PDA

View Full Version : So what's with this store ?

AmericanManiac
04-15-2006, 04:39 AM
Does HDC have a store or what I have seen the button for awhile but everytime I click on it, I get nothing. Does it work for anyone else?

The_Return
04-15-2006, 04:40 AM
Ive clicked that myself, I guess Horror must have never finished it.

bloodrayne
04-15-2006, 11:07 AM
HaHa...We didn't even have a DATABASE, until I started encouraging people to help add movies to the one at the bottom of the front forums page...Here's a funny side note:

Darth Bane kept posting videos of Iraqi beheadings, all kinds of nazi and racist shit, and other things in the bottom 3 sections (Contributor's Corner, Database, Articles)...Because when he first started his shit, we had NO moderators here...Then, when we finally did have moderators, those sections were left unmoderated and we couldn't remove anything (thus, they became his favorites) ...Soooo, we (Zwoti, Cerberus, Shanks and I) spent a LOT of time adding 'crap posts' just to bury everything onto the second page (because no one really ever looks at the second page)...When he was doing it in the database, it was easier for him because there were only about 10 threads there...We made new ones, but all he had to do was go to the second page and make one post on one of HIS threads, to bring it back up to the top....

He kept doing that...It was frustrating trying to keep up with him, because we had to make about 50 posts to his 1...

That's when I made this thread:

http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6855&highlight=database

It was a very subtle attempt to get people to help us bury Bane's garbage...(But, no one knew that;)).....kPro and Jay were adding tons of movies every day...Bane couldn't keep up...It was awesome...

Also....It happened to be at that exact time that Horror decided to add more moderators...He saw (that day) that kPro had about 3 pages in the database, with only his name on them...So, Horror made kPro the mod of the database, AND he linked that database to the button at the top of the forum page...THAT button used to do nothing, too

So...I guess you could say that Bane gave us our database, and made kPro a moderator...Funny how things happen, huh?

Oh...back to the original question: No :p

:D

Horror left a lotta 'loose ends' around here....It's kinda like the painting (or the Twilight Zone *or was it Night Gallery?* episode), with all the staircases that go everywhere, but end up nowhere...

Just like everyone knows the 'Site Suggestions' forum will never be used for the purpose it was intended, so they just play games in it...

The STE
04-15-2006, 11:14 AM
hmph. Maybe I should contribute to the Database, then I could be a mod

bloodrayne
04-15-2006, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by The STE
hmph. Maybe I should contribute to the Database, then I could be a mod Nah...It was just a one-time deal

If we could actually REQUEST that someone be made a moderator, I would definitely throw your name in there...Wouldn't THAT be ironic?...One of the only 2 people to EVER be banned by Horror himself, becoming a moderator?:D

But...Horror never responds to us...

Nyarlathotep
04-15-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
Soooo, we (Zwoti, Cerberus, Shanks and I) spent a LOT of time adding 'crap posts' just to bury everything onto the second page (because no one really ever looks at the second page)

cerebus?? sure it wasn't kpro with a little help by amk

Just like everyone knows the 'Site Suggestions' forum will never be used for the purpose it was intended, so they just play games in it...

or they were "moved" there ;)

Nyarlathotep
04-15-2006, 11:37 AM
Nah...It was just a one-time deal

If we could actually REQUEST that someone be made a moderator, I would definitely throw your name in there...Wouldn't THAT be ironic?...One of the only 2 people to EVER be banned by Horror himself, becoming a moderator?:D

But...Horror never responds to us...

http://img228.exs.cx/img228/638/whistle9qn.gif

bloodrayne
04-15-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Nyarlathotep
or they were "moved" there ;) Oh...Heh...Looks like I'm not aware of EVERYTHING that goes on around here:D

And...Now that you mention it...I DO remember Stacy helping to bury some shit in New Members, Modern Movies, and a few other places before we had ANY moderators (well, except for Arioch, but he only had 'Music'...and that was because he had so many threads in the Music forum...It happened the same way that it did with kPro and the database)...

I also remember Shanks making a lotta 'crap posts' just because we were, but he really didn't know WHY we were doing it (at first)....That was really funny...

And how many people were like "What are you doing?"..."Why are you spamming up the forum?"...."Why are you pulling up all these old threads?"...Etcetera...It was great :D ....It proved that it worked...If no one knew what WE were doing, then they weren't aware of what BANE was doing....So...Mission accomplished:cool:

bloodrayne
04-15-2006, 11:47 AM
http://img228.exs.cx/img228/638/whistle9qn.gif Well...Okay...He sometimes responds to ONE of us......I have never figured out why that is...

