM ET

Rocker-turned-filmmaker Rob Zombie is resurrecting Michael Myers, one of the big screen's favorite horror villains.

Zombie will write and direct a new "Halloween" movie, serving up what is being called as a brand-new vision for the long-running horror series. He will also serve as a producer and a music supervisor on the film.

An October 2007 release is being planned. Disney's Miramax Films will co-finance the development with former Miramax chiefs Bob and Harvey Weinstein's Dimension Films.

[0]
The movie will not be a sequel or a straight-ahead remake of the 1978 original -- which helped director John Carpenter cement his name in the horror business -- but a reimagining that will infuse new blood into the Myers story.

"The look and the feel is going to be completely different," Zombie said in an interview. "'Halloween' started off as a very terrifying concept, a terrifying movie. But over the years, Michael Myers has become a friendly Halloween mask. When it came to the point where you could buy a Michael Myers doll that was cute-looking and press its stomach and play the 'Halloween' theme, you knew the scare factor was gone.

"But I think the story and the situation is scary. All it needed was someone to come in and to take a totally different approach to make it scary again. To me, that's the challenge and that's the fun."

Needless to say, the movie will not pay heed to the numerous sequels. The last Halloween film, "Halloween: H20," came out in 1998.

"Everything that has come before does not figure into this one," Zombie said. "That series is done."

And while Zombie aims to keep the scares and the character more real, the mask will remain.

"That's an iconic image that can't go away," he said.

Zombie wrote and directed "House of 1000 Corpses" and last year's "The Devil's Rejects," which proved to be extremely profitable theatrically and on DVD. A lot of horror movies have been thrown his way, but he wanted to be choosy when it came to his third film.

Zombie is a fan of the original and said he sought Carpenter's blessing.

"He said, 'That's awesome, go for it,"' Zombie said. "He was very supportive, which I thought was very important. I feel like 'Halloween' is his baby, and I wanted to be very respectful."

yahoo.com

slasherman
06-05-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by The STE

Needless to say, the movie will not pay heed to the numerous sequels. The last Halloween film, "Halloween: H20," came out in 1998.

..they didnt even get that right

The STE
06-05-2006, 04:07 PM
or they wanted to forget Bustah Rhymzeszezs kicking Michael through that window

bwind22
06-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by The STE
or they wanted to forget Bustah Rhymzeszezs kicking Michael through that window

I sure hope this turns out to be nothing more than another rumor (QT anyone?) because if they really end the franchise with Busta fuckin Rhymes kicking MM out a window I... I.... I don't know what, but I'll be pissed!

Elvis_Christ
06-05-2006, 06:26 PM
I think this will be really cool if it happens..... but it'll probably be just another rumour.

flabby_man22
06-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Dante'sInferno
Mesa going to fuck bitches up.:

holy shit, so funny i just fell out of my chair

i think i broke something

The STE
06-06-2006, 08:49 AM
could be worse: Michael Bay could be remaking it

Sick_As_Fuck
06-06-2006, 04:43 PM
I don't think it's a rumor. Why would Zombie himself be writing about it on his blog and telling MTV News if that were the case?

I also don't understand all of the negativity from y'all. We all knew another "Halloween" was coming one way or the other. At least it's coming from someone who sounds like he has a genuine concern for the series and the original producer's son. Personally I can't wait to see this.

Zero
06-07-2006, 08:02 AM
OK - imagine for a minute that this is true - Rob Zombie is remaking/reimagining Halloween. . . and, imagine for just a moment that Mr. Zombie calls you up on the telephone and says "what can I do to make this a totally new, totally exciting, totally terrifying film, but also respectful to the original" . . . what would you say?

Spaceman Spiff
06-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Zero
OK - imagine for a minute that this is true - Rob Zombie is remaking/reimagining Halloween. . . and, imagine for just a moment that Mr. Zombie calls you up on the telephone and says "what can I do to make this a totally new, totally exciting, totally terrifying film, but also respectful to the original" . . . what would you say?

I'd call up Carpenter and get his opinion, which is what Zombie claims to have done.

If it's good, then we get a decent horror flick that isn't aimed at 13-year-olds, and if it's bad they'll just ignore it and make another in the original series.

