PDA

View Full Version : Kairo? [ Aka 'Pulse' ] & Archia

Yasashii
04-17-2006, 09:49 PM
Has anyone seen 'Kairo' ? It's about a group of teenagers who find a website after their friend commits suicide that promises to let them talk to the dead.
I was wondering if anyone recommanded it if they have seen it.

Angra
04-18-2006, 02:24 AM
http://horror.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18923

Yes.

urgeok
04-18-2006, 07:54 AM
good movie ..

noctuary
04-18-2006, 09:02 AM
My favorite Asian movie. Enough said.

Yasashii
04-18-2006, 02:03 PM
Alright, I'll keep that in mind. I was gonna go rent it but our video stores only have 'A tale of two sisters' good but I own it, 'Archia', 'Audition', and some one that kinda sickens me about a japanese woman who's turned on by dead people so she kills just to take pictures. lol
But yet I don't want to buy it and it not be something I like...descisions, descisions..

Nyarlathotep
04-18-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Yasashii
and some one that kinda sickens me about a japanese woman who's turned on by dead people so she kills just to take pictures. lol

correction. :eek:

ab-normal beauty

Yasashii
04-19-2006, 04:13 AM
Ehh? Abnormal Beauty? it's abnormal all right. lol I dunno what that movies called though..

Nyarlathotep
04-19-2006, 09:58 AM
Ehh? Abnormal Beauty? it's abnormal all right. lol I dunno what that movies called though..

ab-normal beauty :rolleyes:

newb
04-19-2006, 10:07 AM
hee hee hee

Abby.....something.

Nyarlathotep
04-19-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by newb
hee hee hee

Abby.....something.

Yasashii
04-19-2006, 01:50 PM
OH! Ugh. lol I feel stupid I thought you were saying what it was, not the title. Sorry.. *Hides*

Angra
04-20-2006, 12:05 AM
OH! Ugh. lol I feel stupid I thought you were saying what it was, not the title. Sorry.. *Hides*

Give us some credit. We are not THAT mean in here.... Are we?

*Whistles* :rolleyes:

mothermold
04-21-2006, 11:07 PM
Has anyone seen 'Kairo' ? It's about a group of teenagers who find a website after their friend commits suicide that promises to let them talk to the dead.
I was wondering if anyone recommanded it if they have seen it.

Yes it's quite good.See it now before the remake comes out and soils it's image.

And Ab-Normal Beauty is also a good film you should check out....it's not that graphic.

ShepisFan
04-22-2006, 04:42 AM
I liked Kairo a lot, even if the movie is a little weird, but which japanese movie isn't? :D Now let's see the remake, I don't think it will be any good.

newb
04-27-2006, 08:24 AM
DL this the other night....but i gotta add the subtitles........never done that before...any suggestions?

I have the srt. file.

Nyarl?*

*note the correct spelling

Nyarlathotep
04-27-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by newb
DL this the other night....but i gotta add the subtitles........never done that before...any suggestions?

I have the srt. file.

Nyarl?*

*note the correct spelling

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/subtitle_tools/vobsub.cfm

;)

newb
04-27-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Nyarlathotep
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/subtitle_tools/vobsub.cfm

;)

Thank you, kind sir.

flyingmouse77
05-09-2006, 07:10 PM
Well, we rented the Japanese version from the video store and couldn't really get into it. I'm actually looking forward to the American version because I thought the preview looked pretty scary.

flyingmouse77

Angra
05-10-2006, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by flyingmouse77
Well, we rented the Japanese version from the video store and couldn't really get into it. I'm actually looking forward to the American version because I thought the preview looked pretty scary.

flyingmouse77

Hmm..... Maybe you´re just not into Asian horror movies?...

newb
05-10-2006, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by flyingmouse77

flyingmouse77

I'm surprised you didn't like this one, after reading in another thread that you went more for the cerebral horror movies. IMO it don't get more cerebral than this while maintaining a high level of emotion.I mean who hasn't dealt with loneliness in one form or another.

flyingmouse77
05-10-2006, 09:49 AM
Well, we have it until Monday I think, so we'll probably give it another try. We didn't get very far into it, but it didn't seem as good as the other Asian films we've seen. Not that we've seen a lot so far, but I think we expected more from this movie based on things we'd read. I do want to try to watch the whole thing, if for no other reason than to have it for comparison when the American one comes out.

flyingmouse77

flyingmouse77
05-10-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Angra
Hmm..... Maybe you´re just not into Asian horror movies?...

I don't think I've seen enough to really know. I need to look up the other ones we've seen, because I did like those. I just can't remember the names right off hand.

flyingmouse77