Maybe he just hates the rest of us:p

The STE
04-15-2006, 11:47 AM
which one?

bloodrayne
04-15-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by The STE
which one? Hmph...Not ME

Nyarlathotep
04-15-2006, 11:51 AM
Well...Okay...He sometimes responds to ONE of us......I have never figured out why that is...

Maybe he just hates the rest of us:p

maybe he just has some jealousy issues with boobies :eek:

bloodrayne
04-15-2006, 11:54 AM
maybe he just has some jealousy issues with boobies :eek: LMAO...Could be...I've noticed that the 'Chosen One' has no boobies

Apparently, Horror does NOT have any 'jealousy issues' with a nice ass...

Oh...I did NOT just say that :eek: :o

Umm...That's assuming your assessment is correct, of course:p

Nyarlathotep
04-15-2006, 11:56 AM
And...Now that you mention it...I DO remember Stacy helping to bury some shit in New Members, Modern Movies, and a few other places before we had ANY moderators (well, except for Arioch, but he only had 'Music'...and that was because he had so many threads in the Music forum...It happened the same way that it did with kPro and the database)...

don't forget the fun that was had with the literary "genius" that was pbenvin :mad: http://www.bootyroast.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rant.gif

bloodrayne
04-15-2006, 12:10 PM
don't forget the fun that was had with the literary "genius" that was pbenvin :mad: http://www.bootyroast.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rant.gif HaHa...I just loved it when he said that I, and people like ME, was the reason that moderators would give up on this forum....AND when he kept defending Bane, saying that he didn't see how Bane was 'doing anything wrong'

Just proved that he had NO idea what was going on at this forum

And, now that you reminded me....I guess we DID have a 'moderator' then....Wonder why that would slip my mind?:rolleyes:

Nyarlathotep
04-15-2006, 12:13 PM

And, now that you reminded me....I guess we DID have a 'moderator' then....Wonder why that would slip my mind?:rolleyes:

cuz he was ballless and didn't have a fucking clue what he was doing or how he would do it anyway [/RANT]

The_Return
04-15-2006, 01:00 PM
cuz he was ballless and didn't have a fucking clue what he was doing or how he would do it anyway [/RANT]

Deep breaths, in through the nose, out through the mouth. Goosefraba, goosefraba, goosefraba.

:p

bloodrayne
04-15-2006, 01:24 PM
cuz he was ballless and didn't have a fucking clue what he was doing or how he would do it anyway [/RANT] Yeah...That was obvious when I told him that if I was so bad, he should just ban me....I really believe that was why he said that he didn't see any reason that Bane should be banned either, and why he didn't think his posts needed to be removed.....It was because he didn't know how to ban anyone, or remove posts:rolleyes:

Haunted
04-15-2006, 01:32 PM
One question? Where was I during all of this? I know that very few people were involved, but I can't believe that we were all that fuckin' clueless.

Hmmm...Maybe some folks think that little Mistress Haunted is... oft' too silly.

Nyarlathotep
04-15-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Haunted
I know that very few people were involved, but I can't believe that we were all that fuckin' clueless.

well the secret is out now as to why bane was banned on sight

as to why no-one seemed to notice, it begs the question as to how often people venture south of the music forum :eek:

i mean, just look at these rambling idiots :p

Val Lewton thread (http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6811)

Haunted
04-15-2006, 04:20 PM
I wish I would have known about that. It would have been fun just to shoot the shit.

I have ventured south (ahem), but I guess it was a case, for me at the time, of not being there at the right time.

Nyarlathotep, I feel as if I should know you...

filmmaker2
04-16-2006, 09:32 AM
I just read the Val Lewton thread, and frankly I am horrified.

Nyarlathotep
04-16-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by filmmaker2
I just read the Val Lewton thread, and frankly I am horrified.

the lack of appreciation is shocking

filmmaker2
04-16-2006, 10:05 AM
Actually I think a lot of those posts have to be jokes, because those people know more than that. I thought the thread was amusing in a demented way.

val lewton=al lewis=did you see any of the films=i saw the munsters

Posher778
04-16-2006, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by filmmaker2
Actually I think a lot of those posts have to be jokes, because those people know more than that. I thought the thread was amusing in a demented way.

val lewton=al lewis=did you see any of the films=i saw the munsters

I agree, I had to leave the room to throw up...... only with a little less exaggeration.

kpropain
04-16-2006, 08:12 PM
LOL the good old days of the burying parties...

Damn that seems like forever ago now...