MrShape
06-10-2006, 02:35 PM
yeah, there was a lotta scuttlebut about this at the last Fango Con. Seems Rob's site is saying no, but Dimension is saying yes. I dunno. As a Halloween fan, I had thought that H20 was a great way to end the series on a high note, so I wasn't too keen on Halloween: Erection or whatever it was called, but I found myself enjoying it a little bit more then expected for a sequel nobody wanted (again, helps to have low expectations). So I don't know about this project. Maybe Rob's got something to good to do with it.

Zero
06-11-2006, 02:06 PM
the rumor i heard - from a guy who knows a guy who works in an office where someone is helping with the script (and, to be totally honest, that is exactly the chain of the rumor - no joking)

RZ wants to make Michael a 'real person' and eliminate the mystical, supernatural, indestructible side - more a focus on Michael as a twisted and demented person. . . i also heard that he plans to elminate the whole 'returning home' theme and just have Michael go on a rampage killing babysitters. . .

so says the monkey!

horrorobsessed
06-11-2006, 02:31 PM
do i have to say how much this pisses me off! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! why are they doing this? Halloween wasn't made that long ago. i am fucking pissed off.

Femme Fatale
06-11-2006, 04:21 PM
This is a situation where we will have to wait and see. I'm curious to see what Rob Zombie does with this reimagining of "Halloween". You never know...it could turn out to be a good film.

horrorobsessed
06-11-2006, 05:15 PM
it could be good..........................but i'm not holding my breath.

Kelthebrave
06-12-2006, 05:32 AM
i have mixed feelings about this, more negative than positive :-)

Yellow Jacket
06-15-2006, 03:05 AM
I don't know what to make of this. For starters, I love Rob Zombie and his work! Bot House of 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects are on my top 100 list. And, like IDrinkYourBlood said, I'd rather have Zombie, a director I can trust, remake one of my favorites than another Fog piece of shit! On the other hand, I don't want to see Halloween get remade, whatsoever. LEAVE IT THE FUCK ALONE!!!

I'll make up my mind soon. Hopefully!

Sick_As_Fuck
06-15-2006, 06:45 PM
Whether you, I, or anyone else want it to be remade or not is irrelevent. Looks like it's for sure coming, so we should all save the negativity until it's actually released. Personally, like I already stated above, I'm actually really looking forward to see what Zombie does with it.

Yeti.13
06-24-2006, 04:12 PM

Er kill Michael in the 1st 5 mins and any one that looks like Jamie Lee Curtis, put in a whole other buch of characters with swords and chainsaws, have naked females aliens attack, Tom Cruise turns up to save the world yet again but unfortunatly vanishes up his own ass, then have blood sucking zombie hamsters come up out the storm drains wearing Stormtrooper outfits who kill everyone with acidic pus that jets out of their eyes, then they kick back have a game of twister, smoke crack reanimate the big titted ladies have a bit of a love in then fade to a pretty sunrise with Rob Zombies "Superbeast" playing over the end credits.

Yeah that should do it!:D Well maybe missed out the respecful to the original part, but close enough.

Miss Olivia
06-24-2006, 11:02 PM
That sounds like the best movie ever. Only instead of just Tom disappearing up his own ass, there should be like a rift in the time space continuum up his ass, which threatens to suck up the whole WORLD until Stephen Geoffreys sacrifices himself to the Astral Ass-Crack rift, sealing it and saving everybody....and then they can pack them up in a wooden box like they did the Ark at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark and put them in a warehouse full of boxes.....

Oh hell, see what you started?:rolleyes:

makemebad
07-10-2006, 07:49 PM
very interested to see what he is going to do with this

Zero
07-11-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Yeti.13
Er kill Michael in the 1st 5 mins and any one that looks like Jamie Lee Curtis, put in a whole other buch of characters with swords and chainsaws, have naked females aliens attack, Tom Cruise turns up to save the world yet again but unfortunatly vanishes up his own ass, then have blood sucking zombie hamsters come up out the storm drains wearing Stormtrooper outfits who kill everyone with acidic pus that jets out of their eyes, then they kick back have a game of twister, smoke crack reanimate the big titted ladies have a bit of a love in then fade to a pretty sunrise with Rob Zombies "Superbeast" playing over the end credits.

Yeah that should do it!:D Well maybe missed out the respecful to the original part, but close enough.

cool - i'll pass that on to Rob. . . you never know Yeti might get a writing credit!!

Yeti.13
07-11-2006, 02:15 PM
cool - i'll pass that on to Rob. . . you never know Yeti might get a writing credit!!

