PDA

View Full Version : Simpsons movie!

The_Return
04-14-2006, 12:44 PM
There's finally a teaser out!!! Admittedly it isnt a very good teaser...but a teaser nonetheless!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462538/trailers

lovecraft
04-14-2006, 01:15 PM
when I went to see Ice Age 2, they played a Simpsons teaser.
I love the Simpsons, but I wonder can they pull off a movie length feature? Can they give us something new? I hope so.

scouse mac
04-14-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by lovecraft
Can they give us something new? I hope so.

Thats the key question, Simpsons has been stale for a while now and they would need a good storyline to carry a full length feature film.

Bunman
04-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Maybe they've been using all their shit ideas to lure us all into a false sense of security then **WHAM** they hit us with an almighty kickass 90min version of the Simpsons that will blow everyone away.

The STE
04-14-2006, 03:12 PM
any long-running things in the show that haven't been payed off yet?

Bunman
04-14-2006, 04:16 PM
Im not sure - What if they won millions on the lottery?

urgeok
04-14-2006, 04:56 PM
the worst simpsons episode is better than the best family guy episode ..

what kind of forced desperate shit is that ?
finally saw family guy - and it's a bad show ..

lets see, take the simpsons, king of the hill, south park, put it in a blender, strain out the cleverness, and you have - the family guy.

noctuary
04-14-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by urgeok

lets see, take the simpsons, king of the hill, south park, put it in a blender, strain out the cleverness, and you have - the family guy.
FINALLY! Someone else sees it! I'll admit that Family Guy has it's moments, but for the most part it's very mediocre. The writers spend way too much time trying to be obscure and clever and way too little trying to be actually funny.

The movie was pretty good though.

Angra
04-15-2006, 03:58 AM
Do we really need a simpsons movie?

I think not.

South park did it about 6 years ago. Now itīs too late.

Yellow Jacket
04-17-2006, 08:46 AM
All I can say is that now that The Simpsons movie is in full-gear, this means that the show is finally coming to an end. They've been talking about this mvoie for a couple of years now. Matt Groening (the creator) said that when he does make this movie, the show is done and over with. At the time, it seemed like a lose-lose situation. But, at which the Simpsons rate is going, this now seems like a win-win situation IMO. Sounds good to me! I'll pay $6.50 for my matinee ticket to see it!

ItsAlive75
04-17-2006, 10:27 AM
After the South Park movie, it's gonna be really hard for Simpsons/Family Guy/any adult cartoon to make a smart, funny film. South Park is probably one of the most intelligent shows I've seen.

The STE
04-17-2006, 02:39 PM

no, South Park's style of humor is totally different

urgeok
04-17-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by The STE
no, South Park's style of humor is totally different

yep.....

it's funny ..

Firemedic
04-17-2006, 07:18 PM
The Simpsons of course is the best, but how can anyone deny that Family Guy has taken over. As for South Park, Im a long time fan, but I have to admit that some of their newer stuff does suck.

Posher778
04-17-2006, 07:26 PM
yep.....

it's funny ..

What episode did you see?

Amalthea
04-18-2006, 03:54 AM
I agree about the storyline!

Despare
04-18-2006, 07:39 AM
Can't wait to see the Simpsons movie, I'm sure it won't meet many expectations but I still have hope. As for Family Guy, I like it a lot and it's simply a different kind of show than the Simpsons. Family Guy is a pop culture referance machine with a different feel than the Simpsons. Both are comedies but that's it. Things like the Kool-Aid man busting through the wall with "Oh Yeah!" and when the kids are in the bathroom and get caught drinking and G.I. Joe comes out of one of the stalls with one of his lessons. It's toilet humor (sometimes literally like the Peter Vs. Michael Moore farting contest) and I love it. You wouldn't compare Full House to Sienfeld would you?

urgeok
04-18-2006, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Posher778
What episode did you see?

i saw parts of a couple of episodes ..

dont know what ones .. both times i was turned off by the 'obviousness' of them .. just unfunny unclever shock value jokes.

it reminded me of some of the shows my kid watches - only with added adult material ..

(the kind of shows that think they are being really clever .. for a target audience of 'knowing' 12 year olds)

i'm not saying people shouldnt like it ..just explaining my impressions of it - and why i didnt like it personally

urgeok
04-18-2006, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Despare
You wouldn't compare Full House to Sienfeld would you?

well, actually i would ..

full house might have been ok if i was a little kid .. but i would seem pretty dumb to me now . i've outgrown the level humor presented in that show.

i never liked Seinfeld ... but its more of an adult humor - the kind which i'm supposed to identify with..

family guy is a kind of humor i've outgrown ..whereas south park, simpsons, king of the hill, and futurama all appeal to me because of my personal tastes. (i like a blend of 'out-there' with pop culture references, and some slapstick)

i still find that the above shows feel fresh.

I should add that i've never watched any of them on TV - just through DVD collections ... so i havent gotten to the latest seasons yet to see if - in my eyes - they are in fact getting stale.

So far they're all still good to me ..

Despare
04-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Family Guy is truly a show that you either love or hate, but I think comparing The Simpson to Family Guy or either of those to South Park is redundant because they aren't similar enough. They're animated comedies but they're really aiming for different groups I think. Family Guy really seems like it's shooting for 16-19 year olds with the humor but the referances are decidedly older (such as the Edward James Olmos's ass joke, loved it) and I think a lot of people get confused by the show. Personally I've never been a huge South Park fan and while I love some of the episodes the majority of them don't interest me. The Simpsons is great, it can be enjoyed by almost any age group and it will be recognized as one of the greatest television shows of all time animated or not.

urgeok
04-19-2006, 06:07 AM
i still believe you can group most of these shows in the same bucket ..
they all are animated series about families satirizing the american way of life .. not much more to it than that.

Simpsons ... probably the cleverest of the bunch (including Futurama)

King of the Hill ... more grass roots .. more realistic. (it's funny because it's true)

South Park - deliberately awful animation .. allows them to get away with a lot more than they otherwise would. Seems in your face on the surface but there is a lot of cleverness under the shock value ... it really takes the piss out of (i love that UK phrase :)) sacred american icons.

family guy .. is a show that desperately runs around recycling the scraps from the shows above .. everything i've seen on it - i've seen before .. but handled much more deftly by the origionals.

i thought it was so painfully bad I'm actually suprised anyone likes it ...

again .. i'm not trying to shit on the people who do like it ... they obviously see something i cant.

ItsAlive75
04-19-2006, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Despare
Family Guy really seems like it's shooting for 16-19 year olds with the humor but the referances are decidedly older (such as the Edward James Olmos's ass joke, loved it) and I think a lot of people get confused by the show. Personally I've never been a huge South Park fan and while I love some of the episodes the majority of them don't interest me. The Simpsons is great, it can be enjoyed by almost any age group and it will be recognized as one of the greatest television shows of all time animated or not.

Family Guy's audience is stoner college students, they're who brought the show back from cancellation (and why I'm a fan). South Park is for people who keep up with the news cuz its a very "topical" show. Simpsons, yes, is for anyone and everyone... that's kind of the point of the show. It satirizes society in every sense, that's what made the show great.

noctuary
04-19-2006, 08:15 PM
I really do hope that they bring the Simpsons to an end after the movie. In its heyday, it was a great show, quite likely the best on (American) television. Now... it's played out. I can't even bring myself to watch the newer episodes. It just seems like the pale shadow of something that was once great.