PDA

View Full Version : Reasoning Behind Names

The_Return
04-13-2006, 04:58 PM
Sure it's been done many times before, but not in quite awhile.

So, what are the stories behind everyone's screennames? Ive told mine enough times, but Im always ready to spout it off again incase anyone doesnt know;) :p

How about the rest of ya'll?

VampiricClown
04-13-2006, 05:01 PM
Screennames such as instant messenger or Usernames on here?

Yellow Jacket
04-13-2006, 05:03 PM
I just thought that Yellow Jacket was a pretty cool name. No backstory whatsoever. Though, I do like it when it's abbreviated as YJ.

The_Return
04-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by VampiricClown
Screennames such as instant messenger or Usernames on here?

*shrug* Doesnt matter. All of the above if you want:)

VampiricClown
04-13-2006, 05:16 PM
VampiricClown:
My gf called me a vampire once and my uncle is scared to death of clowns.

Firebrand700:
The name of a demon from one of my video games. The "700" was the lowest number available.

Outkastedangel700:
Mostly from being cheated on.

Straight_Jacket_Clown:
Self explantory.

Yellow Jacket
04-13-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by VampiricClown
VampiricClown:
Straight_Jacket_Clown:
Self explantory.

I think I can explain this one. VC is straight, but in Horror.com Mountain, he accidentaly falls in love with another man named Yellow Jacket. Soon, his uncle, who is afraid of clowns, shoots YJ with his .45 Caliber. So, VampiricClown donned the name Straight_Jacket_Clown. :p

VampiricClown
04-13-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket
I think I can explain this one. VC is straight, but in Horror.com Mountain, he accidentaly falls in love with another man named Yellow Jacket. Soon, his uncle, who is afraid of clowns, shoots YJ with his .45 Caliber. So, VampiricClown donned the name Straight_Jacket_Clown. :p

I haven't fallen in love with anyone here....lol, My uncle is gay though.

swiftdeath
04-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Honestly I have no idea why I chose swiftdeath. I just thought it would be cool I suppose, well that and I couldn't think of anything else. But I do know why I have ladykane as my screen name on a few other places, and that's because Kane is a nickname that one of my friends gave me.

lovecraft
04-13-2006, 06:12 PM
I picked lovecraft because I was reading one of his stories when I joined and I couldn't think of anything better...

monalisa
04-13-2006, 07:05 PM
Well, here's probably one of the more boring screen name stories. Back when I was about 13 my family and a few other families would go camping at this place in Wisconsin (the other families were from Milwaukee and Chicago). Anyway, the dad of one of the families thought I looked like Monalisa so everyone started calling me Monalisa or Mona and it became my nickname. We went there for years and some of the people that camped there thought my name was Mona (it's really Kathy). So there ya go, Monalisa was my teenage nickname. :o

Elvis_Christ
04-13-2006, 07:05 PM
I had hippy parents :P

noctuary
04-13-2006, 07:51 PM
Noctuary is the title of a book by Thomas Ligotti.

Nae'blis is a term from the Wheel of Time books. It's the highest of the Dark One's servants.

Dante'sInferno
04-13-2006, 08:04 PM
Dante'sInferno
"Dante(Devil may cry) In hell."

RoyalCrackMaster006

Have no fucking idea...

The Mothman
04-13-2006, 08:04 PM
i think the mothman is a cool legend.

Posher778
04-13-2006, 08:09 PM
posher is my nickname.

MisterSadistro
04-13-2006, 08:57 PM
Mister Sadistro is the masked 50s wrestler hero that the main character in my first (and unfinished) movie idolized as a kid. After his nervous breakdown, he assumes the identity and holds a woman prisoner thinking it's his mom, who made his dad flip out and kill his family. Wackiness ensues :D
I'm darthvonpokemon everywhere else on the internet, but that monicker got banned from here once upon a time.
CK

uknowtherules48
04-13-2006, 09:03 PM
This may sound tacky... but i play in an online gaming room and this name has been around for almost 2 years... I always heard about do you know this do you know that.. these are the rules and blah blah blah... well youknowtherules seemed tacky..... Uknowtherules was taken and 484 at the time was part of my cell phone... it has been a blast to have this name and to see the responses it gets. May ppl will think it is a friend of theirs in hiding playing a trick..... or just a prank name... I have come to love this name :) and couldnt see using anything else, anywhere i can!!