Or I could even get offered some other classic horror to wreck all by myself! But hey people would still go and see it just to see how awful it was compared to original, it's like owning your own money making machine!!!
Hey anyone up for remaking Nightmare On Elm Street, it is 22 years old so long overdue for a crap remake!!:D Or Hostel, I reckon it needs some more nudity!

CHRIS24
07-11-2006, 10:08 PM
iM GETTING SO IRITTADED HEARING ALL ABOUT THESE DAMN REMAKES ARE ALL THE RICH ASS HOLLYWOOD PEOPLE JUST GETTING LAZY, NAH ON THE OTHER HAND ITS AN EASY WAY TO MAKE A COUPLE MILLION IN THERE POCKETS. iF THERE IS ANY HOLLOWEEN MOVIE TO REMAKE SHIT REMAKE THE THIRD ONE WHERE THERE WAS NO MICHAEL MYERS IN THE PLOT,STORY, ECT.... JUST KEEP THE STUPID STORY THROW MICHAEL IN THERE WEARING ONE OF THOSE STUPID MASKS THAT ENDS UP BLOWING HIS HEAD UP.

Posher778
07-12-2006, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by CHRIS24
iM GETTING SO IRITTADED HEARING ALL ABOUT THESE DAMN REMAKES ARE ALL THE RICH ASS HOLLYWOOD PEOPLE JUST GETTING LAZY, NAH ON THE OTHER HAND ITS AN EASY WAY TO MAKE A COUPLE MILLION IN THERE POCKETS. iF THERE IS ANY HOLLOWEEN MOVIE TO REMAKE SHIT REMAKE THE THIRD ONE WHERE THERE WAS NO MICHAEL MYERS IN THE PLOT,STORY, ECT.... JUST KEEP THE STUPID STORY THROW MICHAEL IN THERE WEARING ONE OF THOSE STUPID MASKS THAT ENDS UP BLOWING HIS HEAD UP.

Or we could remake the third one and put you in it and kill you for using caps lock all the time.

Angra
07-12-2006, 05:57 AM
Rob Zombie..... Halloween.....

I hate it already..

crazy raplh
07-12-2006, 11:11 PM
I am down with that

spawn69
07-14-2006, 12:33 PM
rob zombie isnt a horrible director he only messed up on the devils rejects but if he keeps the same miechal (no talking) and not put to much gor and make it sadistically twisted like house of a thaousand corpses then it should turn out to be an ok hollaween movie

makemebad
07-14-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by spawn69
rob zombie isnt a horrible director he only messed up on the devils rejects but if he keeps the same miechal (no talking) and not put to much gor and make it sadistically twisted like house of a thaousand corpses then it should turn out to be an ok hollaween movie

no offense but are you young??

The spelling is awful

and many fans would disagree on you saying he messed up on devils rejects

Zero
07-14-2006, 01:43 PM
Or Hostel, I reckon it needs some more nudity!

hubba hubba!!

Angelakillsluts
07-14-2006, 07:14 PM
I want to see what is in Rob Zombie's twisted mind, enough with the tributes, homages, rehashed ideas and remakes.

spawn69
07-15-2006, 09:32 AM
ya im 4 and what does it matter if my spelliing is bad as long as it gets the point and when i said he messed up on the devils reject i meant he softened up from house of 1000 corpses there wasnt enough gore in the devils rejects

p.s. im not 4

makemebad
07-15-2006, 10:18 AM
ya im 4 and what does it matter if my spelliing is bad as long as it gets the point and when i said he messed up on the devils reject i meant he softened up from house of 1000 corpses there wasnt enough gore in the devils rejects

p.s. im not 4

I thought they were about the same in gore and the gore wasn't very much. More then your slasher flick though

I did however enjoy House of 1000 Corpses much more

spawn69
07-15-2006, 03:10 PM
ya everyne knows that house of 1000 corpses was better and whats wrong with my slasher flick huh

makemebad
07-15-2006, 05:19 PM
ya everyne knows that house of 1000 corpses was better and whats wrong with my slasher flick huh

lol not you

"your slasher flick" the phrase

alkytrio666
07-15-2006, 05:34 PM

Yah, he sure messed up. Damn fool created an original and fresh movie. Didn't remake anything. What a dumbass.

(:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

bloodrayne
07-15-2006, 07:56 PM
there wasnt enough gore in the devils rejects I have to agree with this statement....The kills were lame, and there were too few of them....Too much wasted time on bullshit in this one...

spawn69
07-15-2006, 07:56 PM
hes not a dumbass i just think that rob is too sick and twisted in his head to direct a movie like holloween with a character who i yhink never really kills people in a gory way

spawn69
07-15-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
I have to agree with this statement....The kills were lame, and there were too few of them....Too much wasted time on bullshit in this one...

ya thats very much true i wish he could keep all of
his movies not remakes very gory with lots of blood and cool but not cheesy ways of killing people

Angra
07-17-2006, 03:56 AM
YOU SICK AMERICANS!!

AUSTIN316426808
07-17-2006, 05:50 AM
I don't have a problem with Rob Zombie but I think a Halloween movie is more up Aja's alley who was attached first. Like I said, no problem with Zombie and I'm interested to see what he's got in mind.

CHRIS24
07-17-2006, 04:56 PM
its going to be overly produced to much money is going to be put into this and its going to look like a piece of crap, and while we are at lets just remake all the 80s slasher flicks like jason and freddy jeesh this is sad if hollywood cant come up with anything fresh then we are in for a world of hurt

a mccuaig
07-17-2006, 09:44 PM
rob zombie isn't who I would want to remake halloween. actually, I don't want anyone to remake the movie! come on people! think of something different. I kept noticing how remakes of horror movies are more popular than original horror movies, I find that sad. If rob zombie can think he can make movies, create one, don't steal someone elses. Besides, he's already ripped off the texas chainsaw, might as well throw in the towel right there. leave halloween alone!!

crazy raplh
07-18-2006, 09:43 AM
all in all till we see it it is hard to judge it.

Disease
07-18-2006, 09:45 AM
if thus rob zombie helloween movie comes out, well what do you expect look at those little rich pricks running around remakeing every horror film they saw as a teenager ,... even as i write this im listening to faith no mores remake of pigs!

a mccuaig
07-18-2006, 12:23 PM
I know, I know, opinons are like assholes..
thank god I have one!

makemebad
07-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by a mccuaig
rob zombie isn't who I would want to remake halloween. actually, I don't want anyone to remake the movie! come on people! think of something different. I kept noticing how remakes of horror movies are more popular than original horror movies, I find that sad. If rob zombie can think he can make movies, create one, don't steal someone elses. Besides, he's already ripped off the texas chainsaw, might as well throw in the towel right there. leave halloween alone!!

he didn't rip off TCM!

Angelakillsluts
07-19-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by makemebad
he didn't rip off TCM!

sure he did.

Yeti.13
07-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Angelakillsluts
sure he did.

Oh no he didn't!!!

(sorry just being childish:D )

horrorobsessed
07-21-2006, 06:30 PM
i still can't believe this. i mean i haven't seen The Devil's Rejects, but i've seen House of 1000 Corpses and i liked it. but no matter how much i love rob zombie, i mean i went to see him in concert, i just can't trust him not to screw up my most beloved character. it pains me. thankfully i've calmed down though, i thought my heart was going to explode the first time i read about it.

makemebad
07-21-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Angelakillsluts
sure he did.

There is a difference in using elements from horror movies and ripping it off. He did not rip it off

I hate when people say this movie is a rip of of TMC

Yeti.13
07-22-2006, 02:58 PM
There is a difference in using elements from horror movies and ripping it off. He did not rip it off

I hate when people say this movie is a rip of of TMC

I would have to agree. Some people seem to be unable to judge a film on it's own merits and if they can compare it to something else they will. This would appear to especially be the case if you don't like the film in question. Let's be honest there are very few films that are truley original and not influenced by anything else. I just find it sad, if you don't like something fine but don't blow things out of proportion, the majority of films you like had influence from earlier films.

makemebad
07-22-2006, 04:32 PM
I would have to agree. Some people seem to be unable to judge a film on it's own merits and if they can compare it to something else they will. This would appear to especially be the case if you don't like the film in question. Let's be honest there are very few films that are truley original and not influenced by anything else. I just find it sad, if you don't like something fine but don't blow things out of proportion, the majority of films you like had influence from earlier films.

Exactly

a mccuaig
07-25-2006, 05:24 PM
I'm glad I could get that out..thank you. I have to admit though, rob zombie did try very hard. Just not hard enough to make a true original picture..although I did like the ending to corpses. He did also add some interesting characters, but come on...anyway, i'm sure I'll just end up going to another redundant movie, like everybody else.

