PDA

View Full Version : Does any1 remember this Ghost Documentary??

filmmaker2
05-06-2006, 05:57 AM
You people are good, and you've seen a lot of stuff. But there's one mid-70's documentary about "ghosts and supernatural things" that I bet no one will be able to nail down for me...and I have two specific details that you can work from!

There was one scene that was so simple, cost them nothing to do (it was all done with sound effects and a little wind on the curtains) but it was scary as hell...a recreation of some supposed "ghostly experience" someone had. The scene had a woman stepping into the bathroom to get a towel or something, and the wind starts the curtains moving, something seems odd... and then a low, VERY LOUD, ugly moaning noise starts coming from the shower stall, like "AWWWUUHHHHHHHHHHHH..." And she runs out of there screaming, of course. For like a year after I saw that I was nervous about going into the bathroom because I was worried something like that might happen. This documentary convinced me that ghosts "just LIKE doing things like that!"

The scene was made worse by the fact that the bathroom was really normal looking...could have been anyone's bathroom in any house.

This film also had a scene showing people setting up tape recorders in cemeteries to try to get ghosts' voices, and a scene of them playing back the recordings they got. Which were probably fake, but who cares, it was creepy.

Does anyone remember seeing this movie? It was probably made in the mid-70's, from what I remember of it. I saw it around 1976 or thereabouts.

mothermold
05-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by filmmaker2
You people are good, and you've seen a lot of stuff. But there's one mid-70's documentary about "ghosts and supernatural things" that I bet no one will be able to nail down for me...and I have two specific details that you can work from!

There was one scene that was so simple, cost them nothing to do (it was all done with sound effects and a little wind on the curtains) but it was scary as hell...a recreation of some supposed "ghostly experience" someone had. The scene had a woman stepping into the bathroom to get a towel or something, and the wind starts the curtains moving, something seems odd... and then a low, VERY LOUD, ugly moaning noise starts coming from the shower stall, like "AWWWUUHHHHHHHHHHHH..." And she runs out of there screaming, of course. For like a year after I saw that I was nervous about going into the bathroom because I was worried something like that might happen. This documentary convinced me that ghosts "just LIKE doing things like that!"

The scene was made worse by the fact that the bathroom was really normal looking...could have been anyone's bathroom in any house.

This film also had a scene showing people setting up tape recorders in cemeteries to try to get ghosts' voices, and a scene of them playing back the recordings they got. Which were probably fake, but who cares, it was creepy.

Does anyone remember seeing this movie? It was probably made in the mid-70's, from what I remember of it. I saw it around 1976 or thereabouts.

I can't let this post go without a response.I love to help but I'm drawing a blank.

Sorry.........good luck.

filmmaker2
05-07-2006, 01:44 AM
Well, I certainly appreciate the effort! I have a thing for cheeseball documentaries about weird stuff.

I've been watching "Legend of Boggy Creek" this evening, and boy, what a strange docu-style Bigfoot movie that is...features several relaxing songs about the creature and people who've seen the creature...it's really 70's...basically a movie of recreations of several Bigfoot encounters. It has a certain cheese factor going for it, but I mean that in a good way! I think the no-budget look, especially for films made in the 70's, lent a certain gritty realism to these kinds of films.

There's another interesting film called "Ghosts That Still Walk" (1975?) which is not a documentary, just a straight narrative fiction thing about some ghost attacking a family, but it's shot in such a dry style that it has that docu-feel to it. Another cheeseball classic. I've come to realize over the years that I have a real fondness for CRAP!

knife_fight
05-07-2006, 05:12 AM
I love the Legend of Boggy Creek and its sequel (which I can't remember the name of). in fact, I think I brought it up in your thread about Bigfoot movies.

I don't know this ghost doc movie you're talking about. unfortunate for both of us, b/c it sounds like something I would really like.

filmmaker2
05-07-2006, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I knew this would be a difficult title to figure out...which is why I posted it here, because a lot of people here have seen an awful lot of stuff and can name most anything...

"Legend of Boggy Creek" is at least a familiar title, I remember it used to be on TV ALL the time, back when TV thrived on cheapie slot-fillers like that. But I still had to pay a few dollars to get hold of a copy of it on video.

I think it's been a million years since I saw it listed, say, in a TV guide. So my memories of it are pretty dim. But seeing it now is quite an experience! I especially found the songs surprising, especially the relaxing song about the creature ..."...and this is where the creature goes, deep into a world he kno-oooows..." Really weird stuff!

Haunted
05-07-2006, 08:52 AM
If ever you figure out that documentary, let us know. It sounds very intriguing. I'd like to hear that moan.

Incidentally, I once was researching ghosts on the web, and there was some evp (is that right?) recording of a moan (allegedly). I honestly (and I'm a little embarassed) had to stop it. It was creepy as hell. Might have been the same thing for all I know. So, I was being a little chicken shit.

cheebacheeba
05-07-2006, 08:57 AM
http://members.aol.com/Rayd8em/Sounds.html

filmmaker2
05-07-2006, 09:02 AM
I think I heard that recording. I dunno, maybe that EVP thing really happens sometimes...but what it actually is is a mystery...could be anything...

The thing that was really effing creepy about this movie I saw was that the recordings they got when they placed the tape recorders on people's tombstones seemed to suggest that some of these people's spirits were trapped in the graves, somehow.

But the more I think about it, the more I think that the voices were way to clear and intelligible, and could easily have been faked to juice up the documentary with creepy stuff. "Hey, look what we recorded!" Those little bastards!

Haunted
05-07-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
http://members.aol.com/Rayd8em/Sounds.html

Thanks, Cheeba, that was pretty cool. Some of those recording were kinda clear. It's times like that you really hope the people who have those sites aren't yanking your chain.

filmmaker2
05-07-2006, 12:32 PM
ewwwwwwwwww

I listened to some o that stuff just now, and it's creepy!
ewww

well actually some of it just sounds like someone rubbing their shoe on the floor or something...I didn't hear all the "words" they say are being spoken...at least, not all of them...a couple of them seemed clear though.

stubbornforgey
05-08-2006, 12:38 PM
AW we used to get that proggy too..
was it ghost hunt ?epitome?eulogy?

I remember one episode where the house was newly built and it was haunted.
It turned out that they found skeletal remains buried
right by the tree that was in thier back yard.

Haunted
05-10-2006, 09:07 AM
Yeah, there's nothing like digging in your garden and finding someone's femur.

Mom- Oh look, honey, a femur bone. Must be a skeleton in the garden. Maybe that's why little Billy can't sleep at night. Must be a ghost in the house.

Dad- (takes pipe from out of his mouth)- That or maybe it's that Witch across the street who keeps giving me a dirty look every time mix cans with plastic bottles and cardboard with news paper.