PDA

View Full Version : Which game-to-movie adaptations are you looking forward to the most?

_____V_____
05-13-2006, 10:56 AM
Since Resident Evil hit the screens, with House of the Dead, Doom, Silent Hill etc., the new big idea for studios now is to "adapt" game storylines into successful movies (read as commercial success, not critical). Here's a list of coming ones :-

1 - Dead or Alive
2 - Far Cry
3 - God of War
4 - Halo
5 - Hitman
6 - The Suffering
7 - Resident Evil : Extinction
8 - Castlevania

I am curious about Dead or Alive, Halo and the Suffering, and Castlevania should be good if it concerns Dracula's origins...but the rest...who knows?

Start pulling your hair out and read this slowly..."Far Cry...is being made...into a movie...by...none other than...(take a guess)...(yes sadly you are right)...Uwe...Boll..."

alkytrio666
05-13-2006, 11:02 AM
None. I think game-to-movie adaptions are silly.

MisterSadistro
05-13-2006, 11:09 AM
Either 'Breakout' or 'Pong' :D
CK

alkytrio666
05-13-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by MisterSadistro
Either 'Breakout' or 'Pong' :D
CK

Hahaha. If 'Pong' was released, I'd see it.

Korpse
05-13-2006, 11:33 AM
If done well, Far Cry and Hitman would rule.

The STE
05-13-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Korpse
If done well, Far Cry and Hitman would rule.

yeah, but Uwe Boll is directing Far Cry, so it won't be done well.

If a GOOD director adapted Realms of the Haunting, it'd make a kick ass movie

Miss Olivia
05-13-2006, 01:42 PM
Frogger. Definitely Frogger.
Splat.

mothermold
05-13-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by _____V_____
Start pulling your hair out and read this slowly..."Far Cry...is being made...into a movie...by...none other than...(take a guess)...(yes sadly you are right)...Uwe...Boll..."

Yeah...abandon all hope for that one,anything that bastard touches turns to shit.

Shithead arsehole(Uwe Boll)also expressed interest in adapting Metal Gear Solid until Hideo Kojima told him to "get f#$ked".

He did'nt really say "get f@#ked" he said no way,but I like my wording better.At any rate that's one of the many reasons why Hideo's "The Man".

Video game:I could go with a good Donkey Kong adaptation.

_____V_____
05-14-2006, 01:47 AM
whew...thanking the stars MGS didnt fall into his hands...wtg Kojima ^5s...

Uwe really needs lessons...he should watch some other directors at work and learn from em...sad thing is even low-budget indie directors are way ahead in paces than him...

Angra
05-16-2006, 03:41 AM
Fatal Frame
Forbidden Siren

noctuary
05-16-2006, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Angra
Fatal Frame
Forbidden Siren
I'd love to see this too. Well, I hated Siren, but Fatal Frame would be great. There've been rumors of a Fatal Frame adaptation for years now. I think it'd be awesome if they did it right.

urgeok
05-16-2006, 07:04 AM
Since Resident Evil hit the screens, with House of the Dead, Doom, Silent Hill etc., the new big idea for studios now is to "adapt" game storylines into successful movies (read as commercial success, not critical). Here's a list of coming ones :-

1 - Dead or Alive
2 - Far Cry
3 - God of War
4 - Halo
5 - Hitman
6 - The Suffering
7 - Resident Evil : Extinction
8 - Castlevania

honestly ? none.

I'd like to see a GOOD version of Quake that captures every nuance of the game.

and a funny version of Duke Nukem..

Angra
05-16-2006, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by noctuary
I'd love to see this too. Well, I hated Siren, but Fatal Frame would be great. There've been rumors of a Fatal Frame adaptation for years now. I think it'd be awesome if they did it right.

I hated Siren as well, but i´ve got high expectations about the movie.

And yes, it could take years before Fatal frame comes out. Last thing i read was, that they are rewriting the script.:(

cheebacheeba
05-16-2006, 09:18 AM
Agreed on Nukem...now that there could definately be a Campbell role...we all know why.

