PDA

View Full Version : King Kong Peter Jackson style

HappyCamper
12-17-2003, 05:32 PM
Hey, i just read on IMDB that Peter Jackson is going to be producing a remake the 1933 'King Kong'. I'll go see it when it comes out in 2005

moonsorrow
12-17-2003, 06:43 PM
same guy who directed lord of the rings?
and braindead... wonder why they chose him
"from the director of braindead"... it worked out niceley though

avenger00soul
12-17-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by HappyCamper
Hey, i just read on IMDB that Peter Jackson is going to be producing a remake the 1933 'King Kong'. I'll go see it when it comes out in 2005

He's directing it too. Naomi Watts is supposed to star.

mudsliptones
12-18-2003, 12:38 AM
yep and after that he maybe doing "the hobbit"
another JRR tolkien book

avenger00soul
12-18-2003, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by mudsliptones
yep and after that he maybe doing "the hobbit"
another JRR tolkien book

I heard about this as well. I wonder who will play the hobbit. Ian Holm is too damn old.

Ratzziel
12-18-2003, 09:09 AM
With a lot of make up .... might work !!!
He he he !

That would be nice... he was good playing Bilbo !

avenger00soul
12-18-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Ratzziel
With a lot of make up .... might work !!!
He he he !

That would be nice... he was good playing Bilbo !

He was good. I suppose if they could do if for Anthony Hopkinds, why not?

Seeing-red
12-22-2003, 02:18 PM
There was a rumour that Peter Jackson was going to make a zombie movie but it highly unlikly.

HappyCamper
12-22-2003, 05:43 PM
yeah i had heard he was thinking about doing a sequel to Dead Alive. i hope not though cause the first one was awesome...don't fix what ain't broke

avenger00soul
12-23-2003, 10:53 AM
Here's the latest:

"Peter Jackson has promised his blockbuster remake of King Kong will honor the 1933 original B-Movie classic. The New-Zealander has made the remake his next project, after the ultra- successful Lord Of The Rings trilogy - and he has vowed to treat the story the same way he did JRR Tolkien's Lord Of The Rings novels. He says, "We are trying to honor the original film. We are going to approach it with very much the same feeling as Lord of the Rings, trying to do it with integrity, to make it feel real and to make the emotions feel real." The director planned to make King Kong before tackling Lord Of The Rings, but the movie was axed by Hollywood studios Universal before he could get it off the ground. But Jackson insists he isn't bitter about the experience: "It's hard to feel that. And the entire group of executives at Universal that canned Kong isn't there anymore because they subsequently all got fired themselves." King Kong will be filmed in New Zealand and is scheduled for release in 2005. English-born, Australian-raised actress Naomi Watts is expected to be among the starring cast, as well as several members of Jackson's Lord Of The Rings cast."

HappyCamper
12-23-2003, 12:37 PM
awesome!