PDA

View Full Version : DramaFest, AKA Where Ive Been

The_Return
04-29-2006, 05:36 PM
As Ive mentioned quite a few times around here, Im an actor. I live for the stage.

This week there was a province-wide DramaFest in our provincial capitol, and my school prepared 2 plays to present there. Its a 1 act play competition, so nothing was more tthan an hour or so. We got free passes to see as many other shows as we wanted, and I went to as many as possible. I couldnt go to them all, unfortunatly, because due to the fact that they have 2 theatres, there was 2 plays on at any given time. Anyway, I still got to see 10 plays, and I was really amazed at the overall quality. Even the worst that I saw were fairly well-done; they all had at least a few highlights. They really ran the gamut: some were absoloutly hilarious, while others damn near had me in tears. There were famous, well-respected plays being performed, as well as experty written original pieces, many written and directed by students. The overall talent was amazing.

Anyway, I had a role in both plays my school presented. In the first one, I had an incredibly small but incredibly important part, and in the second I had a much bigger/friggin hilarious role. Anyway, both plays went over great, I had an amazing time. The best part though? They had an awards ceremony before we left, right? They gave probably 10-15 awards per category [Best Actor, Best Production, ect.], and I won Best Supporting Actor FOR BOTH OF MY ROLES!! I was in shock that I won for the first play...I had 2 lines at the very end, but they were two of the most important lines in the play. Anyway, it was awesome and almost everyone in both of our casts also got awards. We did amazing, and I had an awesome couple days:D :D

PS-

I would have to assume that there is a crapload of typos in that, but I really dont care. We were up until the wee hours of the morning the whole time we were there and Im way to damn tired to proofread tonight.

pinkfloyd45769
04-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Congrats Return!! Nice to see ya back! :)

Posher778
04-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Congrats! I just asat around and ate...