CHRIS24
07-25-2006, 06:26 PM
ya know whats funny is where the hell did dr. death go in the sequel did he up and leave shop.

nightchild
08-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Hey Chris, are you talking about Dr. Satan? I was wondering the same thing. Not even a mention of him in Rejects.

BloodRedFlower
08-04-2006, 09:01 AM
I like Rob Zombie's movies and his music as well... so... I can't wait to see this oneeee!!!

If only someone thought of doing the same with Freddy... he was such a great character and the sequels KILLED him, made him a damn clown, bah. What a waste.

Bring Freddy back, with his true evilness preferably! :mad:

Arioch
08-06-2006, 07:05 PM
I am FLOORED by this news......absolutely insane.....

Angelakillsluts
08-06-2006, 07:47 PM

if you say so.

BloodRedFlower
08-07-2006, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by omcdave
hmm a nightmare on elm street remake or a good new part too that makes sence and will not suck?

Hmmmm... well, in this case I think a remake couldn't possibly be worse than the original, so maybe a remake of the sequels (not of the first). But a remake implies using the same story, so I'm not sure if that would satisfy me...

What I think it would really rock was: to forget there were ever sequels and start off from the first NOES, building a whole new story, with decent acting, directing and real SCARES!

Ooky_Kabuki
08-08-2006, 10:48 PM
I think he will do a good job though I don't really like remakes. If there has to be a remake I'm glad he is the one doing it.

MichaelMyers63
08-13-2006, 01:16 PM
Rob Zombie is to direct a remake of
John Carpenter's classic 1978 slasher film Halloween. The former White Zombie singer will begin work on the film shortly, which is scheduled for release in October 2007.
ADVERTISEMENT

Zombie has previously directed House Of 1000 Corpses in 2003 and The Devil's Rejects in 2005.

Speaking to Yahoo!, Zombie revealed that his version won't just be a retread of the original.

He said: "I basically went back and just came up with the idea of basically--not essentially a remake, but a very extended prequel, sort of combined with an update, say, of the first film.

"You're starting from scratch but in sort of a more detailed way. That's the way I thought it would be exciting for fans of the original, because it's not just the same old thing, and it would be exciting for people that never saw the original."

The original Halloween followed a masked murderer named Michael Myers who returns to his hometown to begin a new killing spree decades after being committed to an asylum.

Zombie said that other characters from the original, in addition to Myers, would appear in his script, which is in its early stages.

The singer is also set to contribute a story to the forthcoming graphic novel Spookshow International.

MichaelMyers63
08-13-2006, 01:19 PM
As the undisputed biggest fan of halloween i say that it is wat the halloween fans of the world need. I mean come on u dont want the last instalment of halloween to have no meaning

MichaelMyers63
08-13-2006, 01:22 PM
It would be crazy to want the last film to have busta rymes man handdling haddonfields and americas most death defieing serial killer ever

Posher778
08-13-2006, 01:42 PM
WOW! That's so cool. Old fucking news is so exciting. There's a thread for this.

Manic1511
08-13-2006, 01:49 PM
i heard he was doing the movie from he michael was a child?? but who knows..

MichaelMyers63
08-13-2006, 01:50 PM
Im just reimagining that thread and re opening conversation

dick weed

Manic1511
08-13-2006, 01:50 PM
-he +when

Manic1511
08-13-2006, 01:51 PM
ok calm down..

MichaelMyers63
08-13-2006, 01:52 PM
it dosnt matter when or how rob tweaks the movie up , it was bound to happen

Manic1511
08-13-2006, 01:53 PM
yeah

MichaelMyers63
08-13-2006, 01:55 PM
i just hope that he dosnt make the move a gore fest like he did his other ones. halloween isnt known for guts spraying out of peoples chests

Posher778
08-13-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by MichaelMyers63
Im just reimagining that thread and re opening conversation

dick weed

Why? That's the point of the other thread... you could've just "reimagined" in there.....

MichaelMyers63
08-13-2006, 02:12 PM
i like to make my own original thread (no need for further comments)

MichaelMyers63
08-13-2006, 02:15 PM
its amazing that someone is going to take the time to re due a classic movie and personally i will be at the movies opening night to watch this installment

alkytrio666
08-13-2006, 02:28 PM
its amazing that someone is going to take the time to re due a classic movie and personally i will be at the movies opening night to watch this installment

Well say hello to the fucking losers and preteen girls for me.

alkytrio666
08-13-2006, 02:29 PM
I can see the credits now.

