PDA

View Full Version : Evil Hellspawn...aka pets

chainleen
04-30-2006, 04:52 AM
So I have a kitty named Baal I adopted back in february, he's about 6.5 months old now. He bites so hard I'm afraid I'm going to wake up one morning with half my face gone! He also eats every single one of my hair ties, when I find the stash I'll never have to buy another one.

I suppose I deserve this for naming my cat after a demon.

How do your animals show their love for you?

Posher778
04-30-2006, 04:56 AM
eating all the food.

Haunted
04-30-2006, 05:04 AM
I have a ginger tabby named Irish. If there is, in fact, an entity known as Satan, Prince of Darkness, Beelzebub, Lord of Flies, the Devil, this cat is that very entity. He hates everybody...except me. I have witnessed this cat rip open the scalp of the wicked, catch his paw claw under the nail of the offender causing a red gush of blood, a yowl so deep and sinister that it would send chills down the spine of the most stalwart. But he loves his mummy. If he doesn't get petted by me when he wants it, he bites my nose, and not gently either.

I have two Schnauzers. Griffen is in league with Irish as he is Mephisto, gathering souls of the damned, and all those would make a pact with the Devil. He's a sly bastard. One minute he's on your lap with his ears laid back, brown eyes large and shining, begging to be loved. The next minute he's trying to tear your arm off to beat you with the wet end.

The other Schnauzer (Sophia a.k.a Yum Yum) as well as my Irish Setter/English Springer (Sadie May Sunshine) mix are two angels sent down to combat the evil. They are benevolent, bestowing love on all manner of creature. They give love and desire love. It is impossible not to love them for they are glorious and holy. Let it be known that I would never commit such blashemous acts towards them such as putting sweaters or any other sorts of apparel for dogs on their person.

I have a black cat that truly belongs to the Sidhe. Enough said.

By the way, chainleen, Baal is not a demon. Baal was worshipped in ancient Sumerian as a God of Agriculture. When the winning movements of the Abrahamic traditions spread out across the territory they took the names of the Gods of the local people and turned them into demons. Another example would be Asteroth, who preportedly was the Grand Duke of Hell in books on Demonology in Medieval times. Asteroth was actually taken from Asterah or Ashera who was a great Goddess in Babylonian and Sumerian times. Some say, that in certain Hebraic tribes She was worshipped as the wife of God.

cheebacheeba
04-30-2006, 05:23 AM
I have two cats...usually I hate cats, honestly I do...
One of my cats "Dusk" (The black one) hates me...I guess I used to mess with his head and do stuff to make him hiss when he was little, and he never really got over the fact that it was just a game...so if I go near him, hiss, swipe, repeat...doesn't matter how nice I am to him, the same old shit...he's getting old and senile now so I don't give a fuck really, I just laugh at him most of the time...
The other cat, Phantom (the other one), I actually like...he's a nice little fellow, and he follows me and spal around...he likes human contact, just spending time with people, yknow?
Recently, he got sick. He had a urinary tract infection...which gets pretty fucked up for cats. Picture not being able to piss...that's pretty much it, and certain levels of chemicals can toxify the bloodstream, bladders can explode...etc in the longterm, so I took him to the vet as soon as I could...where I was expecting a slightly costly procedure, turns out that was an understatement, I had to make a decision basically, for under $200, I could've just forgot it all and had him put down, or, I could have the procedure organised and done for $800.
It wasn't by definition a logical decision I made, or even really financially viable, but I chose to go through with the surgery anyway, and I'm now gonna be paying out the nose for it for a little while...which sucks, but the thing is, he's only three years old, IMO, that's less than half his life lived so far...and I thought about the times I've played with him, and he's just came over and talked to me n stuff, and it wasn't that great a decision, I pretty much commited to it straight away.
So, anyways, he's still in hospital, not looking great...drips, a catheter, and a bucket on his head...but he's gotta be in less pain and discomfort now, I keep telling myself. He's hopefully coming home in the next few days, I never realised how much I'd miss him...
So yeah, the surgery went through without complication, no chemicals had built up enough to cause permanent damage to any of his organs...he's going to be on a special diet for cats genetically prone to this condition, and hopefully he's got a long, happy, healthy life ahead of him.

A word to all pet owners: I've learned a lesson out of this - Unless you're financially very well off, if you're going to keep a pet, understand that bad things can happen, and you might have to make a similar decision somewhere down the line...if your animal matters to you, it would be nice for that decision not to break you.
I've decided that from this point onwards, I'm dedicating a savings account towards such emergencies...I figure it's a basic responsibility in the caring of my animals, and I'd suggest any pet owner does the same, saying yes and keeping our animals healthy and alive is something we should always be able to do without going completely broke (like me for the next few weeks).