Angelakillsluts
04-13-2006, 10:24 PM
mine is so lame and I really should have put thought into it, I really didn't expect to stick around so long! :D

I was asked for a username and tried to think of something sleepaway camp related because I'm a big fan of the sleepaway camp movies. Now I have to deal with seeing Angelakills**** all the time on the homepage. :)

oh and there is another "s" I had to exclude from the name because it made it to long, that should have been my hint right there. haha

Tat2
04-13-2006, 10:44 PM
My nickname is "Tattoo" I am a biker and the way it usually goes is...your name is chosen for you by the "masses" ie., other Bikers. It's not because i'm an artist...it's because I get so many and love getting them. The pain associated with being under the needle for a few hours is not only intoxicating...but lets your body get rid of the stress you have been dealing with since your last one. More people know me by Tattoo than my real name.

uknowtherules48
04-14-2006, 03:58 AM
tat I agree with you one hundred percent having a tattoo is relaxing... i fell asleep on some of mine , but after 4 tattoos i went to piercings.... lol i am at 3 now and lost where to turn to next..... lol

hammerfan
04-14-2006, 04:23 AM
I'm a big fan of the Hammer horror movies. My old name was Taylorsmommy - Taylor was my cat (my baby) who died last August.

The Flayed One
04-14-2006, 04:51 AM
Well, I used to go by Filthy Beast of Meat and Hair. Obviously, that's WAY too long, and you can hardly find a message board that will accept it. Flayed One was a beastie in Diablo. I liked the name, but I thought Flayed and Eaten was cooler. Unfortunately, it's one letter too long for HDC. So I used my back up, The Flayed One. I'm either one of those two on any message board now. Most people just refer to me as Flayed, which I like and works with either name.

Bunman
04-14-2006, 05:13 AM
My fave film is The Untold Story. An AKA of the film is Bunman: The Untold Story. Hence why I use that as my screen name.

scouse mac
04-14-2006, 12:41 PM
Scouse: because Im from Liverpool and everyone born and raised in Liverpool are called Scousers (just like Londoners are called cockneys etc).

Mac: Its part of my surname.

The STE
04-14-2006, 12:49 PM
my old Sn was Sam The Egg, but I got banned for no good reason, so I just used the initials and put "The" in front of it to be cool. Hence: The STE

Thomasgeorge
04-14-2006, 12:53 PM
well it is my real name and the other name I was thinking of is in use

Haunted
04-14-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by The STE
my old Sn was Sam The Egg, but I got banned for no good reason, so I just used the initials and put "The" in front of it to be cool. Hence: The STE

No mentioning of the first name you used...

When I joined, there weren't a whole whole lot of people around so I had quite a pick, but I kept it simple and appropriate. I like ghosts, and those things that are associated with ghosts. Those things that are associated with ghosts are haunted

The STE
04-14-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Haunted
No mentioning of the first name you used...

When I joined, there weren't a whole whole lot of people around so I had quite a pick, but I kept it simple and appropriate. I like ghosts, and those things that are associated with ghosts. Those things that are associated with ghosts are haunted

what, Ravenbomb?

Tat2
04-14-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by uknowtherules48
tat I agree with you one hundred percent having a tattoo is relaxing... i fell asleep on some of mine , but after 4 tattoos i went to piercings.... lol i am at 3 now and lost where to turn to next..... lol

I also agree with piercings as well... I have 8 right now. 3 are guaged, with the largest being a #4 guage. And when you don't have $200.00+ to put out for a tat...a piercing is the next best thing!

ItsAlive75
04-14-2006, 03:00 PM
...the movie titled It's Alive... made in '75.

Not so clever.

Haunted
04-14-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by The STE
what, Ravenbomb?

That's the one. I joined right at the tail end at that saga. Shame I missed most of it.;)

The STE
04-14-2006, 04:46 PM
Raven: One of my favorite wrestlers
bomb: reference to Soy-Bomb

Abominus
04-14-2006, 05:48 PM
Mines a geeky 80's Transformers thing and the same name for all the forums and stuff I'm involved in.

newb
04-14-2006, 08:43 PM
Lets see.....my original name on here was....well.....let this guy answer for me.

