PDA

View Full Version : The Omen

GREENBILL
05-01-2006, 12:32 PM
The Omen is a fine film. guess the remake has a lot to live up2 doesn't it. Released 6/6/06.
Hope the remake stays true the original and does it some justice.

The_Return
05-01-2006, 12:42 PM
There's a bunch of other threads on this, but I cant be bothered to find them for you.

The trailer looks pretty promising, but after seeing John Morres last movie, the remake of Flight of the Phoenix, Im a bit worried.

GREENBILL
05-01-2006, 12:50 PM
havent seen phoenix...so i couldnt comment. i love the omen so if it aint any good then i wont be too bothered, just means i wont buy in upon dvd release.

p.s. did you add your own avatar ov that penguin? if so, is this something i can do?

The_Return
05-01-2006, 01:10 PM
Yep, I put it there myself. Not hard to do...just go to User/CP on the toolbar right under the ads, then click "Edit Options". After that, scroll down to the bottom where it has a picture of your current avatar, and click "Change Avatar". From there, scroll down to the bottom where it says "Custom Avatar". Either enter a link of file name to the image you want to use, and your set! There are some restrictions though: The image cant be more than 100 x 100 pixels, and only certain file types are accepted. It will tell you when you sumbit your image if it doesnt fit the requirements.

Hopefully that helps!

GREENBILL
05-01-2006, 01:17 PM
cheers dude, i'll try it out. ;)

vmr128
05-01-2006, 01:48 PM
im going to see it first day aka my last day of school:D

GREENBILL
05-01-2006, 01:53 PM
i dont bother with the cinema or hire shops. i usually wait til the dvd release then buy it. i try not to listen to any hype surrounding a certain film, i prefer to use my own judgement on wether i like a film or not...

Posher778
05-01-2006, 03:12 PM
You seem ok so i'm going to put this nicely for once. Just... search for already made threads on topics before you make a new one. Thanks.

Angelakillsluts
05-01-2006, 10:15 PM
The Omen is such a good movie. They'll screw it up, don't worry. :) :(

GREENBILL
05-02-2006, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Posher778
You seem ok so i'm going to put this nicely for once. Just... search for already made threads on topics before you make a new one. Thanks.

i fully understand. i only joined some 10 hrs a go. Im aware 'thread remakes' can be as annoying as film remakes.....im now wondering how long its gonna take me to read 400 thousand+ posts...Heh! :D

urgeok
05-02-2006, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Angelakillsluts
The Omen is such a good movie. They'll screw it up, don't worry. :) :(

yep .. they'll do the usual and replace the mature actors with a bunch of chisel faced 22 year olds.

its the same thing every fucking time because the vast majority of people who can afford to go - or are willing to go to the theatres - are in their teens and early 20's and they dont want to go to a movie and see old fogeys.

no point even complaining anymore - it's what our culture has come to.

Angelakillsluts
05-02-2006, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
yep .. they'll do the usual and replace the mature actors with a bunch of chisel faced 22 year olds.

its the same thing every fucking time because the vast majority of people who can afford to go - or are willing to go to the theatres - are in their teens and early 20's and they dont want to go to a movie and see old fogeys.

no point even complaining anymore - it's what our culture has come to.

yup, I'll waste my money to watch it too. Because like I've mentioned before, I'm a sucker for the theater.

GREENBILL
05-02-2006, 08:07 AM
I totally agree there. the majority ov the cast were middle aged i guess ( except sweet little damian) they do tend to put more youthful actors/actresses in remakes.....and completley fuck a perfectly descent film up!

for me, the actin' in texas chainsaw (orig) <for e.g.> was crap but its still way better than the remake i feel....

urgeok
05-02-2006, 08:20 AM
yup, I'll waste my money to watch it too. Because like I've mentioned before, I'm a sucker for the theater.

i love the theatre too ... but i'm a prime example of someone who doesnt get to go often because of needing a babysitter - and the expenses and logistics that come with that.
the only movies we see are kids movies because we can all go together.

good for my kid because he's seen more movies now at 5 than i did until i was 16.

its hard to pinpoint where the shift came - but i think it was with home video.
before that you saw more adults in the theatres. they had no choice. there were less films being produced and the target audience were the ones that could afford to go.
It was also no big deal to get the 14 year old kid next door to babysit for a couple of bucks an hour.

but since video .. adults prefer to be at home (i dont - but many loath the thought of the theatre)

kids also have more disposable money these days ..
its the age of the single parent .. people are throwing money at kids in lieu of parenting.

anyway - for several various reasons - some being a socio-economical shift, cultural shifts, and home video ... the movies being made today are still mostly catering to the youth market.

i know that home video sales will still bring in a lot of money - and adults will see them at that point - but for a filmmaker/studio .. its the box office that really matters.