Based on the 1978 movie by John Carpenter

"Wait...this movie is a remake?!"

"Who the hell is John Carpenter?!"

AUSTIN316426808
08-13-2006, 02:53 PM
i like to make my own original thread (no need for further comments)

It's not original if there's already another thread, it's a remake, which as we all know are useless and unwanted.

MichaelMyers63
08-13-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by alkytrio666
Well say hello to the fucking losers and preteen girls for me.

ok bitch let me lower myself to your dumbass self.
you see its people like you who dont under stand the visions of the people like me. Now if you still fined halloween the original to be frightening you are a little girl scout bitch.Now i would love it if all of you clueless muther fuckers would respectfully decline my visions.

Posher778
08-13-2006, 03:06 PM
wow... The only thing that would be frightening about your remake shit is if it actually happened. go away.

MichaelMyers63
08-13-2006, 03:09 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
It's not original if there's already another thread, it's a remake, which as we all know are useless and unwanted. [/QU

you say this but do you see the conversation and strong feelings going into this ''re-make'' thread

MichaelMyers63
08-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Posher778
wow... The only thing that would be frightening about your remake shit is if it actually happened. go away.

this will happen as long as the are movies to be remade

Posher778
08-13-2006, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
It's not original if there's already another thread, it's a remake, which as we all know are useless and unwanted. [/QU

you say this but do you see the conversation and strong feelings going into this ''re-make'' thread

Look.......

shut up.

AUSTIN316426808
08-13-2006, 03:21 PM

Yeah, same thing would've happened in the other thread, besides, the point was that I don't like that the movies are remade. Main reason being that I'd rather have something new, not reinvention or homage, new.

MichaelMyers63
08-13-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
Yeah, same thing would've happened in the other thread, besides, the point was that I don't like that the movies are remade. Main reason being that I'd rather have something new, not reinvention or homage, new.

thank you for your civil decline, i am now done with this thread

halloweenfreak1
08-13-2006, 04:27 PM
hey man every 1 already knows this

jq14
08-15-2006, 09:07 AM
I think as a serious horror movie buff (Halloween got me started into this genre) that they need to go back and tap into the Michael Myers of "the Curse of Michael Myers" I think that installment was the 6th movie. Anyway he had a set of nuts on him in that movie. It was by far the darkest and most badass since the first 2. As far as Ressurection goes.....didn't any of the big time movie company read the script on that piece of shit before deciding..oh yeah that will make a great movie.

alkytrio666
08-15-2006, 09:22 AM
Ahahahahahaha.

I think this is my favorite thread of all time.

alkytrio666
08-15-2006, 09:24 AM
ok bitch let me lower myself to your dumbass self.
you see its people like you who dont under stand the visions of the people like me. Now if you still fined halloween the original to be frightening you are a little girl scout bitch.Now i would love it if all of you clueless muther fuckers would respectfully decline my visions.

Okay, bitch, let me give it to you straight.

You're a moron.

It's people like you who are fucking this genre up. Maybe I am a little girl scout bitch because I enjoy originality in films. But you're the one that every one of us hates, the kind of person who calls himself/herself a horror fan, but doesn't even respect the fucking genre.

Think about it.

...bitch.

joshaube
08-15-2006, 09:29 AM
This thread is my new bookmark. XD MichaelMyers63... wow... you're just... wow.

urgeok
08-15-2006, 09:37 AM
hey, i have a crazy idea, lets keep this horseshit off of the forum.

The_Return
08-15-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
hey, i have a crazy idea, lets keep this horseshit off of the forum.

Little opposed to the remake idea?

:p

Vodstok
08-15-2006, 09:47 AM
Thread "remake" with someone obviously posting a conversation with themself?

I sense someone who ordered himself a "secret admirer" rose every valentines day....

back on topic (i guess)... your "visions"? Holy crapwords can't describe what a tool you are. You have no vision. You are an overexcited fanboy (haddonfield il, thats where you are? very original. Let me guess, you have a Jason Voorhees account that lives at Camp Crystal Lake...) that got pisse dthat no one cared enough to respond to your thread, then got even more pissed when they interjected into your little back-and-forth with yourself.

Why dont you just go to IMDB.com and spam their forums? thos eones are useless anyway, you'll fit right in.

urgeok
08-15-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by The_Return
Little opposed to the remake idea?

:p

no - i meant the fighting and name calling ..

that can stay in the general forum ..