PDA

View Full Version : Christmas gifts for YOU! ;)

Leslie Daher
12-17-2003, 04:05 AM
I wanted to throw out a couple of good horror flicks that are not extremely well known but are really good none the less IMO.

BRUISER~
A friend turned me onto this movie b/c we're both horror fans and we both like the misfits (they have a small part in the movie toward the end)
Interesting movie and somewhat hard to find. The movie is about a man who seems like nothing in his everyday life w/ career and relationship until something unusual happens and he gets to exact his revenge on those who've wronged him. It's a different kind or story and unique and it's by none other than GEORGE A. ROMERO! Also, if i may suggest, the misfits album FAMOUS MONSTERS is terrific and all about horror movies! I'd highly recommend picking it up. I love the song SATURDAY NIGHT! :)BRUISER~

THE UGLY~
I found this movie purely by accident and i absolutely LOVE it! It is very intense and creepy and an all around terrific story!I highly recommend this film to any horror fan. I don't think you'd be disapointed.

avenger00soul
12-17-2003, 07:24 AM
Both great films that aren't shown enough appreciation.

ds_spoon
12-17-2003, 08:34 AM
i must say i havent heard
of either the titles but i keep
an eye out for them and ill
write down what i thought
of them..

Aasiyan
12-17-2003, 08:37 AM
I haven't seen this movie for ever.

D'Lo
12-17-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Leslie Daher
I wanted to throw out a couple of good horror flicks that are not extremely well known but are really good none the less IMO.

BRUISER~
A friend turned me onto this movie b/c we're both horror fans and we both like the misfits (they have a small part in the movie toward the end)
Interesting movie and somewhat hard to find. The movie is about a man who seems like nothing in his everyday life w/ career and relationship until something unusual happens and he gets to exact his revenge on those who've wronged him. It's a different kind or story and unique and it's by none other than GEORGE A. ROMERO!

I saw the movie 'Bruiser' a couple of years ago. I thought it was a good movie, and was shocked I've really never heard anything about it before then or ever since. I liked the storyline and the lead guy with the expressionless white mask getting his revenge...

Leslie Daher
12-18-2003, 03:48 AM
yes, some very good titles! i love the use of color in the ugly and just the whole story and bruiser..to me that's one of those movies that just gets better after you think about it awhile...kinda like austin powers :)