PDA

View Full Version : I just got back from surgery!!!

Shadowman
05-12-2006, 04:50 PM
Ok, I have Celluitis, it's an infection. I got it between my toes. From a splinter in my toe. I just got surgery, it sucked. I got drugged and I don't remember how I got from one room to another. Then I was drugged again and they put me to sleep while I was drugged. When I woke Up I had tubes in my nose and when I asked... they said I stopped breathing in surgery! And when We left the hospital, I went to hosses and had a steak, and here I am.

monalisa
05-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Hey, glad it seems to have gone well eventually (you're feeling good enough to post here). Are you diabetic? My mom was and she got a Celluitis infection twice, once in her shoulder and once in her sinus behind her right eye. She survived both infections (although cancer finally got her last year). But diabeteics are prone to having normal infections turn into Celluitis, so I was just curious if you were diabetic. Hope it heals fast for you too, they can be very painful. Well wishes to you!

filmmaker2
05-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Good to see you back. I BET THAT STEAK TASTED REAL YUMMY, am I right? Real food, that's what I'm talking about. A horror movie will help you heal up faster. Only question is, which one are you gonna watch.

newb
05-12-2006, 08:08 PM
You almost died from a splinter in your toe?

WTF

Shadowman
05-13-2006, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by monalisa
Hey, glad it seems to have gone well eventually (you're feeling good enough to post here). Are you diabetic? My mom was and she got a Celluitis infection twice, once in her shoulder and once in her sinus behind her right eye. She survived both infections (although cancer finally got her last year). But diabeteics are prone to having normal infections turn into Celluitis, so I was just curious if you were diabetic. Hope it heals fast for you too, they can be very painful. Well wishes to you!

No, I'm not Diabetic. It was just a splinter. I just got a call today, it was from rotting wood. I don't know HOW it got in the house and stuck in the carpet. Maybe the dog brought it in.

Shadowman
05-13-2006, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by filmmaker2
Good to see you back. I BET THAT STEAK TASTED REAL YUMMY, am I right? Real food, that's what I'm talking about. A horror movie will help you heal up faster. Only question is, which one are you gonna watch.

The Steak was great, And I watched Hostel unfortunatly, but then I watched Incident on and off a mountain road.

Shadowman
05-13-2006, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by newb
You almost died from a splinter in your toe?

WTF

It was rotting wood. The dog must of brought it in. I drag my feet along the carpet, and it stuck in. And I wasn't allowed to take gym because if I ran, The splinter would push up farther into my foot and if it got to far up, It could of gotten to my tendon and I would of lost my foot. And I'm out of Gym for the rest of the year:D untill June 2and. And... that's all.

any more questions???

newb
05-13-2006, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Shadowman
It was rotting wood. The dog must of brought it in. I drag my feet along the carpet, and it stuck in. And I wasn't allowed to take gym because if I ran, The splinter would push up farther into my foot and if it got to far up, It could of gotten to my tendon and I would of lost my foot. And I'm out of Gym for the rest of the year:D untill June 2and. And... that's all.

any more questions???

What is the air speed velocity of an unladden swallow?

Shadowman
05-13-2006, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by newb
What is the air speed velocity of an unladden swallow?

:D

ItsAlive75
05-13-2006, 07:10 AM
Awesome, dude. Now you have a surgery story to tell people... although I'd lie and say it was something different, rotting wood isn't exactly the coolest thing out there.

Shadowman
05-13-2006, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
Awesome, dude. Now you have a surgery story to tell people... although I'd lie and say it was something different, rotting wood isn't exactly the coolest thing out there.

lol, yeah, but the toe was gross looking, I took a picture of it!! Lol.

ItsAlive75
05-13-2006, 12:44 PM
Hmm..... post it? Yeah.... yeah, post it.

Haunted
05-13-2006, 03:30 PM
You know, IA, the human foot is not particularly attractive to look at when it's healthy, and I would have to say that when it's infected it would be very very unpleasant to look at due to gangreen or whatever.

Give me intestines spilling from a dude, but spare me an infected foot...or elephantitis of the foot.

Dante'sInferno
05-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Feet are nasty.

meetthecreeper
05-13-2006, 05:49 PM
When they took my appendix out years ago the doctors had said that it was all infected and pusing.

I asked them if I could see it. They wouldnt let me. Fuckin snake charmers.

I have a bitchin scar to show off. Been thinking of tattooing a zipper on it.

monalisa
05-13-2006, 06:04 PM
I had a hystorectomy a couple of years ago because of a bunch of tumors I had in the uterus. So from the ultrasound we were kidding around that it looked a bit like Mickey Mouse cuz there was a big one and then two little ones off each side of the top (8 altogether). So after the surgery the doc and me were talking and she was commenting, during the surgery, on my sense of humor about the whole thingand told the others in the surgery room about my Mickey Mouse comment. Then someone said it actually looked more like a rabbit. I asked if they saved it or had a picture of it or something, cuz I wanted to see it myself. But unfortunately I was not able to view the bunny. Gross I know, but humor is the best way to deal with ugly events in your life, in my opinion anyway.