PDA

View Full Version : Worried about kitty...where is kitty?

filmmaker2
05-07-2006, 01:39 PM
One of the three kitties I kinda take care of hasn't been seen for a couple of days, and he pretty much always shows up in the nighttime to get his evening's crunchies. He didn't show up 2 nights in a row and I'm worried he won't show up this evening either.

His two buddies have shown up on schedule, and they're not acting like anything is wrong, so maybe Number Three Kitty is okay.

I'm worried something might have happened, or maybe one of the Bad Cats really messed him up and he is lying hurt somewhere...do cats often kill other cats when they fight?

Posher778
05-07-2006, 01:59 PM
Generally cats dont kill eachother, they just get really pissy, hes probably fine, don't worry too much yet.

tachii
05-07-2006, 02:10 PM
i once had a white cat loose an eye in a fight (i think). he never really had a name up until then, after the accident i started calling him scabby. it was kinda funny because sitting next to him i could smell the eye rotting right in his head. smelly! :p

Haunted
05-07-2006, 04:52 PM
Actually no. They want the other cat to know it's lost the battle. Seriously though, cats are pretty tough. Also, they have a tad bit of wonderlust. Some times they may take an extended leave. If he doesn't turn up in a couple more days, pm me, filmmaker.

PR3SSUR3
05-07-2006, 04:52 PM
That's fucking disgusting, not to mention very disturbing.

Im wondering if you've just given Filmmaker2 a stroke with that one.

:eek:

Posher778
05-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Well my kitty is 14 years old and she beat up a rabid dobermann. I challenge anyone who doesn't think that's true feline bravery right there to explain why...

filmmaker2
05-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Yeah, the one that's missing is the fluffiest and most gullible of the three...a hefty, good-size cat, but emotionally a total cream puff. Of the three of them, this is the one that's most likely to trust some stranger with a bowl of food...he's run off for a day or or so before, but it's VERY seldom that he does that and just lately he's been very dependent on his evening meal...

Posher778
05-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Meh don't worry so much. I have something you might like... hang on.

filmmaker2
05-07-2006, 06:25 PM
They are like little food vacuums, you know? I will pour out a whole pile of food in front of these monsters, and within minutes, they just eat it all up. Then when I want to pet them they say, "No way!!"

AHA!

The furball showed up! And then it ate a whole bunch of food! Where was he for the past two days? No idea.

Whew!

filmmaker2
05-08-2006, 05:19 AM
Now when I mention the "Bad Cats"...there are these shaggy, upset-looking weird cats that are always lurking around, and they make my cat friends really upset. They get into awful fights.

Just last evening when the missing cat turned up, I noticed one of the other friendly cats had a good piece of fur and skin taken out near the base of his tail. And a couple of months ago one of the other ones got both of his legs ripped up...man, you should have seen it, he looked horrible until he healed up. Jeez!

So when I say the Bad Cats, they are really bad and nasty and they always fight my cat friends because they want to muscle in on the crunchy food action that my little furballs have going on.

newb
05-08-2006, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by filmmaker2

AHA!

The furball showed up! And then it ate a whole bunch of food! Where was he for the past two days? No idea.

Whew!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/rockinmule/catdrunk.gif

filmmaker2
05-08-2006, 05:43 AM
"Well, the people down the street have a better home theatre than you do, and, well, I have to have a life too..."

hammerfan
05-08-2006, 06:01 AM
newb, I love that picture! I could see Taylor doing that! :D

filmmaker2
05-08-2006, 07:32 AM
heh heh heh, we like them little cats

and them cats like little rats

!

pinkfloyd45769
05-08-2006, 07:27 PM
I'm glad your kitty is back. My kitten vanished 2 days before christmas eve and still isnt back. We still have his presents and stocking. :(

filmmaker2
05-08-2006, 08:44 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that.

Little kitties have feelings, and I don't even like thinking about them feeling sad or confused, any more than I like seeing a person feeling awful.

stubbornforgey
05-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Cats disappear for ungodly reasons but
they always come home or go home.
I had a cat (pussy-dog) was his name, when i was about 7 or 8.
When we shifted from Whangarei down to Morrinsville..my dad opened the cat cage door and he took off.
5 years later when we went back to whangarei for a visit..the neighbour had my pussy dog.
ok..you don't know these places..
they are like 300 miles apart.

filmmaker2
05-09-2006, 06:24 PM
Wow.

SKOOFx
05-10-2006, 06:00 AM
I know the feeling filmmaker.

2 years ago, on the fourth of july...my cat took off from the backyard...and was missing for HOURS(that a big deal for me, because this cat was mostly an indoor cat, who would only go out on the deck from time to time.)

I was a wreck.

4am later that night.i heard [SCRATCH SCRATCH SCRATCH]..on the front door..

and alas it was her...

she came in all muddy..and messy. as if she had one hell of a night.

..........................I miss my cat :(
(we all became very allergic to her and had to give her away)

The Mothman
05-10-2006, 06:23 AM
filmaker2, by any chance is the cat in your avatar your cat? its really cute:D

filmmaker2
05-10-2006, 06:30 AM
There's so much kitty luv here! Kitty love kitty love!

Yeah, you know, they have claws and they can slash and bite, but if you know a cat you know it's just like a little baby person in some ways.

Nah, the cat in the avatar is not mine, I found that pic on the net somewheres. It's a weird picture isn't it?? look at the weird way it is smiling and staring.

hammerfan
05-10-2006, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by filmmaker2
There's so much kitty luv here! Kitty love kitty love!

Yeah, you know, they have claws and they can slash and bite, but if you know a cat you know it's just like a little baby person in some ways.

Nah, the cat in the avatar is not mine, I found that pic on the net somewheres. It's a weird picture isn't it?? look at the weird way it is smiling and staring.

Ya gotta love a man who loves cats!! :)

filmmaker2
05-10-2006, 07:17 AM
Aw, we feel the same way about you too.

PR3SSUR3
05-10-2006, 02:05 PM
I for one dig pussy.