PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

kpropain
04-18-2006, 07:26 AM
Ok I know this belongs in the music section and I will move it there after I get some replies but for now I figured more people would see it here...

Ok so I'm sitting here at home out of work for a few days cause I cracked the radius bone in my forearm after getting taken out in a race this weekend by a non riding jackass...

Anyway I'm looking for "NEW" bands to download tunes from to add to my ipod, so when I can get back to riding I will have a lot of new music to ride to...

So any suggestions for "NEW" stuff, any kind of genre really except for rap, I don't really listen to that garbage..

kpropain
04-18-2006, 08:59 AM
C'mon all these people on the board and not one suggestion?

newb
04-18-2006, 10:13 AM
Sorry to hear about your injury K.

You seemed to have emphasized
"NEW".......so being an old fart....i can't help ya.

If you want something "new" to you, i can recommend Gov't Mule......my favorite....great blues,rock,funk mix.The guitarest Warren Haynes is incredible.

Another great guitar player in the vein of S.R.V. is Joe Bonamassa.

stubbornforgey
04-18-2006, 12:07 PM
Soz to hear about your injury..
It depends on taste..
so far i keep reverting back to the 70's n 80's music...anything after them years
are crap..i mean rap crap.

alkytrio666
04-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Nekromantix

Anything by them is awesome but a few great songs are:

-Monster Movie Fan

-Driller Killer

-Nekromantik Baby

-Dead Moon Walking

chainleen
04-18-2006, 12:19 PM
I'm not sure if itunes would have them or not but Ego Likeness is a great band kind of a trip-hop/industrial/rock sound..more rock with their second album.

Posher778
04-18-2006, 12:26 PM
Well, no one really likes my music on here, but, Coldplay...

The_Return
04-18-2006, 12:46 PM
Might not be to easy to find, but Id recomend checking out Ermine. I havent heard their new album yet, but Maps of the Rise and Fall is great. They're kind of a mix of different sounds...hard screaming rock 'n roll vocals, to soft singing...hardcore guitar, to violin. I think they're very cool.

ItsAlive75
04-18-2006, 02:00 PM
THRICE

Half screamo, half mellow, all really well-done, atomospheric shit.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Maybe not your thing. Technical rock, singer sounds a bit femenine, rocks pretty hard though

AUSTIN316426808
04-18-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Maybe not your thing. Technical rock, singer sounds a bit femenine, rocks pretty hard though

Gets pretty high sometimes but I wouldn't say femenine.

bwind22
04-19-2006, 05:16 AM
Self (Not new overall, but probably new to you. Good chillin music.)

NOFX (New CD came out yesterday. Wolves in Wolves Clothing.)

The Burden Brothers (Texas hard rock from the former members of The Toadies, GWAR, and Reverend Horton Heat.)

Bad Religion (Not new at all, but if you haven't ever given them a good listen, I highly recommend them. Anti establishment punk band that's been around since the early 80s and is still rockin.)

kpropain
04-20-2006, 09:09 PM
Thx for all the suggestions guys, some of them I've heard of, but I'll def. check out the ones that I haven't :)

monalisa
04-20-2006, 09:27 PM
Just bought a CD by Blue October "Foiled". Heard them on Jay Leno of all places. Don't know what the rest of the CD is like, but I liked the song "Hate Me".

cheebacheeba
04-20-2006, 09:30 PM
KP, you should go to the "what song are you listening to" thread in the music bit, just look for bands/artists you don't recognise in there, and get it.

Haunted
04-21-2006, 12:14 PM
NOFX, now that's a band I hadn't heard about in a long time.

I got in trouble as a freshman in high school for wearing their "White Trash Two Heebs and a Bean" t-shirt to school. My home-room teacher was Jewish. Oops.

The STE
04-21-2006, 12:52 PM
Modest Mouse and Broken Social Scene are good. Elysian Fields are a pretty solid group, too. Yeah Yeah Yeahs have some good stuff but tend to be pretty hit and miss

monalisa
04-22-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by monalisa
Just bought a CD by Blue October "Foiled". Heard them on Jay Leno of all places. Don't know what the rest of the CD is like, but I liked the song "Hate Me".

Update - the rest of the CD is excellent, kinda depressing, but I like that sometimes.

Oh, and Posh, I like Cold Play too. You're not alone (heh heh, menacing laugh in the background for the sake of being on a horror board). :p But seriously I do like them.

Haunted
04-23-2006, 08:12 AM
The Dead Milkmen. They're not a new band, and they don't have a good beat that you can dance to, but I swear to god they will make you feel better.

Pretty munch anything by Mojo Nixon, since, you know, you bein' a South Carolina boy and all.