PDA

View Full Version : My first movie

vmr128
04-27-2006, 03:05 PM
ok im getting a camra and im aiming to start over the summer my first movie called "CLONE". A low budget movie when a kid sees an exacte replica of himself (without lab things) and the clone tries to kill the kid. i thinki can pull; it off and im writing the script and i was post it somewhere soon so tell me if this is a good i dea for a movie and give some sugesttions.

Posher778
04-27-2006, 03:15 PM
Ehhh... Well, you asked. I don't think it sounds very good. A random clone... who attacks his other self... "what's my motivation?"

MisterSadistro
04-27-2006, 10:01 PM
Suggestions: use interesting camera angles, good lighting, decent sound and don't waste people's time to get them to watch it if it's just going to be something that only your friends are going to watch by your house on the weekend since you're all just screwing around in it. Acting and a weak plot is forgivable if it at least looks like there was some effort involved. Good luck.
CK

bwind22
04-27-2006, 10:16 PM
The plot's been done before, but what plot hasn't? My only advice would be to NEVER post your script anywhere unless you have already registered it! If you post an unregistered script, it becomes fair game for someone else to steal and use.

That's all the advice I have. Have fun and good luck.

urgeok
04-28-2006, 02:39 AM
my advice = i hope you hired identical twins ..

Shadowman
04-28-2006, 07:00 AM
I hate those science fiction movies. And if you WANT to post your script on THIS messageboard, then I suggest you make a little copyright symbol on it. It won't do much, but it'd be the best thing on your script. I hate clone movies. And This is a HORROr messageboard, your Idea doesn't sound scary. You COULD shoot this movie, I'd make a better story. And what's the budget going to be?

urgeok
04-28-2006, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Shadowman
I hate those science fiction movies. And if you WANT to post your script on THIS messageboard, then I suggest you make a little copyright symbol on it. It won't do much, but it'd be the best thing on your script. I hate clone movies. And This is a HORROr messageboard, your Idea doesn't sound scary. You COULD shoot this movie, I'd make a better story. And what's the budget going to be?

so - you're speaking for everyone ?

alkytrio666
04-28-2006, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by bwind22
The plot's been done before, but what plot hasn't? My only advice would be to NEVER post your script anywhere unless you have already registered it! If you post an unregistered script, it becomes fair game for someone else to steal and use.

That's all the advice I have. Have fun and good luck.

Well, the real strong part of the story- the bizzareness of seeing an exact replica of yourself- was an episode of the Twighlight Zone.

The Flayed One
04-28-2006, 10:00 AM
Ok. I'll give you some feedback. Just make sure you understand that I'm being blunt because I'm a writer. This is not meant to be mean-spirited, just helpful.

1.) No self-respecting writer who gets paid/wants to get paid for their work is going to just throw a bunch of ideas at you when you give them a single line of plot. P2P writing help is based on feedback and the strong/weak points of your story. This is your baby, not ours; we're not going to write it for you.

That being said, what I'm getting out of this is: Boy sees clone, clone tries to kill boy. That's it? That's pretty vague, but I'll pop you some questions that might help you give us some more to work with.

Q: How does he know it's a clone? You said there's no lab/science involved, so how does your main character know it's not just some guy who bears a striking resemblance?

Q: Are you building mystery around this clone? Why he's there, where he came from & why he's trying to kill your hero? I'll state right now, that if a clone just pops up and starts chasing your hero trying to off him for no reason: it's pretty bad. I personally wouldn't watch it, and I'd gather that a lot of others wouldn't, either.

I'll throw you a bone and give you an idea to build around, though. Why don't you try having part of the story deal with your heros' self doubt. Say something happens to the point where he wonders if HE's the one who's the clone, not his counterpart trying to kill him. That might start to make it a little more interesting.

I really can't help you more unless you give me some more to go on. Hope that helps so far.

-Flayed

RavageRitual
04-28-2006, 10:08 AM
Sorta like the scene in "Army Of Darkness"

Sorry dude but, bad idea....

Shadowman
04-28-2006, 12:50 PM
Killer Clones from outerspace? What's the title? Why is there a clone? Why does it want to kill. I thought this messageboard was for HORROR movies. Clones aren't scary. The only movie that could pull clones being scary is Invasion of the body snatchers. Sorry, find another story, yours just won't work.

vmr128
04-28-2006, 01:23 PM
well i have been thinking of this over the past few days and during school and im still thinking of certain parts but the one idea is that if it is a clone than you can have a conflict at a part where no one knows which one is the one trying to kill everyone. Some ideas also are to have someone see the clone who is friends with the guy and the clone push him or somthing and then the actual person come and the friend really mad. And i said that no lab wark or other stuff done because i didn't want it to be a sci-fi movie and more of a horror and have it also the guy starts to see the clone more often and eventualy the clone starts to leave the guy notes or somthing. i started on my rough copy of the script and will porbaly make maney changes to the script. I know how hard movies are to make and i ahve made a 20 min short movie with some friends and it will air on rcn soon. (i do not know when.) but i am having a horror movie weekend and i will be watching some horror movies to think of things to do. not by taking ideas but by helping me think of new ones. ok.

Posher778
04-28-2006, 01:45 PM
Killer Clones from outerspace? What's the title? Why is there a clone? Why does it want to kill. I thought this messageboard was for HORROR movies. Clones aren't scary. The only movie that could pull clones being scary is Invasion of the body snatchers. Sorry, find another story, yours just won't work.