BudMan
04-14-2006, 08:44 PM
Yeah thats right.....i can't help it if this newb character overshadowed me.

newb
04-14-2006, 08:47 PM
Thank you Budman.....so one day i was bored and created the newb guy[ a derivative of "noob"....just to fuck with all the "noob-bashers".

This one seem to take off ....so there it is.

mothermold
04-14-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by newb
Thank you Budman.....so one day i was bored and created the newb guy[ a derivative of "noob"....just to fuck with all the "noob-bashers".

This one seem to take off ....so there it is.

Classic case of multiple personality disorder.I'll be watching you.;)

mothermold
04-14-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Abominus
Mines a geeky 80's Transformers thing and the same name for all the forums and stuff I'm involved in.

I knew I heard that name before.One of the Horrorcons right?

BudMan
04-14-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by mothermold
Classic case of multiple personality disorder.I'll be watching you.;)

No it isn't

newb
04-14-2006, 09:15 PM
YES....it is.

mothermold
04-14-2006, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by newb
YES....it is.

OOOOhhh this is bad,before you know it you'll be trying to bite your own face and picking a fight with the mirror.:eek:

Spallalala
04-15-2006, 01:14 AM
My name on here is from a ICP song ( The bugs track ) .

Abominus
04-15-2006, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by mothermold
I knew I heard that name before.One of the Horrorcons right?

Actually one of the gestalts (big one made of smaller ones) He was made of the five Terrrorcons...but you were close.

I'm such a geek.:p

stubbornforgey
04-15-2006, 10:37 AM
Mine is self explanatory but it was given
and not chosen.
Stubborn+ cos i refused to back down from a debate and i never gave up on anything.
Forge+ cos i jumped online under my hubbys nick then ppl started automatically assuming that forge belonged to me so ..he tole me to keep the fuckin nick n shove it where momma used to powder..
'his exact words'
Forgey came about cos of my aussie mate
who always greeted me with ..FORRRRRRRGEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!
The 2 nicks were separate up untill 2 years ago when i joined pspgraphics n fun
when ..then one of the mods posted...'fuck your stubborn forgey'
then WALLA..stubbornforgey became united.

Nyarlathotep
04-15-2006, 11:42 AM
from the Cthulhu Lexicon (http://www.netherreal.de/library/lexicon/)

Nyarlathotep. (Pronounced either ni-ar-lat-ho-tep or nyar-lat-ho-tep). The messenger of the Great Old Ones, also named, among other things, the Black Man. Nyarlathotep is considered an Outer God. The Haunter of the Dark is an avatar of Nyarlathotep. Nyarlathotep is the messenger of Azathoth and the one member of the Mythos who deals on a personal level with human beings in general. He is described, in his human form at least, as being of the old native blood of Egypt and looking like a Pharaoh. Wherever he visits, rest vanishes and the wails of nightmares untold echoes through the streets. Nyarlathotep is especially fond of technology and psychology.

bloodrayne
04-15-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by stubbornforgey
Mine is self explanatory but it was given
and not chosen.
Same here...But...I've posted it many times before:

Originally posted by bloodrayne
When I had red hair, I looked a LOT like the BloodRayne in the video game...Lots of people pointed it out...As a matter of fact, I was playing the game, Seri was watching me play, and she said, "Mom...That's YOU"...She didn't just mean BloodRayne's looks, she meant the attitude, sarcasm, wit ("Okay, you can stop shooting me now"...heh)...The whole thing....AND...That's how I was given this screen name...

It really doesn't suit me AT ALL now...I mean my personality and attitude are the same (that NEVER changes)...But, I have black hair, and this pregnancy has made me fat:D...So, I really don't resemble BloodRayne anymore, as far as appearance goes

I'm really more 'Rayne Storm' now

Yeti.13
04-15-2006, 02:52 PM
Boring, just a nickname with 13 added on the end, my birthday and a nice unlucky number.

friday13thfan
04-15-2006, 05:51 PM
i like the firday the 13th moives..well not jason goes to hell

mothermold
04-15-2006, 08:49 PM
It was available.

The STE
04-15-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
Same here...But...I've posted it many times before:

It really doesn't suit me AT ALL now...I mean my personality and attitude are the same (that NEVER changes)...But, I have black hair, and this pregnancy has made me fat:D...So, I really don't resemble BloodRayne anymore, as far as appearance goes

I'm really more 'Rayne Storm' now

You could go with the Slayer reference and use "Rayne of Blood"