MisterSadistro
05-02-2006, 08:44 AM
Except for the shot with the kid saying "they're afraid of me" and one with guys with guns , everything in the trailer looks like it was lifted directly from the original film (ala the 'Psycho' re-make). Besides "money" being the obvious answer, what's the point ? :mad:
CK

Angelakillsluts
05-02-2006, 08:55 PM
Psycho being one of my all time favorite movies, the remake really bugged me. They were actually proud that the re-shot the original movie frame by frame. :mad:

MisterSadistro
05-02-2006, 09:11 PM
It's like participating in 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show'- same scenes, same music, but different people and no fun LOL
CK

Angelakillsluts
05-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by MisterSadistro
It's like participating in 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show'- same scenes, same music, but different people and no fun LOL
CK

That's another thing, there isn't enough movies with Tim Curry. I'm not going to sit through Congo for him, why no good movies without tim curry (without the muppets or damon brothers :p ). What about horror movies??? I think he has a total horror look, he's a great actor (and his voice, I mean come on!)

Will hollywood ever stop wronging us? :(

MisterSadistro
05-02-2006, 10:36 PM
<sigh> I guess not. Charge your camera's batteries since it looks like it's you and me against the world ;)
CK

urgeok
05-03-2006, 03:45 AM
That's another thing, there isn't enough movies with Tim Curry. I'm not going to sit through Congo for him, why no good movies without tim curry (without the muppets or damon brothers :p ). What about horror movies??? I think he has a total horror look, he's a great actor (and his voice, I mean come on!)

he was pretty good in Legend

but yeah Congo was horrible

Prelude95Si
05-03-2006, 08:41 AM
My question is are they going to remake part 2 & 3? Because the Omen story isn't complete without 2 & 3. Besides, I personaly like #2 the best.

GREENBILL
05-03-2006, 08:45 AM
time will tell over pts 2=3, guess they will, theres big bucks to be made out of the omen franchise.

hope they dont bother with the remake of omen 4, that was just shit and should have never been made in the first place...

Prelude95Si
05-03-2006, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by GREENBILL
time will tell over pts 2=3, guess they will, theres big bucks to be made out of the omen franchise.

hope they dont bother with the remake of omen 4, that was just shit and should have never been made in the first place...

I fully agree, normaly when I talk to people about the Omen, I don't even acknowledge that #4 exist.

GREENBILL
05-03-2006, 09:02 AM
its definatley a trilogy, or how a trilogy should be. bit like the godfather, evil dead.

i was a bit suprized that romero decided to add to the 'dead' trilogy. having said that, it was his choice and wernt really that bad as when compared to omen 4.....

urgeok
05-03-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Prelude95Si
I fully agree, normaly when I talk to people about the Omen, I don't even acknowledge that #4 exist.

heh, i bought the 1st 3 on DVD individually - when i could have gotten the 4 movie boxset cheaper :D

GREENBILL
05-03-2006, 09:21 AM
ive got the omen trilogy limited edition, gold-leaf boxset. contains loadsa kool stuff like film cells, copies of the original theatrical posters, loadsa film and character/actor info. it cost me a shit loada money tho. good thing is, i dont play any of the boxset caus ive got em vhs from years earlier so if i wanna watch em the vhs go on instead. the boxset was more of an invesment thing.

bought pt4 seperatly....wish i never bothered. think it was more to do with, well pts 1-3 are kool so 4 maybe. how wrong i was....live and learn, live and learn...

MisterSadistro
05-03-2006, 09:58 AM
Ever notice that Hollywood goes out of their way to remake a movie that was already good in the first place rather than trying to remake crap like #4 that could actually use a remaking instead ?
CK

GREENBILL
05-03-2006, 10:14 AM
Ever notice that Hollywood goes out of their way to remake a movie that was already good in the first place rather than trying to remake crap like #4 that could actually use a remaking instead ?
CK

very true....;)

Prelude95Si
05-03-2006, 10:18 AM
CK

Good point.

urgeok
05-03-2006, 10:20 AM
well, its not a mystery.

they want to ride the coat-tails of a money maker - not an unheard of piece of made for TV junk.

they are in the business of making money - not righting wrongs.

this is the same mentality behind remaking songs too.

you already have a built in audience.

i'm not saying it is an ideal situation for genre fans - its just the reality of doing business.