Blood 1&2 maybe

Max Payne, for sure...I'd like to see Clive Owen play him...it'd definately have to be handles right, a mixture of both movies with enough twists thrown in to keep the gamers guessing. The music would have to be spot on, and the whole thing would have to be chilling, and totally atmospheric, noir all the way...as dark as it gets. I'd wanna see him on the edge, and some truly spectacular stunts and gunplay. One can only hope the project is considered by Woo, before Boll.

_____V_____
05-16-2006, 09:26 AM
Max Payne would make a great movie, if handled well. The whole atmosphere of both parts was really kickass, esp the darkly drawn game movies.

They need a multi-faceted actor to play payne though, esp if they have to consider making MP:2, simply cuz of the romance between Max and Mona, and the conflicting feelings inside Max for Mona...

Clive Owen is a good choice...Colin Farrell will also be good although after seeing The Punisher, I think Thomas Jane may be a better suited Max...

cheebacheeba
05-16-2006, 09:37 AM
I've seen both sin city, and the punisher, I still lean towards Clive Owen. But hey...just my personal preference.

Say...I know I always shit on about the game, but...If they wanted to bring some oldskool to life, I'd TOTALLY go see a "flashback: the quest for identity" movie. Great plot, they'd just have to fuse it with the storyline of the rather shitty "fade to black", add a few new things here and there, and they could have a near-perfect sci-fi thriller...

Posher778
05-16-2006, 06:25 PM
Pacman.

ItsAlive75
05-16-2006, 06:44 PM
Castlevania could be insanely good. Dead or Alive is gonna suck, the trailer I saw makes it look like a bad FOX show... remember She Spies?

Halo practically IS already a movie, and it seems to broad of scope to be a moderately good movie.

_____V_____
05-18-2006, 07:41 AM
ergh...read this...

Uwe Boll hitting back (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=62899)

He is making "Dungeon Siege" :mad:...

Jacob Singer
05-18-2006, 12:58 PM
maybe Metal Gear and Fatal Frame, but if it became something like Resident evil 2 ..... I prefer to keep playin' it on Ps2 (or 3)

The_Return
05-18-2006, 02:07 PM
ergh...read this...

Uwe Boll hitting back (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=62899)

He is making "Dungeon Siege" :mad:...

Man, you are so far behind on your news it's not even funny. The movie is in post-production, has been for awhile. It's a shame to see such a great cast inevitably go to waste...

Dante'sInferno
05-18-2006, 02:28 PM
Hitman
The Suffering
Halo
and maybe God of War.

cheebacheeba
05-18-2006, 07:03 PM
and maybe God of War.
Seems like WWE's Kane is trying out for the part:rolleyes:
Yeah...god of war would be pretty good....god damn would it need some kinda huge budget on it though....the sets, the monsters, the effects, all huge.

Yeah, too damn bad about the walking fuck-up getting his hands on dungeon siege...but yeah, old news.

_____V_____
05-19-2006, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by The_Return
Man, you are so far behind on your news it's not even funny. The movie is in post-production, has been for awhile. It's a shame to see such a great cast inevitably go to waste...

Actually I was doing a search for Dungeon Siege cheatcodes on google, and it came up with that link...after AITD I havent bothered about Uwe Boll at all, besides I was gone for a year for my graduation exams remember?

Bleh at his making DS though, its gonna be another disaster...

Angra
05-19-2006, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
Yeah...god of war would be pretty good....god damn would it need some kinda huge budget on it though....the sets, the monsters, the effects, all huge.

Could be a Hallmark production. Brrrrr.. Yikes!!!

persuasian70
05-19-2006, 08:49 PM
I would like to see Metal Gear Solid made into a movie.

_____V_____
05-23-2006, 06:44 AM
I ve noticed 2 more game-to-movie remakes in the works...

Spyhunter with the Rock...

Tekken with Jet Li...

Dante'sInferno
05-23-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by cheebacheeba

Yeah, too damn bad about the walking fuck-up getting his hands on dungeon siege...but yeah, old news. WOW that's awsome!!!

