PDA

View Full Version : The football thread.

The Flayed One
05-02-2006, 08:03 AM
Allright, the draft seems to have some of us riled up (me included) so I figured we should start up a thread us pigskinners a talk shit in.

You've probably noticed I'm an Oakland Raiders fan.

Does anyone here play fantasy football? I'm always looking to join in some leagues.

monalisa
05-02-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by The Flayed One
Allright, the draft seems to have some of us riled up (me included) so I figured we should start up a thread us pigskinners a talk shit in.

You've probably noticed I'm an Oakland Raiders fan.

Does anyone here play fantasy football? I'm always looking to join in some leagues.

Thank you! I hadn't seen this when I posted my response suggesting this in VC's thread. :)

The_Return
05-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Geeze, Im starting to sound like Posher...

http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18715&highlight=football

Despare
05-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by monalisa
Thank you! I hadn't seen this when I posted my response suggesting this in VC's thread. :)

Stay on topic! Talk about football! Just kidding. :)

Anyway, I like this thread because it has 100% less soccer talk so far! Anyway, I'm a Lions fan and once again they have a good group of receivers and some defensive talent but I don't think that matters anymore. We need some wins for this team to get their confidence back. I really want to see Arizona and Denver this year... I personally like Cutler over Leinart and am anxious to see how this season pans out. Please... SOMEBODY TAKE JOEY!

And just to make things fair... welcome back again VC.

monalisa
05-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Despare
Stay on topic! Talk about football! Just kidding. :)

...snip...

And just to make things fair... welcome back again VC.

Thanks I'm having a shitty night and this reminded me that a sense of humor can get a person through most things. :D

Despare
05-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by monalisa
Thanks I'm having a shitty night and this reminded me that a sense of humor can get a person through most things. :D
Sorry to hear that, at least you're not drowning in milk though so it could be worse.

Alright, onto football...

Draft class 2006, who's going to have the biggest impact on the team that took them? I think Vernon Davis could have a HUGE impact in San Fran, especially if Alex Smith keep developing.

The Flayed One
05-03-2006, 03:14 AM
I think Vernon Davis could have a huge impact on the 9er O. I just hope they have other legitimate receiving threats to take some heat off of him.

Reggie Bush will be another contender. The Saints could be dangerous this year. If Reggie & Deuce can deliver a 1-2 punch and Brees can get the ball to Horn...they just may be playoff bound.

Zero
05-03-2006, 03:19 AM
cool - in terms of football -

I think Arsenal will win the Champions League final against Barcelona with a score of 2-0

AUSTIN316426808
05-03-2006, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by The Flayed One
I think Vernon Davis could have a huge impact on the 9er O. I just hope they have other legitimate receiving threats to take some heat off of him.

Reggie Bush will be another contender. The Saints could be dangerous this year. If Reggie & Deuce can deliver a 1-2 punch and Brees can get the ball to Horn...they just may be playoff bound.

Vernon Davis is going to help/bail out Smith alot but as far as him making enough impact to take the team anywhere this year, I'd have to say there's little to no chance of that. He's no doubt the favorite to win rookie of the year.

The Saints could've been dangerous for the last 5 years, they're just underachievers. Alot of the blame was put on Brooks for being inconsistent, so if Brees' shoulder is 100%, Duece is back, Donte's right on the verge of breaking out, they get Bush out of the draft ect. ect. They'll either do what they're perfectly capable of doing(which at the very least should be a second round playoff appearance) or find new excuses....first time head coach, Brees doesn't fit or whatever bullshit they come up with.

bwind22
05-03-2006, 04:53 AM
Hmmmmmmmmm....

Normally I only like to talk football on here when hijacking someone else's lame thread, but I'll make an exception just this once.

I play a lot of Fantasy Football (6 leagues last year) so if someone wants to get an HDC league set up for fee on Yahoo or something, I'd join it.

GREENBILL
05-03-2006, 05:58 AM
football sucks...i hate it....any form of football. i was forced to play it at school and i fuckin hated it. id prefer to drink bleach, like that dude out of boby melt

each to their own i guess.....

...give me grand prix-formula 1 any day.

bwind22
05-03-2006, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by GREENBILL
football sucks...i hate it....any form of football. i was forced to play it at school and i fuckin hated it. id prefer to drink bleach, like that dude out of boby melt

each to their own i guess.....

I read this and I was like... "I don't think I can think of one thing I'd prefer drinking bleach over..."

Then you reminded me of it.

...give me grand prix-formula 1 any day.

Hahaha. For me, Car racing = lamest thing (I won't call it a sport. It's not.) ever. Nascar, Formula 1, whatever. I dont care how fast a car can go, I still dont wanna spend my afternoon watching it drive around in a circle 300-500 times in a row. It's just the most unbelievably boring thing I can imagine. Give me bleach anyday...

Hahah. But like you said, to each his own.

