PDA

View Full Version : Try Chashers?

Tat2
05-06-2006, 04:09 PM
I've had a bit of a hangover today from last night and now i'm getting ready to go meet some friends tonight at my local "club" which brings me to the question:

Has anyone tried the pre-drink pill "chasers" before partying in order to prevent a hangover? Did it work for you?

chainleen
05-07-2006, 03:43 AM
My cousin takes those and swears by them. I rely on water and tylenol PM when I get home and I'm good the next day.

ItsAlive75
05-07-2006, 07:26 AM
I tried em' once, they only work for up to six drinks... I don't get hung over ANYway from just six drinks, so it makes them suckers kinda useless.

Haunted
05-07-2006, 07:50 AM
I don't recommend doing that. It will completely and utterly destroy your liver. I realize that alcohol isn't the best thing for your liver period, but adding things like acetamenaphine (ingredient for Tylenol), ibuprofen (Advil), and asprin, will compound really fuck up your liver when mixed with alcohol. My method is to drink water along with your binge to keep yourself hydrated, due to the fact that hang overs are caused mostly by dehydration.

pinkfloyd45769
05-08-2006, 07:58 PM
I tried chasers once and before i started drinking i had a reaction to them. It was soooo much worse than a hangover.

The Flayed One
05-09-2006, 05:11 AM
I just start drinking again when I wake up. Works every time.

The Mothman
05-10-2006, 06:07 AM
strangely enough, i think im like immune to being hung over. ive been wasted countless times but ive never woke up with a head ache.

bwind22
05-10-2006, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by The Flayed One
I just start drinking again when I wake up. Works every time.

Yep. Hair of the dog is the only way to go.

Wake up and do a shot of whatever yolu got drunk off the night before and you'll be good to gol.

ItsAlive75
05-10-2006, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by bwind22
Yep. Hair of the dog is the only way to go.

Wake up and do a shot of whatever yolu got drunk off the night before and you'll be good to gol.

Isn't that called "having a physical dependency"?

newb
05-10-2006, 08:17 AM
If you don't want a hangover then......JUST SAY NO!

Bwahahahahahahahah...........maybe i haven't lost my edge.

Tat2
05-10-2006, 09:28 PM
I would, but my parents didn't raise a quiter!

I never used to get hang-overs, but apparently as you age and your motabolism changes, so does your ability to jump outta bed feeling refreshed after an all-nighter. Of course, I can drink a hell of a lot more now. :)

newb
05-11-2006, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Tat2

I never used to get hang-overs, but apparently as you age and your motabolism changes, so does your ability to jump outta bed feeling refreshed after an all-nighter. Of course, I can drink a hell of a lot more now. :)

Ain't that the truth.

The "allnighters" are a thing of the past.:(

Preacher
05-11-2006, 08:22 AM
Mate.

Avoid this sort of thing!! They're bollox. If i'm out drinkin, I just make sure i stack up on crisp and stuff with loads of salt in them. Then whenyou get home drink as much water as you can and you'll be fine.

In a bit
P

The Flayed One
05-11-2006, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Tat2

*sigh*

Yeah, my time with the all-nighter is drawing to a close. Hell, I have trouble having a 6er after work and not feeling like hell the next day/old.

newb
05-11-2006, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by The Flayed One
*sigh*

Yeah, my time with the all-nighter is drawing to a close. Hell, I have trouble having a 6er after work and not feeling like hell the next day/old.

Thats why I don't drink during the week anymore.
I'm a weekend warrior.:)

Tat2
05-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Preacher
Mate.

Avoid this sort of thing!! They're bollox. If i'm out drinkin, I just make sure i stack up on crisp and stuff with loads of salt in them. Then whenyou get home drink as much water as you can and you'll be fine.

In a bit
P

My problem is (no, not a drinking problem) When I cut loose on Friday and Saturday nights, I'll start at 8:00 pm and go until last call 3:30 am (at which time I will order several and they'll put them in "the well" for me)

Afterward a bunch of us will grab some to go, rent a hotel room which is right beside the club (Co-ed Weeeee! some stories there!), continue to party until we all pass out! By then, i'm WAY to blasted to find water, let alone drink it! BUT I DO HAVE FUN! If only check out time wasn't so damn early!