PDA

View Full Version : Cthulhu movie

Haunted
05-12-2006, 02:15 PM
What are people's impression of this? I'm not a huge Lovecraft (writer not member) fan, and I realize that this is a sin on this forum. However this movie...

I saw the trailer. It doesn't look very good. It doesn't even look entertaining. Also, I see no reason for it to have Tori Spelling unless she's playing Cthulhu, who is this terrifying demigod. I can think of very few things more terrifying than Tori Spelling.

However, if someone has any validation at all that this movie is worth even a penny of the $7.50 it would cost me to see it, I'm all...er...eyes.

chainleen
05-12-2006, 03:37 PM
jesus.

I love cthulhu, but no one seems able to adapt Lovecraft's stories to the screen well. Which is not surprising since most of the scary stuff is written as 'that which is unmentionable' and some such like that.

2nd off tori fucking spelling? I will watch barney before I take a movie with her in it seriously. Shannon Dohearty(I spelled it wrong, don't care) would be way better....esp as cthulhu...and it would keep up with the 90210 theme.

The_Return
05-12-2006, 03:59 PM
IMDB doesnt have much info on it, where did you find the trailer? The plot doesnt really sound that great, I'm a tad worried.

Nyarlathotep
05-12-2006, 04:30 PM
trailer looked poor

Haunted
05-12-2006, 04:51 PM
That's an understatement.

Oh, and Return, it's up in the forum adds.

chainleen
05-12-2006, 04:59 PM
that trailer was 2 minutes of my life I can never get back :(

newb
05-12-2006, 09:29 PM
Try this one.....its done like a silent movie from days gone by....very interesting with some great camera work.It really captures the mood and style of the classics.

http://www.horrorchannel.com/dread/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=611

The Return & Alky will love it.

The_Return
05-12-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by newb
Try this one.....its done like a silent movie from days gone by....very interesting with some great camera work.It really captures the mood and style of the classics.

http://www.horrorchannel.com/dread/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=611

Ive been eyeing that one for awhile, really does look like my cup of tea. Im just not sure I want to shell out $20 for it...

urgeok
05-13-2006, 05:26 AM

i heard the guys who made this being interviewed on Rue Morgue Radio ... the filmmakers are the guys who founded the Lovecraft Society (a legion of super fanboys)

I think it could be cool ... too bad Nash the Slash isnt doing the music - he'd be perfect.

chainleen
05-13-2006, 05:59 AM

This one does look cool. I like the fact that they're foregoing extreme fx/color/dialog and doing an old fashioned silent movie. I think it will work better since the stories left so much to the imagination, you'll be able to do the same with the movie and not have some idealized version forced on you.

Miss Olivia
05-13-2006, 10:29 AM
Why must they treat H.P. Lovecraft with such disrespect? TORI FREAKING SPELLING? That's like pissing on your grave....it really seems like they can't make a good lovecraft story....anybody remember Necronomicon:Book of the Dead? It made me want to gouge my eyes out....well, almost.

_____V_____
05-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Lovecraft is Lovecraft, when it comes to his books...but movies are a totally different kettle of tea...

The comics and the books might have a longer, better effect on people who read it, than ones going to a movie and seeing a half-baked version of his story-ideas and coming out feeling robbed...

All those who love Lovecraft will put their hands together and pray that his story meets fair treatment, or else there will be yet another one available to be flushed...