PDA

View Full Version : It's that time again

AmericanManiac
04-20-2006, 03:51 PM
Well for me anyways GRILLING season ! I was wondering what everyone like to cook out on the grill ? My favorites are "baked"/grilled potatoes, grilled vegtables, steak and chicken ! That is what I cook the most, I also don't mind fish but not a favorite, how about everyone else ?

The STE
04-20-2006, 04:16 PM
steak. There's not a food I can think of that comes close to a really good steak

noctuary
04-20-2006, 06:12 PM
I hate steak. When I was growing up, my dad would cook steaks 3-4 times weekly, and after being forced to eat it so many times, I've grown to despise it. Anyway, my favorite things to grill are: chicken, shrimp, or a good ocean fish (swordfish, mahi mahi, etc.)

ItsAlive75
04-20-2006, 06:19 PM
Burgers and dogs, you can be a complete mental retard and still make a decent burger.

Posher778
04-20-2006, 06:35 PM
I've always liked Pot Roast, stewed carrots, big boiled potatoes and a lot of salt, pepper and butter as my favorite meal

dewaholic
04-20-2006, 07:48 PM
The only thing I can grill decently is a grilled cheese sandwich. Other than that, the microwave is my cooking tool.

The STE
04-20-2006, 07:51 PM
sushi comes close to steak, but we're talking about grilling, so it doesn't count

dewaholic
04-20-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by The STE
sushi comes close to steak, but we're talking about grilling, so it doesn't count

sushi blech. I'd rather eat pussy. A well done steak is great though.

The STE
04-20-2006, 07:59 PM
hell, I'd rather eat pussy, too.

dewaholic
04-20-2006, 08:22 PM
HAHA of course. But I'm a girl & I like the cock.

The STE
04-20-2006, 08:33 PM
oh, I was unaware.

Point is, sushi is awesome

dewaholic
04-20-2006, 08:37 PM
Well my point is, is that I'd rather lick a pussy than put raw fish in my mouth. Oh yea & btw I'm not too adventurous at all with food. Nothing funky for me. funky imo is sushi, eel, buffalo, snake, oysters, etc. Oh & I'd rather have a pet lobster than a lobster dish.

cheebacheeba
04-20-2006, 09:08 PM
Seared Sashimi tuna, light Lemon & pepper.
Flame Grilled Steaks (rare)
Tandoori chicken, marinated, bbq'd, served with Raita.
Swordfish, Atlantic Salmon, octopus - prepared "my way".
Lamb - Roasts, cutlets, racks, tenderloins...however.
I make my own burgers from scratch, they're pretty good.

Freshly ground pepper, Garlic, Fresh Chillis...these ingredients are always present.

Vegetables + Salads...always good, I know a variety of recipes and ingredients too big to mention, but all the same, if there's meat or fish, I make sure I consume these too.

Dew...why wouldn't you eat Buffalo?

cheebacheeba
04-20-2006, 10:07 PM
Since we're talking food, here's the specifics of one of my favourites to try -

Get yourself some GOOD lamb...like backstraps/tenderloins, or if you have some leftover from a leg roast...
Cut it into bite-size peices.

To your meat, add: Diced onion, cornflour (just enough to coat the meat) black pepper, salt to taste, ground cumin, sweet paprika, a little chilli powder if you want it spicy. Add lemon juice, and mix it all together, marinate under cover, refrigerated for half an hour or more. The mixture should be moist, not wet. Quantities should be added to taste.

Then, chop about 4 cloved of garlic, and a small amount of ginger (equal to about one large clove of garlic), chop these finely. Add crushed/ground pepper, then add salt. The salt works to season, and as an abrasive, eg - it will help you cut down the garlic and ginger into a more paste-like concistancy. So...keep at it until the chop is very fine, and approaching paste.
Mix this into some PLAIN yhogurt. A small tub.
Taste it - if it's too strong, add more yhogurt, too weak, add more of the garlic/ginger mixture.

Ok...cook your meat/onion mixture on a low-medium texture, under cover, stirring occasionally. It should stay moist, so, add a little water as needed. While this is cooking...

Slice some tomatoes, lettuce, spanish (purple) onion...and other salad stuff you might desire. Serve your yhogurt mixture into a small bowl, make a spoon available for use.
Organise your salad ingredients onto a plate, and then get some nice bread...I think this is best served as a "wrap", but you could do it in a bread roll as well...a sandwich may be a little boring though...
When your meat is cooked through, throw that on a plate/bowl.

