PDA

View Full Version : X-Men Spinoffs

Prelude95Si
06-02-2006, 05:46 PM
New Details on the X-Men Spinoffs
Source: USA Today June 1, 2006

USA Today has published an update on the various "X-Men" spinoffs in the works, including Wolverine, Magneto, one on the kids and another on Emma Frost. The newspaper's scoop:

The first spinoff will be Hugh Jackman's Wolverine. His character has an as-yet-unrevealed back story in which researchers replaced his original bones with a metal skeleton. Jackman has signed on to star and co-produce, and X-Men producer Lauren Shuler Donner says it will likely head into production next year.

"We've also talked about doing something on the kids in (Professor X's) school, focusing on their lives, and less of a global adventure for the team," says Hutch Parker, production president of 20th Century Fox.

The studio is also exploring a movie with Three Kings director David O. Russell based on the character of Emma Frost, a sexy mutant telepath who can transform her skin into diamonds. She is an X-Men comics regular but was not featured in the movies.

Another likely solo project: Magneto, also in the script phase. The film will focus on his youthful pre-villain days, Shuler Donner says.

Though it would require a younger actor for those sequences, she says the film would need Ian McKellen to anchor the flashbacks. "What's a Magneto movie without Ian?" she asks.

We'll be following all the projects closely.

Prelude95Si
08-15-2006, 07:10 AM
Shuler Donner on X-Men 4 and More
Source: LA Daily News August 14, 2006

"X-Men" executive producer Lauren Shuler Donner talked to LA Daily News about X-Men 4, for which they would have to renegotiate with the bigger stars, and also Wolverine and Magneto:

"The newer cast members are signed, and the older cast members are not." Considering the older names involved -- Halle Berry, Hugh Jackman, Rebecca Romijn, Famke Janssen and Anna Paquin -- that could run into a huge chunk of money.

All that's putting the cart before the wolverine, of course, since Hugh Jackman is set to reprise his role as the manicure-challenged mutant superhero in his own film. "Next, we're going to do 'Wolverine,' but not before the end of the year because he's in the Baz Luhrmann film," she says of the filmmaker's untitled Australian epic with Nicole Kidman. However, "We have the script and are working on it."

Shuler Donner reports, "We also have 'Young Magneto' in development."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Considering how bad X3 was I'm not too exicted about this news.

urgeok
08-15-2006, 08:36 AM
a wolverine spin-off would be great.

lets face it - he's the only x-men people really give a shit about.

the comic was spun off as well ...the readers feel the same way ..

Vodstok
08-15-2006, 08:52 AM
There are plenty of characters from the series that would make interesting movies. Why not? They made Electra....

Not to mention characters that didnt make it into the movies. Deadpool would make a great movie.

Colossus is pretty deep. Nightcrawler. Hell, i would be first inline for a psylocke movie.

urgeok
08-15-2006, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
There are plenty of characters from the series that would make interesting movies. Why not? They made Electra....

isnt she a daredevil spinoff first and foremost ?

Vodstok
08-15-2006, 09:08 AM
yeah, i meant they bothered to take a spinoff from a far less popular character, and a much worse movie and make a movie out of it...

The least they could do is explore some of the more interesting characters.

urgeok
08-15-2006, 09:13 AM
yeah, i meant they bothered to take a spinoff from a far less popular character, and a much worse movie and make a movie out of it...

The least they could do is explore some of the more interesting characters.

wolverine is a canadian ..

doesnt get much more interesting than that :)

newb
08-15-2006, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by urgeok

doesnt get much more interesting than that :)

I could sure go for a Labatts eh!Where the fuck am I....and what happened to my clothes?

http://www.homestead.com/jasonpaulhamus/files/comics/photowolverine1.jpg

Vodstok
08-15-2006, 09:25 AM

doesnt get much more interesting than that :) No kidding.

"Hey! Hoser! Where's the Molson plant, eh? I got bit by a beaver!"

:D

newb
08-15-2006, 09:27 AM
No kidding.

"Hey! Hoser! Where's the Molson plant, eh? I got bit by a beaver!"

:D

I myself, prefer to bite the beaver.

urgeok
08-15-2006, 09:55 AM
if i were you guys i wouldnt start making fun of our beer ...

(labatts and molsons is crap, i'll give you that ... but american beer ? thats just a weak watery laxitive !)

coors silver bullet ?
more like the brown express !

Vodstok
08-15-2006, 09:57 AM
Hey, i never claimed 90% of american wasnt dog piss.