GREENBILL
05-03-2006, 06:16 AM
its more the science behind formula 1. im not one for watching cars zip past me on a track. when f1 comes on its usually in the back ground whilst i get on with my mundane life and the housework.

im also keen on snooker. the world championship has just finished and i was propper pissed off that my fave player, ronnie o'sullivan was knocked out. f1 and snooker are it for me. the rest just aint worthy for my throbbing eyeballs!

i much prefer stickin on a horror film......ive godda wait till the kids go to bed tho.

im patient

bloodrayne
05-03-2006, 06:20 AM
Heh...I feel the same way about football AND car racing...

I know...I know...Boo me:p

The Flayed One
05-03-2006, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by bwind22
Hahaha. For me, Car racing = lamest thing (I won't call it a sport. It's not.) ever. Nascar, Formula 1, whatever. I dont care how fast a car can go, I still dont wanna spend my afternoon watching it drive around in a circle 300-500 times in a row. It's just the most unbelievably boring thing I can imagine. Give me bleach anyday...

Hahah. But like you said, to each his own.

I whole-heartedly agree. Being in Indiana, that's all anyone ever wants to watch. The only sport I've ever followed aside from football is boxing, and I haven't watched a fight since Lennox Lewis beat the shit out of David Tua to retain the title.

GREENBILL
05-03-2006, 06:31 AM
its our differences that make us the same. this world would be shite if everyone liked the same thing, but we are all very similar...like this....dont like this etc. thats a good thing tho aint it!

AUSTIN316426808
05-03-2006, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
Heh...I feel the same way about football

We've got quite a bit in common but everytime you say that I feel like I don't even know who you are.

ItsAlive75
05-03-2006, 07:25 AM
Well the Bears FINALLY got a tight end that they so desparately needed. Day, the undrafted end out of Oregon, who had ONE touchdown last year, is now a Bear. What a GREAT off-season... blaugh.

God, Bulls are losing, Cubs suck w/o Lee, White Sox keep winning, Bears make shitty picks... bad sports time for Chicago.

bloodrayne
05-03-2006, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
We've got quite a bit in common but everytime you say that I feel like I don't even know who you are. LOL...I know, Sweetheart...And every time I even THINK it, I think about YOU.....You're the only thing I like about football :)

AUSTIN316426808
05-03-2006, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75

Bulls are losing

Whadda ya think about the KG rumor?

Despare
05-03-2006, 07:34 AM
So Marcus Vick is going to the Dolphins rookie camp... too big of a risk? An HDC Fantasy Football league sounds great, set it up!

GREENBILL
05-03-2006, 07:42 AM
this american football stuff is going straight over my head...!

not that im naive to it, i just dont understand it. all i know about am...ftbl is shoulder pads and big egos.

but i guess theres more to it than that. its just something thats never interested me. guess it would be different story if i lived in america.

AUSTIN316426808
05-03-2006, 07:43 AM
So Marcus Vick is going to the Dolphins rookie camp... too big of a risk?

No. He's undrafted so he's not going to cost much and in his interview he seemed very aware of his actions and willing to put everything behind him. Cheap, solid backup who can develop into a really good QB. If the off field problems come up again, drop him, it's as simple as that.

The Flayed One
05-03-2006, 08:05 AM
So Marcus Vick is going to the Dolphins rookie camp... too big of a risk?

I was kind of hoping the Raiders would pick him up just long enough to stomp on Champ Bailey's leg.:eek:

ItsAlive75
05-03-2006, 09:05 AM
Whadda ya think about the KG rumor?

That's been a rumor for a loooong time, but we'd probably have to give up one of our guards... and I aint lettin Heinrich, Gordon or Duhon up for anybody. Them three be our future, boy.

AUSTIN316426808
05-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
That's been a rumor for a loooong time, but we'd probably have to give up one of our guards... and I aint lettin Heinrich, Gordon or Duhon up for anybody. Them three be our future, boy.

I think you're right, after this season and the playoffs it looks like Gordon and Heinrich are going to be the 'Jordan and Pippen'. However, if he did come there(assuming that they'd be able to hold on to Heinrich and Gordon) you gotta think they'd have a championship in three years tops.

bwind22
05-03-2006, 09:07 PM
....sigh KG....

Damn Minnesota teams get some of the best players in their leagues and can never do shit with it because we have idiot coaching staffs. No one here in MN blames KG for wanting to go somewhere that he can win a ring. He's put up with shitty squad after shitty squad for about 10 years here now and he's figuring out that if he wants a championship, he can't get it here.

I don't blame him for wanting out, although it'll suck to see him go.

The Flayed One
08-15-2006, 05:36 AM
Well, the Raiders beat the Vikes last night...and they still looked horrible doing it. At least it looks like our D is somewhat gelling. I'm trying not to jump the gun right now, but I'm starting to get worried about Robert Gallery. I know he's at a new position, but it's his natural one and I've seen him get beat BADLY several times.

I also thought it was funnier than hell that Tony Dungy called an onside kick the first play of the preseason.

AUSTIN316426808
08-15-2006, 06:21 AM
It's his natural college position not his NFL position, huge difference.

The Flayed One
08-15-2006, 06:46 AM
It's his natural college position not his NFL position, huge difference.

You know, I've never really watched that much college. I usually just watch videos of the picks that the Raiders are most likely to draft. Watched a lot of Huff vids before draft time this year.