Well...I typed a lot...I guess I just wanted people to know that however their pets can annoy them at times (mine ALL do), when the time comes...you know how much they mean to you, it's just something we overlook out of routine.

- B

Haunted
04-30-2006, 05:43 AM
I'm working on the same thing with the savings account dedicated to my pets. I thought that would be wise. You never know what could happen. Your dog could grab a bottle of ibuprofen at 9pm when your vet is closed, and you've got to rush to the late night vet. Irish got really sick once, and I had to sell my sterling silver flute to pay for his medical bills. I've had to sell other stuff to pay for pet bills.

It's far better to have that savings account.

chainleen
04-30-2006, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by Haunted

By the way, chainleen, Baal is not a demon. Baal was worshipped in ancient Sumerian as a God of Agriculture. When the winning movements of the Abrahamic traditions spread out across the territory they took the names of the Gods of the local people and turned them into demons. Another example would be Asteroth, who preportedly was the Grand Duke of Hell in books on Demonology in Medieval times. Asteroth was actually taken from Asterah or Ashera who was a great Goddess in Babylonian and Sumerian times. Some say, that in certain Hebraic tribes She was worshipped as the wife of God.

Gotta love vague internet lists, I knew Asteroth was derived from Ashera, but did not realize that about Baal. lol God of Agriculture is kind of fitting though considering my education and career.

Baal is funny, he will go from trying to chew out my achille's tendon to a purring baby in 2 seconds flat..all I have to do is sit on the couch and cover myself with my thow and he's all over it.

Thank you Haunted!!

The best of luck to you and your kitty Cheebacheeba. I think he will live a long full life when he recovers..my mom's "son" lived until he was 19.

Zero
05-01-2006, 08:49 AM
my puppy likes to pee in the doorway of my kitchen . .. ahh, love

hammerfan
05-01-2006, 09:23 AM
Good luck to you and Phantom, cheebs. When Taylor got sick last year I vowed to do whatever I had to do to get him better. Turned out there was nothing they could do for him. $2,000 later and no cat to bring home..........

filmmaker2
05-01-2006, 09:48 AM
I have three little furballs here, and they are just like little people. They look so sad when they get hungry! But when they get fed they cheer up and start smiling.

cheebacheeba
05-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Good luck to you and Phantom, cheebs. When Taylor got sick last year I vowed to do whatever I had to do to get him better. Turned out there was nothing they could do for him. $2,000 later and no cat to bring home

Well, that's just fucked...and that you hadda pay...I suppose you're paying for the attempt though, right, not the garaunteed success, of which there is none...still, fucked up bullshit all the same.
Phantom is up to $1k now, and it doesn't look like rising far above that aside from costs for his stay there (with medical treatment, that's about $30AUD a day)...Spal went to see him while I was at work yesterday, he's a lot better, walking and talking again, further tests showed no blood toxification from the whole incident which means that if he walks away from this, he should stay healthy...he IS genetically prone to the condition, but as long as certain measures are taken in terms of his diet, it shouldn't happen again....I'm happy that he's ok....he should be coming home soon.

Spallalala
05-02-2006, 12:11 AM
When I went to see Phantom, he was laying in the corner and looked really sad and drugged up.
I opened the cage and he kinda made this strange meow at me then came over and wouldn't stop kissing me. God I dont think I have cried that much is a while. I mean for the past few days he hasn't been around and when I have seen him he has been hissing at me and basically been very angry , so I just thought that he didn't want to know me anymore. But yeah yesterday he was up and kissing then I found out that his vet bills just keep going up.
Never thought I would pay this much but in the past few months he has become one of the nicest cats I have ever met. Always wanting to see you and be with you, and to me thats a great cat.

After reading your post hammer I just feel like crying some more. Just thinking about the possibility of him not coming home. I mean they say he is but I dunno...Feeling weird now.

UPDATE:

Just spoke with the vet. Phantom is doing well. He has had all his tests done and he is fine. They haven't found anything wrong with him.
But theres one problem. He wont piss on his own anymore. They had to give him another catheta ?sp? , so he is slightly uncomfortable again.
They didn't find any nerve damage, no problems with his bladder, and he is eating and drinking fine...
According to the vet we may have to spend the next few months actually squeezing his bladder to make him piss, until he decides to do it himself. Which is all good cause it means he is at home.

She did make me laugh when I spoke with him. She was saying that Phantom is a bit of a contortionist, because he is wearing a bucket around his head he is somehow managing to twist around and lick his "willy" as she put it.

But I get to see him 2morro and say hello.

hammerfan
05-02-2006, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
Well, that's just fucked...and that you hadda pay...I suppose you're paying for the attempt though, right, not the garaunteed success, of which there is none...still, fucked up bullshit all the same.
Phantom is up to $1k now, and it doesn't look like rising far above that aside from costs for his stay there (with medical treatment, that's about $30AUD a day)...Spal went to see him while I was at work yesterday, he's a lot better, walking and talking again, further tests showed no blood toxification from the whole incident which means that if he walks away from this, he should stay healthy...he IS genetically prone to the condition, but as long as certain measures are taken in terms of his diet, it shouldn't happen again....I'm happy that he's ok....he should be coming home soon.