MisterSadistro
05-03-2006, 10:52 AM
There's only one wrong I want to right in this case (and have half the script I wrote to prove it): 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'. If a remake is in order, why not do the worst film ever and make a good film from it ?
CK

urgeok
05-03-2006, 11:42 AM
it warrented a rewriting ? :eek:

why not just a different movie ?

you know - one with a plot/story/actors ..etc ..

MisterSadistro
05-03-2006, 11:52 AM
it warrented a rewriting ? :eek:

why not just a different movie ?

you know - one with a plot/story/actors ..etc ..
I originally just fixed bad dialogue, mistakes, etc of original then read it back and thought "Why bother ? It's just as bad now." I re-wrote it with same basic plot, same characters, lots of story, backgrounds, etc and hate to sound egotistical, but I think it's going to make a killer movie. Best of all, I have an explanation as to WHY hottie Vampira was Bela's wife in mine :D This is my dream movie to make when I have some $$$. Hopefully I can get a little together on the movie I'm doing in Sept to do just that (plus keep my investors happy and want to do another film with me).
CK

urgeok
05-03-2006, 12:00 PM
personally - i wouldnt mess with the worlds most famous 'it's so bad it's good' movie .. it has it's own place in cinematic history.

if you're going to fix something - look at a film like 'house of the dead' .... or 'the village'

MisterSadistro
05-03-2006, 01:02 PM
nah. They're not public domain LOL
CK

Prelude95Si
05-21-2006, 10:49 AM
Does anyone think this film will be compared to Gus Van Sant's Psycho?

Here is a link about the movie, it basicly says that the remake is almost a frame per frame copy.

http://www.horrorchannel.com/index.php?name=Reviews&req=showcontent&id=947

phantomstranger
05-25-2006, 01:32 PM
You know....the original is such a classic, that I see absolutely no reason for a remake (that and I'm sick of all the remakes of late) So I think I'll skip it

ItsAlive75
05-25-2006, 04:58 PM
It's a moody horror film... the kind that relies on atmosphere and character-driven storylines to scare the audience. They "thriller"ed up the Amityville remake too. I'm waiting for a Rosemary's Baby remake with a gunfight between Romsemary and the Castevets.

stacilayne
05-25-2006, 05:05 PM
For shame, Prelude95Si - linking to articles on "the competition" website. Did you read the interviews with director John Moore, right here on HDC?

Coming soon: More interviews on The Omen remake, our review, and a scene-by-scene comparison of both movies.

Staci

empressofdirt
05-28-2006, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by GREENBILL
I totally agree there. the majority ov the cast were middle aged i guess ( except sweet little damian) they do tend to put more youthful actors/actresses in remakes.....and completley fuck a perfectly descent film up!

for me, the actin' in texas chainsaw (orig) <for e.g.> was crap but its still way better than the remake i feel....

DEFINITELY better than the remake.

empressofdirt
05-28-2006, 05:17 AM

What about "IT"?

urgeok
05-28-2006, 02:00 PM
just saw a preview for the remake ..

it looks like a good cast .. this film may not be too bad.

(totally unnessessary - but if its good - what the hell)

alkytrio666
05-28-2006, 02:05 PM
just saw a preview for the remake ..

it looks like a good cast .. this film may not be too bad.

(totally unnessessary - but if its good - what the hell)

Agrred. It could be a fun time at the movies.

I'll try to enjoy it for what it is.

ItsAlive75
05-28-2006, 02:39 PM
I'll say it again, Liev Schriber is going to make or break this movie. If he doesn't carry it, it aint gonna work.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
06-11-2006, 12:03 PM
I liked it a lot. Awesome death scenes, Liev Schriber was great. Lots of jumps, good theater movie.

p.s Turn on your pm system please, why would you leave it off? Just ignore everyone elses msgs. ;) I havent been able to log in to my email acct for a week and I'm not a real email person anyway. I have one I never sent ya from 2005. :o

urgeok
06-12-2006, 06:58 AM
my friend said that if you havent seen the origional then its a cool film .. as in the psycho remake - this one was also shot from the same script.

id probably see it just to see how the new actors did ...