Son of a bitch.....:(

Yeah like lord of the rings(The Budget)Heh heh i just hope Kane doesn't star in it.

If he doesn't i highly doubt that it would fail.If he does, it's most likely gonna suck.....ass.:eek:

ItsAlive75
05-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by persuasian70
I would like to see Metal Gear Solid made into a movie.

As little as I know about em', I always figured the games basically were movies.

ganji
05-28-2006, 12:33 AM
american mc gees alice

cheebacheeba
05-28-2006, 07:29 AM
http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/036/036660p1.html

News from 2000...last I heard.

AUSTIN316426808
05-28-2006, 05:30 PM
From the list I'd say The Suffering, would've been cool to see Hitman but Vin Diesel playing 47, need I say more.

Also would like to see Fatal Frame and Nukem(not really a big fan of the games but I know enough to realize that it's tailor made for Campbell).

VampiricClown
05-29-2006, 05:45 PM
American McGee's Alice
Fatal Frame
Castlevania
Halo

....Not that game-to-movies are ever any good, but just for to cure my curiosity. :p

bigcherry
06-18-2006, 03:18 AM
After having seen the trailer, looking forward to, although Japan
i understand have had the movie in selected cinemas since March
"Forbidden Siren", uncertain when that will become available on
dvd, hopefully shouldn't be too far away.

_____V_____
06-19-2006, 10:04 AM
Slightly old news (if you know this, skip it).

Platinum Studios, an entertainment company that controls the world's largest independent library of comic book characters, and Blue Star Pictures have inked a deal with directors Danny and Oxide Pang to direct the upcoming feature film, The Darkness, based on the popular comic book published by Top Cow Productions, Inc. Platinum Studios will finance 50 percent of the production. Platinum, Blue Star and the Pang Brothers are jointly looking for a writer.

The Darkness is also currently being produced as a video game for the next generation systems and is one of the only comic book adaptations currently announced for the new Xbox 360. Published by Majesco Entertainment, the video game is being developed by Starbreeze, creators of the critically acclaimed "The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay." The Darkness game is scheduled to be released early 2007.

Danny and Oxide Pang, twin brothers best known for their acclaimed action movie Bangkok Dangerous and the horror classic, The Eye, recently finished another Blue Star feature, The Messengers, starring Dylan McDermott, John Corbett, and Penelope Ann Miller, for Mandate Pictures and Sony/Columbia.

In The Darkness, mafia hitman Jackie Estacado discovers he is the heir to a formidable mystical force called the Darkness and he is the only one who can stop a supernatural power bent on enslaving humanity.

Known for its comic-to-film adaptations, Platinum Studios signed a pact with Top Cow in 2004 to develop Top Cow's comic library for film, television, and other media. Platinum Studios and Top Cow's comic books are set up at most of the major studios, including Cowboys and Aliens at Sony, Unique at Disney, Mal Chance at Miramax, Wanted at Universal, Inferno at Warner Brothers, Rising Stars at MGM and Fathom at Fox, as well as a multi-picture pact with financier Gold Circle.

The Darkness, created by Marc Silvestri, Garth Ennis and David Wohl, is one of today's hottest comic book properties, with print sales topping $25 million. Its huge popularity has even prompted inter-company crossovers, teaming up and fighting against such icons as Marvel's Hulk, DC's Batman and, most recently, Superman.

PR3SSUR3
06-19-2006, 04:53 PM
FAR CRY!

Awesome game (does anyone here play it online, if so what are your nicknames?), can't wait for shite movie by Uwe Boll.

:p

Timexanne
06-19-2006, 09:20 PM
cant wait to see all those movies!!! i love to watch 'em..
i played resident evil and silent hill.. and ive started the fatal frame. its so cool..

i have collections of horror movies.. yesterday i watched the omen 666 though its not so scary but i like it.. im looking for a really scary movie but i cant find one.. is there anyone here who can recommend?????

Evil Dead, Dead Alive, Constantine, The Omen, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, The Hospital, The Saw, Eye, Exorcist (all of 'em), etc..

'ope there will be Teken the movie.. hehe!!!:D