I drink coors light basically because it is cheap and is a light fille rin between real beer. kinda liike water , only bad for you.

personally, i prefer my beer from europe or south of the border, although those bostonians make some good beer (SAm Adams)

urgeok
08-15-2006, 10:01 AM
the first sam adams i had many years ago .. was good .. had a rich micro-brewery taste to it.

last one i had a couple of years ago didnt taste the same ..

i prefer micro-brewery beers ..or some foreign beers when i drink anything at all .. i probably dont have more than 7 - 8 beer a year now ..

i also like guiness though .. which is odd for a non beer drinker ..

newb
08-15-2006, 10:09 AM
the first sam adams i had many years ago .. was good .. had a rich micro-brewery taste to it.

last one i had a couple of years ago didnt taste the same ..

i prefer micro-brewery beers ..or some foreign beers when i drink anything at all .. i probably dont have more than 7 - 8 beer a year now ..

i also like guiness though .. which is odd for a non beer drinker ..

Sam Adams has many flavors and most consistently good.I am more of a micro-brew fan in my mature years.7 - 8 beers a year is about all i drink as well.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

urgeok
08-15-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by newb
Sam Adams has many flavors and most consistently good.I am more of a micro-brew fan in my mature years.7 - 8 beers a year is about all i drink as well.

7 - 8 beers an hour ? :D

Zero
08-15-2006, 11:05 AM
7-8 truckloads of beer a year

a mccuaig
08-15-2006, 11:33 AM
mmmmm...beer and x-men, that's sexy

Prelude95Si
10-16-2006, 08:55 AM
Jackman Says Wolverine Script is Ready
Source: Heather Newgen October 15, 2006

ComingSoon.net/Superhero Hype! caught up with The Prestige star Hugh Jackman, who gave us an update on his upcoming "X-Men" spinoff, Wolverine.

"We've now signed off on the script. If you know about the history of 'X-Men' movies, that's a revolution for us. We're a year away from shooting the film and we have the script," Jackman said. "And, by the way, it is unbelievable. It's a David Benioff script. He's probably the hottest writer going around town, and he was beating down our door to write this movie. It was the most amazing thing. So, we have this fantastic script. I've got a couple of movies coming out in the next month, and I might be able to tell you who the director is by then. We're seriously into talking about it now."

He added that Wolverine will definitely be a prequel but will not follow the Japanese storyline that comic books have addressed.

"At present, no. That is still something we really want to do. What we need to do is establish who he is and find out how he became Wolverine," he explained.

Jackman said he is also interested in making a sequel to Wolverine. "I'm not ruling it out," he smiled.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Soounds like Jackman doesn't mind getting type casted.

PhilnEdee
10-16-2006, 09:32 AM
Well, since the last Xmen blew goats balls so bad...I think a good..dark Wolverine movie would be great. Hugh Jackman def. does the character justice. If its a prequel, wouldn't it be cool to have him going after the Wendingo or even the Hulk?(Rumors of the Hulk vs. Wendingo in Hulk 2)
Also, I'm all for an Xmen 4, bring out that Nimrod thing from the future, make the Juggernaut be more like in the comic and have them just kill all of the Xmen in the first 15minutes,except for Wolverine...let him be up in Canada hunting or something. Make the rest of the movie be about Magneto in the nursing home moving bed pans around-where's his kids? (Quicksilver would be a nice addition to the movies-I hear there is a Flash in the works with Ryan Reynolds?-anyone hear this?)
Xmen 4:the last of the BS. One thing to change up some things, another to just rewrite the whole history...the way the Xmen has gone,why not make Peter Parker be the Hulk, or have Superman come over from DC and be a Mutant?
Sorry...can you tell I was pissed at Xmen 3? :mad:

Another thing on beer, anyone try that new (to me)Steel Reserve beer? Had some this weekend, 6% alcohol, got a great taste.

the_real_linda
10-18-2006, 06:43 PM
i wanna see something with gambit in

http://www.mcchrissource.com/wallpapers/gambit.jpg

Prelude95Si
10-18-2006, 07:19 PM
i wanna see something with gambit in

http://www.mcchrissource.com/wallpapers/gambit.jpg

You know Gambit was supposed to be in X3 but they decisided to sub for some made-up mutants.

Doc Faustus
10-20-2006, 07:35 PM
Gambit's ten pounds of plot in a five pound bag. Kind of a liability when it comes to writing a movie with as much crammed in it as X-3, but, I was hoping he'd show up. On another subject, nobody on Earth could stop me from seeing an Emma Frost movie. I will admit to her being about my biggest fictional character crush. But, she too, drags a huge cloak of plot behind her, which would make her easy to mess up. Her own film would lionize her a bit too much. Antiheroes like her, Gambit and Deadpool are sort of rough for writers tying in to franchises. It's why we'll never see a Batman movie with Azrael for example.