PDA

View Full Version : "Grind House" coming Easter 2007

phantomstranger
05-19-2006, 01:26 PM
Dimension to Release Grind House on Easter
Source: Dimension Films
May 19, 2006

Dimension Films has announced that Grind House, a collaboration from directors Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez, will be released in theaters Easter weekend, 2007. The announcement was made today by Bob Weinstein, co-chairman of Dimension Films.

"The Easter holiday was a record-breaking weekend for Dimension this year with 'Scary Movie 4,' and we are confident that 'Grind House' will do extremely well in this slot," said Bob Weinstein.

Dimension Films had major box office success on April 1, 2005 with Sin City, directed by Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller, and prior to that on April 16, 2004, when the Weinsteins released Tarantino's Kill Bill Vol. 2 through Miramax Films.

Grind House will include two individually shot genre films: Rodriguez's zombie movie, Planet Terror, and Tarantino's slasher flick, Death Proof. The features will be shot in the tradition of the 70s exploitation films and will be joined by faux movie trailers.

The ensemble cast for Rodriguez's Planet Terror includes Freddy Rodriguez, Rose McGowan, Josh Brolin, Marley Shelton, Michael Biehn, Stacy Ferguson, Jeff Fahey and Michael Parks.

The ensemble cast for Tarantino's Death Proof will be announced in the coming weeks.

Sandra Condito, vice president of production and development, Shannon McIntosh, executive vice president of production and post production and Richard Saperstein, president of production, will oversee the project on behalf of Dimension, reporting to Bob Weinstein.

The_Return
05-19-2006, 03:02 PM
A little disapointing to see the date pushed back, but still nice to see that this is back on track!

XFeaRX
05-21-2006, 07:46 PM
I think that the fake trailers in between movies are going to be awesome! I just got the feeling.

urgeok
05-22-2006, 07:35 PM
i cant wait to see what Rodriguez does with a zombie film ..

i wish he and tarantino would pair up for something again.

ItsAlive75
05-22-2006, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I'm still stoked to see this. Freddy Rodriguez was good in Dead Presidents, and Rose McGowan is just plain hot...

urgeok
05-22-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
Yeah, I'm still stoked to see this. Freddy Rodriguez was good in Dead Presidents, and Rose McGowan is just plain hot...

i loke the whole cast .. fahey is good with a decent director ... biehn is very solid ... even Josh Brolin can have a nice edge.

bwind22
05-22-2006, 11:01 PM
Yeah, I'm excited for the fake trailers too.

It sucks that we have to wait another year, but it'll be worth it, plus we've got some decent horror comng out between now and then to fill the gap.

Miss Olivia
05-23-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75

Yeah, too bad a twig has better acting skills than she does....

ItsAlive75
05-24-2006, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Miss Olivia
Yeah, too bad a twig has better acting skills than she does....

Dude, she was the bomb in Phantoms, yo.

ghostgirl38
05-24-2006, 08:34 AM
[COLOR=skyblue]:cool: That sounds really awesome. I can't wait. Quintin Taraentino and Robert Rodriguez thats got to be good.