How about you stop talking like everyone is supposed to agree with you, it's getting really annoying.

Shadowman
04-28-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Posher778
How about you stop talking like everyone is supposed to agree with you, it's getting really annoying.

Shut the fuck up, I'm talking to HIM not YOU.

Posher778
04-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Yeah well if you don't want replies from other people then PM him! You don't have to act like a dick about it.

Shadowman
04-28-2006, 04:43 PM
Yeah well if you don't want replies from other people then PM him! You don't have to act like a dick about it.

You're the one who is acting like a dick.

Posher778
04-28-2006, 04:47 PM
I'm not the one who replied with "shut the fuck up" just because someone asked you to stop being a jerk to someone.

Shadowman
04-28-2006, 04:57 PM
I'm not the one who replied with "shut the fuck up" just because someone asked you to stop being a jerk to someone.

First of all, I'm being honest. Second of all, I'm helping him, I'm just saying he should find a new movie to work on. His won't work. And it's just my opinion anyway.

urgeok
04-28-2006, 05:02 PM
First of all, I'm being honest. Second of all, I'm helping him, I'm just saying he should find a new movie to work on. His won't work. And it's just my opinion anyway.

how does your hate for 'clone films' help him ..
i dont think he set out to make films to suit your personal tastes.
i doubt he even gives a shit.
clean up your act - or play tough guy on another forum.

Posher778
04-28-2006, 05:05 PM
Seriously, you were not trying to help him out, and everyone knows it. Sure it wasn't the best idea ever, but you didn't have to attack him about it, which is exactly what you did.

The Flayed One
04-28-2006, 05:49 PM
Seriously, you were not trying to help him out, and everyone knows it. Sure it wasn't the best idea ever, but you didn't have to attack him about it, which is exactly what you did.

I'm going to have to agree with Posher here. Dude, his idea may have sucked in a lot of our eyes, but you don't need to completely discourage him. Everyone starts somewhere. Your first idea may suck, but you have to try to make it better. Build on it; that's the foundation of good writing. Trust me, I've went trhough the process hundreds of times. What I said may have been harsh, but it was meant to do nothing but help. I can't see anything productive that you've offered that wasn't a nasty rehash of what one of us said or was just a direct insult. If you're a writer (and I doubt you are from your condescending tone) then you need to be supportive. Tear down when you have to, but be supportive none-the-less. We'd do the same for you (at least I would.)

vmr128
04-28-2006, 06:19 PM
hey thanks flayed im writing my first movie (kind of second) and i really just want to get one across. My friends said they are going to help me with it and im coming across with some preety good ideas but thats for a different time. I hope this movie comes across good.

The Flayed One
04-28-2006, 06:39 PM
If you want some serious help, I still need more to go on. Ala my first post, I have to know what this script is made of. As I said before; my advice is limited to what you give me to work with. I'm not going to write it for you; you have to tip your hand and let me know what you have before I can critique you. PM me if you need,

vmr128
04-28-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by alkytrio666
Well, the real strong part of the story- the bizzareness of seeing an exact replica of yourself- was an episode of the Twighlight Zone.

hasn't everything today been done by the twilight zone?

Angelakillsluts
04-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Any story can be good if it's told the right way.

Posher778
04-29-2006, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by vmr128
hasn't everything today been done by the twilight zone?

.....no.....

Shadowman
04-29-2006, 09:33 AM
Posher778: Ehhh... Well, you asked. I don't think it sounds very good. A random clone... who attacks his other self... "what's my motivation?"

And you're not acting like an ass to him either? He DID ask and I'm telling him what I think. So knock it off.

tonemeister
04-29-2006, 10:44 AM
anyone who is willing to make a movie and put it out there for people to see, review and whatnot i give credit to. it takes a lot of work and a really thick skin to take the insults that go along with it. just make your movie and put a good effort into it. some people will like it, some people will hate it but least you've done it.

vmr128
04-29-2006, 12:12 PM
thanks tonemeister.

Shadowman
04-29-2006, 01:18 PM
thanks tonemeister.

Listen, I'm sorry about what I said. I gues with the right script it could work. Go ahead and film your movie.

Posher778
04-29-2006, 03:05 PM
Posher778: Ehhh... Well, you asked. I don't think it sounds very good. A random clone... who attacks his other self... "what's my motivation?"

Look, you apologized, so its ok now, but you still pissed me off when you tols me to stfu for no good reason, so... either way, i'm going to have less respect for you now.

vmr128
04-29-2006, 06:50 PM
Ok so all you guys think my movie is crap, but that dosen't mean i am going to stop now. I now have motivation to finish this movie to prove i can have a good movie out of a not so good idea. So yea guys thanks( even though two of you fought through this thread).

Angelakillsluts
04-29-2006, 09:51 PM
I now have motivation to finish this movie to prove i can have a good movie out of a not so good idea.

Hey, I know that. :mad:

I also think the idea has potential though, maybe as a part of a bigger idea.

urgeok
05-01-2006, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Angelakillsluts
Hey, I know that. :mad:

I also think the idea has potential though, maybe as a part of a bigger idea.

or a clone of a similar idea :p

Zero
05-01-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by urgeok