Aww, cheebs, I didn't mean to dishearten you! Taylor's situation was much worse than Phantom's - he had pancreatitis and it caused his liver to fail. When that happens with an animal, that's the end. It's not like with humans where you can do a liver transplant. Hmm, any future vets out there that would like to do research on this?

hammerfan
05-02-2006, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by Spallalala
When I went to see Phantom, he was laying in the corner and looked really sad and drugged up.
I opened the cage and he kinda made this strange meow at me then came over and wouldn't stop kissing me. God I dont think I have cried that much is a while. I mean for the past few days he hasn't been around and when I have seen him he has been hissing at me and basically been very angry , so I just thought that he didn't want to know me anymore. But yeah yesterday he was up and kissing then I found out that his vet bills just keep going up.
Never thought I would pay this much but in the past few months he has become one of the nicest cats I have ever met. Always wanting to see you and be with you, and to me thats a great cat.

After reading your post hammer I just feel like crying some more. Just thinking about the possibility of him not coming home. I mean they say he is but I dunno...Feeling weird now.

UPDATE:

Just spoke with the vet. Phantom is doing well. He has had all his tests done and he is fine. They haven't found anything wrong with him.
But theres one problem. He wont piss on his own anymore. They had to give him another catheta ?sp? , so he is slightly uncomfortable again.
They didn't find any nerve damage, no problems with his bladder, and he is eating and drinking fine...
According to the vet we may have to spend the next few months actually squeezing his bladder to make him piss, until he decides to do it himself. Which is all good cause it means he is at home.

She did make me laugh when I spoke with him. She was saying that Phantom is a bit of a contortionist, because he is wearing a bucket around his head he is somehow managing to twist around and lick his "willy" as she put it.

But I get to see him 2morro and say hello.

Same to you spal that I said to cheebs - I didn't mean to dishearten you. I'm extremely happy that Phantom's tests came back OK. It's amazing what we'll do for our pets, isn't it?! There was another cat in the house (Sammy) who was diabetic and had to have an insulin shot everyday. I got pretty good at giving those shots! Best of luck with Phantom. I'm sure he'll get healthy and strong with you and cheebs taking such good care of him.

Spallalala
05-02-2006, 04:21 AM
It wasn't you that put the bad thoughts into me. I did that enough just thinking about him being sick. I think its a general rule inside me that I can't get rid of. If someone human or animal is sick I instantly think the worst of it all.

And yeah your right about the transplant thing. If something can be done for a human then why the hell not for animals.
To mean animals come above human life. If I had the choice between one of them being put down it would be the human ( unless it was cheebs that was the human here hehe)

hammerfan
05-02-2006, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by Spallalala
It wasn't you that put the bad thoughts into me. I did that enough just thinking about him being sick. I think its a general rule inside me that I can't get rid of. If someone human or animal is sick I instantly think the worst of it all.

And yeah your right about the transplant thing. If something can be done for a human then why the hell not for animals.
To mean animals come above human life. If I had the choice between one of them being put down it would be the human ( unless it was cheebs that was the human here hehe)

OK, good. I was worried that I upset you! And I agree - I can think of a few humans I would like to see put down instead of animals! If I were in my 20s again I would go to vet school and see about doing transplants for animals. And I'm dead serious about that!

Abominus
05-02-2006, 07:43 AM
I currently have two rabbits Sy and Dr. Mambo. The worst they do is poop when we let them out for a run. Rabbits sure poop a lot.

Spallalala
05-02-2006, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Abominus
I currently have two rabbits Sy and Dr. Mambo. The worst they do is poop when we let them out for a run. Rabbits sure poop a lot.

So do guinea pigs.. ugly little fuckers too.( the pig not the rabbit hehe)

Haunted
05-02-2006, 10:55 AM
Spal, Cheeba, blessings be on your kitty. I hope he makes a grand recovery. I know how hard that is as well. I remember when Irish got sick.

Zero
05-02-2006, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Posher778
eating all the food.

posher- your avatar looks like my new puppy - is that a wheaten terrier by any chance?

Haunted
05-02-2006, 11:30 AM
God, you know the world's going to shit, when monkeys start having puppies. :D

Zero
05-03-2006, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Haunted
God, you know the world's going to shit, when monkeys start having puppies. :D

true - but imagine a world with the reverse: puppies having monkeys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

besides we have a lot in common - fleas, digging in dung, uhm, sniffing each other

Haunted
05-03-2006, 04:37 AM
The last part I could have done without, Zero, thank you.:p