So you'll have your lamb, your salad, your garlic yhogurt, and your bread. Construct it as you like it...

- B.

AUSTIN316426808
04-20-2006, 10:07 PM
Basically everything Sam said.

cheebacheeba
04-20-2006, 10:17 PM
Well for me anyways GRILLING season !
Does this mean something to ALL of you? Grilling SEASON?
Shit...I cook what I want, how I want, when I want...how strange.

you can be a complete mental retard and still make a decent burger.
I just can't agree with that...I've had some really shitty burgers, completely bland and flavourless. Maybe I'm just being a bitch about it 'cos mine are so good...but, I can't stand crappy burgers.

Preacher
04-20-2006, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by dewaholic
Well my point is, is that I'd rather lick a pussy than put raw fish in my mouth.

Sometimes if you pick the wrong girl, you cant tell the difference. He he.

Yeah. Dont really have a 'grilling' season cos I grill a lot of things all year round - healthy and all that bs.

Love grilled cajun chickin or tandori chicken. Not a big fan of stake really although I had grilled kangaroo stake when I was in oz and that was gorgeous.

Px

AUSTIN316426808
04-20-2006, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
Does this mean something to ALL of you? Grilling SEASON?
Shit...I cook what I want, how I want, when I want...how strange.

Summer's almost here or is here(hell if I know), people grill all year obviously but more often in summer because of the weather. Again, that's just what I think he means, for all I know there might be a time period officially known as grilling season.

cheebacheeba
04-21-2006, 05:30 AM
So you just bbq during summer?
Guess it gets colder in your parts than it ever does here...

although I had grilled kangaroo stake when I was in oz and that was gorgeous.
Yup, good stuff...

AUSTIN316426808
04-21-2006, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
So you just bbq during summer?

Not only just mostly.

Dante'sInferno
04-21-2006, 10:33 AM
Steak....burgers.....chicken.......hot dogs.....and um....corn...and um....er......NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEC H

Haunted
04-21-2006, 10:38 AM
I like grilled squash and zucchini. Grilled salmon is good.

I'm going to have to be honest and say that I'm going to be slowly cutting out meat over the next few months, and yes it is a moral thing.

I know what you're thinking, "Oh god, now she's really going to be self righteously eco-friendly." However, I'll just say it under my breath like, and won't type it.

Grab the squewers!

AmericanManiac
04-21-2006, 11:03 AM
I probley would cook out all year around, put i'm not bundling up and standing out in the snow to cook.

ItsAlive75
04-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by AmericanManiac
I probley would cook out all year around, put i'm not bundling up and standing out in the snow to cook.

Fuckin' aye, that's just desperation. Grilling season is pretty much every season but winter.

Haunted
04-21-2006, 12:09 PM
Not so, for my dad. He'll get out there in the frigid and grill some fillet mignons for a crowd. He's a die hard grill master.

ItsAlive75
04-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Haunted
Not so, for my dad. He'll get out there in the frigid and grill some fillet mignons for a crowd. He's a die hard grill master.

my ma's like that too... my dad won't go outside when it's snowing. He's a puss.

filmmaker2
04-21-2006, 01:38 PM
Shrimp, marinated in garlic and cat heads.

I mean,

Shrimp, marinated in garlic and lemon juice.

Haunted
04-21-2006, 04:54 PM
My dad does that, but he adds something else. Can't think of what it is at the mo, however.

AmericanManiac
04-22-2006, 06:22 AM
mmm... cat heads there are plenty around here I am going to have to try that sometime.

ItsAlive75
04-22-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by AmericanManiac
mmm... cat heads there are plenty around here I am going to have to try that sometime.

Cat Heads N' Such, over on the corner of 4th and Waburn? Yeah, they got good cat heads.

chainleen
04-22-2006, 09:47 AM
I would eat my own feet if it had grill marks.

My favorite are grilled peppers and mushrooms and tuna steak grilled just long enough to leave marks, I want the inside raw still.

AmericanManiac
04-22-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by chainleen
I would eat my own feet if it had grill marks.

My favorite are grilled peppers and mushrooms and tuna steak grilled just long enough to leave marks, I want the inside raw still.
mmm thats the best kind of meat ! NICE and BLOODY !

The STE
04-22-2006, 03:51 PM
I like mine medium. I like the taste of rare steak, just not the texture

ItsAlive75
04-22-2006, 04:41 PM
I go closer to medium rare, I like steak when its chewy.