PDA

View Full Version : Stir of Echoes 2

phantomstranger
05-16-2006, 11:23 PM
Rob Lowe to Star in Echoes Sequel
Source: Variety
May 16, 2006

Rob Lowe will star in sequel Stir of Echoes: The Dead Speak, to be produced and financed by Lionsgate, reports Variety.

Ernie Barbaresh wrote the script for and will direct the horror thriller, which begins shooting in mid-July in Toronto.

The film is a followup to the 1999 Kevin Bacon starrer Stir of Echoes, which was written and directed by David Koepp and based on a Richard Matheson novel.

The story revolves around a soldier who returns home from a tour of duty in Iraq only to be haunted by visions of the dead.

urgeok
05-17-2006, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by phantomstranger
Rob Lowe to Star in Echoes Sequel
Source: Variety
May 16, 2006

Rob Lowe will star in sequel Stir of Echoes: The Dead Speak, to be produced and financed by Lionsgate, reports Variety.

Ernie Barbaresh wrote the script for and will direct the horror thriller, which begins shooting in mid-July in Toronto.

The film is a followup to the 1999 Kevin Bacon starrer Stir of Echoes, which was written and directed by David Koepp and based on a Richard Matheson novel.

The story revolves around a soldier who returns home from a tour of duty in Iraq only to be haunted by visions of the dead.

in this one, Rob gets into a 3some with 2 underaged ghosts and catches it all on video tape.

Abominus
05-17-2006, 05:32 AM
Ka-pow!

Angra
05-17-2006, 08:29 AM
"Stir of Echoes 2" starring Rob Lowe.

Sure sounds like a movie made for cable.:rolleyes:

ItsAlive75
05-17-2006, 05:02 PM
Well hell, they're making Hollow Man 2 with Christian Slater, this only makes sense.

Angra
05-18-2006, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
Well hell, they're making Hollow Man 2 with Christian Slater, this only makes sense.

Yeah, nobody wants to work with Kevin Bacon twice.:D

urgeok
05-18-2006, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Angra
Yeah, nobody wants to work with Kevin Bacon twice.:D

bacon is one of the most unappreciated actors ever ..
probably of his unconventional looks ..

i thought this guy was brilliant since diner .
like a lot of other actors - he might take shit rolls - but he's always good.

urgeok
05-18-2006, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75

a sequel to a movie that fell immediately off the radar..
i bet verhoeven isnt at the helm of this one..

Angra
05-18-2006, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
bacon is one of the most unappreciated actors ever ..
probably of his unconventional looks ..

i thought this guy was brilliant since diner .
like a lot of other actors - he might take shit rolls - but he's always good.

Yeah, Kevin is cool.

Loved him in "Tremors".:cool:

_____V_____
05-18-2006, 07:34 AM
Bacon has done some really good work...I loved his squaring up with Cruise in "A Few Good Men", plus a few other movies.

As far as HM:2 is concerned, I think it ll suck. For the simple reason that it ll end up to be a CGI-bloated piece, without Verhoeven and Bacon.

Stir of Echoes 2...now that is interesting...will it have the same premise or...?

urgeok
05-18-2006, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by _____V_____
Bacon has done some really good work...I loved his squaring up with Cruise in "A Few Good Men", plus a few other movies.

As far as HM:2 is concerned, I think it ll suck. For the simple reason that it ll end up to be a CGI-bloated piece, without Verhoeven and Bacon.

Stir of Echoes 2...now that is interesting...will it have the same premise or...?

it'll face the same problem as most sequels based on a piece of decent fiction faces ..

'echos was written by the great richard matheson ... i can bet he's not writing the sequel ;)

_____V_____
05-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Eventually it ll end up being compared to the original and then stamped "Passable" or "Sucky"...:rolleyes: