PDA

View Full Version : Zombie film coming out soon?

Chaos17
04-13-2006, 11:50 AM
Are there any high budget zombie films coming out? anytime soon?

similar to dawn of the dead?

or something like it? with ppl in a war with zombies?

Thomasgeorge
04-13-2006, 12:20 PM
nope

Posher778
04-13-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Thomasgeorge
nope

Uhhh... Hello... resident Evil 3...

Thomasgeorge
04-13-2006, 12:24 PM
oh yeah just heard sorry hope its better than the rest

The_Return
04-13-2006, 01:57 PM
http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/zombies.html

filmmaker2
04-13-2006, 02:47 PM
You're probably thinking about the upcoming rerelease (by Universal!!) of DAWN OF THE DEAD 1978 this summer. This is one thing I am not looking forward to. First of all it's been cut to an R; second of all, it's had "new state of the art effects" added to it, and third, it's in "THX and Digital Sound," so you know someone sold out for the moolah.

I think this is the worst idea, adding digital zombies to an already classic zombie film, then cutting probably most of the gory violence; and who knows, there is probably an animated "comedy zombie," like a zombie Jar-Jar, as well. DAWN OF THE DEAD 1978 WAS FINE THE WAY IT WAS, CHANGING IT AND ADDING DIGITAL EFFECTS IS A BAAAAAD IDEA. I think everyone agrees with me on this?

This is being personally overseen by George himself, so you've gotta figure they waved a big pile of money in front of his nose, and god bless him, he's earned it but personally I think they have gone too far.

I've written countless letters about this already but the fact is, the work has been done and they are going to release it, so the most we fans of the original version of DOTD can do is not see it.

AmericanManiac
04-13-2006, 07:28 PM
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD 3D
Alright I love that fucking house and Sid Haig is in it. Cant wait !

filmmaker2
04-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Oh yeah. I'll watch a new NOTLD 3D, but there's no way/room in hell I would watch an R-rated recut of DAWN OF THE DEAD 1978 with digital zombies in it. I understand they are leaving the exploding head in, of all things, but they are darkening the shot and adding a motion blur effect so you see it but you don't really see it.

They are also using digital effects to take out some of the signs in the mall, like J.C. Penney's, etc., and they have created a CG helicopter and a CG David Emge so you can see him in the cockpit flying the thing. Can you believe all this???????? I sure can't.

OHHH MAGOD, OMAGOD. My clock got messed up and I thought it said April fools day. That was like two weeks ago sorry!!!!! Well not really.

doctor satan
04-14-2006, 05:13 AM
Its not as bad as what they did to that Anniversary edition of NOTLD, adding new footage George Lucas stylee, those responsible should have been charged with the Rape & mutilation of a classic.

filmmaker2
04-14-2006, 06:02 AM
Ah yes. I watched that once, and that was a pretty weird thing to do with that movie. I liked Moo-Shoo the little rat dog though. I thought, "Night of the Living Dead is a good movie but what it really needs is a little rat dog name Moo Shoo"