PDA

View Full Version : Remakes

ghostgirl38
05-13-2006, 07:23 AM
O.K. I can't find my first post so I'll try again. I think there are too many remakes of movies recently. I would like to know what the other members think of this. Are u aware? Has Hollywood run out of new ideas? Let's only buy and watch Independent movies at least the public will know that the idea for the movie is original.[COLOR=firebrick]

Dante'sInferno
05-13-2006, 07:57 AM
Yes we are aware.

We already hate the OMEN 666 and it hasn't even came out yet.

(Don't believe me,check out the trailer.)

Soloman Kane
05-13-2006, 08:01 AM
Anyone please take the movie remake The Fog. Bury it in soft peat & never let anyone know its around lest we see Fog II or number III

cheebacheeba
05-13-2006, 08:14 AM
Whiny bitches...YOU'RE the ones that ultimately decide to watch them, it's not like you HAVE TO.
Sick of remakes?
Let's only buy and watch Independent movies at least the public will know that the idea for the movie is original.[ Do that & stop complaining, then you won't have to whinge about your ordeal of having to suffer the constant comparison process you people seem to need to.
;)
(and in my "some are good, some are not" opinion, the new omen looks just fine)

ItsAlive75
05-13-2006, 08:30 AM
The Omen remake will be good only because Liev Shriber's in it.

He was the BOMB in "Phantoms", yo! "Sphere" like a mutha fucka!

chainleen
05-13-2006, 08:59 AM
Hollywood ran out of ideas a long time ago...hence every movie now has three sequels or remakes of older films..Most consumers just don't care, they would rather have the flashy effects and poor dialog than a good movie filmed before the rampant use of CG.

I can go either way...some remakes I'll watch, some remakes I wish I had never seen (war of the worlds) and some I'll never watch (poseidon).

flyingmouse77
05-13-2006, 09:49 AM
I've actually enjoyed *some* of the remakes in recent years. In several cases I haven't seen the original (like "The Hills Have Eyes"), so I don't know if I can really be fair in my assessment. I am beginning to wonder if anybody in the world actually liked the new "Fog" though. We rented it, and we own the original. I definitely prefer the original. As I've said in another part of the forum, I'm looking forward to the new Omen movie, although in thinking about it, I'm a little bothered that in preview they show some of the *exact* same things happening that happened in the original. I'm not sure about that. Is it best to copy completely?? In recent years I've gotten my biggest scares from the American remakes of Asian horror films like "The Ring" and "The Grudge." So I definitely think that there are movies that can benefit from a re-make, but some should never be touched.

flyingmouse77

Korpse
05-13-2006, 09:58 AM
A combination of running out of ideas, and cashing in.

my 2 cents....

Dante'sInferno
05-13-2006, 11:13 AM
Well once my movie comes out.I will bring back the horror genre and it will kick hollywood in the balls.Well everyone.

It's impact will be getting your fucking face smashed into a mirror six times,then getting punched into a ceiling.Don't believe me?Ask around if you want to know more about it....(the mirror bashing scene is in my movie)

chainleen
05-13-2006, 11:20 AM
A remake I actually liked more than the original..The Amityville Horror.

I hated the original, I always thought it was just boring and stupid (and I gave it more than one chance because my sister would watch it twice a day). But when I saw the remake I really enjoyed it. I thought it was better done, a little creepier and not so cheesy.

and I suppose it helps that ryan reynolds has a fantastic torso...

The Mothman
05-13-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by chainleen

ryan reynolds has a fantastic torso...
is that the main charecter guy? what a doushe bag. (sp?)

he is an awful actor, and his shitty preformance was also in blade trinity.

cheebacheeba
05-13-2006, 04:44 PM
A shitty performance? In a BLADE movie?!? whoah...:rolleyes:

I'm a little bothered that in preview they show some of the *exact* same things happening that happened in the original. I'm not sure about that.
Being a remake, I'm sure there's gonna be SOME of the same scenes...although I've noticed a few changes to the familiar scenes that the trailer shows...that and there seems to actually be more depth to the story this time around, which can't be too bad.

Yellow Jacket
05-13-2006, 05:37 PM
First off, I always give remakes a chance (even if I hate the ideo of them). I mean, did anybody else see The Hills Have Eyes remake? Actually, that's a resounding yes (I've read the posts). And, most of those posts said that the movie was a great and bloody homage to the Craven classic. Now, I'm not one to stand for remakes (especially after the shitty The Fog remake), but, like cheebacheeba said, it is you who is watching them. If you hate them so bad, then leave them alone.

BTW- I too think the new Omen looks jsut fine. Except for the fact that Julia Stiles is in it, but I'll let that slide.

Dante'sInferno
05-13-2006, 09:47 PM
damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Dante'sInferno
05-13-2006, 09:51 PM
Damn....oh well..

Miss Olivia
05-13-2006, 10:10 PM
I'm willing to give anything a try at least once....well, as far as movies are concerned anyway, but the new Omen will have to go pretty far to even equal the original. However, you can always hope, right?

MisterSadistro
05-13-2006, 10:28 PM
Unfortunately indies seem to stick to 2 paths:
1) Monkey see, monkey do. Copy Hollywood movies since that's what's selling right now. Unoriginal and uninspiring.
2) Make total crap as a way of thumbing their nose at Hollywood. These tend to be unwatchable unless it's your friend that made it and you're watching it at their house on a Friday night over a few beers for laughs.
I won't blindly support indie films myself. Way too many think they have a free pass with fans that way. Respect should be earned, not simply granted.
CK